Domestic Engineer

I really believe I'm at a point in life where I would love to be "stay at home"... I envision being able to work out every day, a tidy house, a gloriously landscaped yard, healthy/tasty gourmet meals being cooked every night... all chores done by the weekend so that weekends are always "quality time" days and being so content and relaxed with life that :bangbangbang: would be a daily pleasure... kinda like the dollop of cream on top the end (or beginning) of a delicious day...:dance:

meangirl

Nice lady!
kwillia said:
I really believe I'm at a point in life where I would love to be "stay at home"... I envision being able to work out every day, a tidy house, a gloriously landscaped yard, healthy/tasty gourmet meals being cooked every night... all chores done by the weekend so that weekends are always "quality time" days and being so content and relaxed with life that :bangbangbang: would be a daily pleasure... kinda like the dollop of cream on top the end (or beginning) of a delicious day...:dance:

Yeah but sometimes when he's done with all that he isn't in the mood to :bangbangbang:. :ohwell:

meangirl said:
Yeah but sometimes when he's done with all that he isn't in the mood to :bangbangbang:. :ohwell:
:roflmao:

I was envisioning me doing all of this and being so content with life that upon his arrival home from work, I would meet him at the door with a cold beer in one hand and my drawers in the other...:dance:

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
kwillia said:
kwillia said:

I was envisioning me doing all of this and being so content with life that upon his arrival home from work, I would meet him at the door with a cold beer in one hand and my drawers in the other...:dance:

kwillia will you marry me?

MysticalMom said:
kwillia will you marry me?
Well... for the scenerio above to work, you'd have to be able to afford to cover all household expenses on your income, carry me and the kids on your benefits plan and have a wanker cause I dig dudes...:dance:

Pandora

kwillia said:

:yeahthat: In the past, I've said there is no way I could do it, but working full-time, with 2 children, my husband's demanding schedule, it would be enjoyed only focusing on home life and not both.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
kwillia said:

Betcha June Cleaver never did that.:lol:

sockgirl77

I tried it for 4 or 5 months. I got bored. I also hated not having my own income. I hated asking for money to buy my necessities. Also, I had to take money out of his account to buy his bday and Father's Day gifts. Well, that was part of my "allowance". :rolleyes: Felt weird. I found myself finding kids to babysit just so I could have a few bucks of my own. :shrug:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
sockgirl77 said:
I tried it for 4 or 5 months. I got bored. I also hated not having my own income. I hated asking for money to buy my necessities. Also, I had to take money out of his account to buy his bday and Father's Day gifts. Well, that was part of my "allowance". :rolleyes: Felt weird. I found myself finding kids to babysit just so I could have a few bucks of my own. :shrug:
I thought I would feel that way, but in the end, my education was more important to me than having my own money to buy crap I probably didn't need to begin with. It's actually working out very well, for all three of us. Then again, I don't get an "allowance", it's our money.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Wickedwrench said:
Betcha June Cleaver never did that.:lol:

Of course she did! How else did they come up with lines like

"Ward, you were awefully rough on the Beaver last night."

sockgirl77 said:
... but what did you do with your time? Did you do a daily workout, straighten the house daily, do yardwork daily, run the errands daily, and cook up a well-balanced, healthy, delicious gourmet meal every evening...:shrug:

And as for "allowance"... there would be no such thing. If I'm running the household, I have the purse strings.