Domestic Engineer

sockgirl77

kwillia said:
... but what did you do with your time? Did you do a daily workout, straighten the house daily, do yardwork daily, run the errands daily, and cook up a well-balanced, healthy, delicious gourmet meal every evening...:shrug:
All but the yard work. Socki and yard work do not mix. Allergies. :ohwell:
Keep in mind that this was before my son was walking so I wasn't chasing after him or having to constantly pick up toys. My house stayed spotless. God, I miss those days. :lol:

W

Wenchy

Nickel said:
I thought I would feel that way, but in the end, my education was more important to me than having my own money to buy crap I probably didn't need to begin with. It's actually working out very well, for all three of us. Then again, I don't get an "allowance", it's our money.

I have a strict household budget that stays the same each month. I pay all of the bills. There are months with higher medical expenses, and certain months with birthdays and such.

I can't believe that class field trips can now cost $80, but that is all taken from the monthly budget.

Any money that I save, I can use in any way that I want, and I usually apply more to the principal on the mortgage...which is almost gone. :yay:

I have learned to be quite thrifty, and it's a privelege to be able to stay at home. I really appreciate it and never get bored.

Wenchy said:
I have learned to be quite thrifty, and it's a privelege to be able to stay at home. I really appreciate it and never get bored.
See... that's what I'm thinking... after spending 22 years straight in the workforce, I would be so thrilled with being able to make the homefront my main focus in life that I would value the time and make the most of it. :yay:

W

Wenchy

kwillia said:
See... that's what I'm thinking... after spending 22 years straight in the workforce, I would be so thrilled with being able to make the homefront my main focus in life that I would value the time and make the most of it. :yay:

The health insurance and benefits have been the hard part, but there are other ways to cut back to make up for it.

I hope you can do this, too. :huggy:

My daughter has thanked me numerous times for being there for her 24/7. My son has finally adjusted to my constant presence :lol: I have no regrets, but wish I had left the workforce before I did, or had at least switched to part-time.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Chasey_Lane said:
I couldn't do it - I shop too much. :ohwell: :lol:
I shop more than necessary too, but I've focused my attention on shopping for the house, and improvint it. That's considered acceptable, because it's an investment, adding value to our home. :biggrin:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Nickel said:
I shop more than necessary too, but I've focused my attention on shopping for the house, and improvint it. That's considered acceptable, because it's an investment, adding value to our home. :biggrin:
Day wants new furniture, but I won't let him buy any. Does that make me a mean fiancee? :tap:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Chasey_Lane said:
Day wants new furniture, but I won't let him buy any. Does that make me a mean fiancee? :tap:
I don't know, in our house it's usually the other way around. :lmao:

W

Wenchy

Chasey_Lane said:

Yes. You will be going to Hell dressed nicely and smelling fine. :shrug:

I will be going there with no debt. :ohwell: