Don's Tribute to Freda

billydog said:
Anyone else listening to Don on WJFK?? Holy smokes, get your hankies out!! :bawl:
I really wanted to tune in when it started, but I guess I wll need to wait till I leave work. I always liked when he called he on air. RIP

billydog

He now has been talking about her for 48 minutes with no commercial breaks. He made it clear that he is not the "Don Geronimo" that we hear on the radio. He is Mike Sorce, and he loved his wife more than life itself. He promises that tomorrow he will be back to being Don, but for today it is just pure, raw emotion of a man who is truly in pain.

R

remaxrealtor

QUOTE=billydog]Anyone else listening to Don on WJFK?? Holy smokes, get your hankies out!! :bawl:[/QUOTE]

How he's holding it together I do not know.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Rondevous said:
This is hard to listen to.

Not sure how he is doing it. :bawl:

I can barely hear or understand much of what he is saying. He's kidding himself if he thinks the show will be the same tomorrow, or ever! It may go on, but it cannot be the same.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
listening online now, he really is opening up, learning alot about the man ,not "Don" but Mike Sorce

R

remaxrealtor

What's up w/ the MORBID drunk driver ad they played the minute he finished? That had to make him feel good...or maybe it was his decision to play it in hopes of preventing it from happening to someone else.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
remaxrealtor said:
What's up w/ the MORBID drunk driver ad they played the minute he finished? That had to make him feel good...or maybe it was his decision to play it in hopes of preventing it from happening to someone else.

I was wondering the same thing. Did I miss something? Was the driver that hit her drunk?

R

remaxrealtor

cattitude said:
I was wondering the same thing. Did I miss something? Was the driver that hit her drunk?

No, he actually said, in answer to a callers question, that he was not under the influence. Someone was telling me that Freda had alcohol in her blood (according to a news story), but that the accident was not her fault. Maybe he's feeling like things could have been different? I'm WAYYYY speculating, but there were several MADD ads in a row?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
cattitude said:
This happened on 11 July. Not sure about the drinking, but here's a link.

I missed the broadcast but just turned it on a few minutes ago... and they were making fun of some dude for being stupid, just like old times. (Unless it was a replay.) She was beautiful; pretty sad story.

R

remaxrealtor

hvp05 said:
This happened on 11 July. Not sure about the drinking, but here's a link.

I missed the broadcast but just turned it on a few minutes ago... and they were making fun of some dude for being stupid, just like old times. (Unless it was a replay.) She was beautiful; pretty sad story.

That was a "best of" segment. His tribute to her today was heartbreaking. He says the show will be back to normal tomorrow, we'll see.

Toxick

Splat
I cannot even begin to imagine the pain of losing a wife. I've never even tried to imagine it, because just thinking about trying to imagine it gets me upset.

I'm not sure if "admire" is a word I'd ever associate with Donny G, but I do like the SOB, and I liked his wife, and I have to admire the fact that he's going to try and keep chunking along with a career in *comedy* after something like this... especially so soon.

Unfortuately, I remember the callers of the Don and Mike show, and I have a bad feeling about some of the things that are going to be said when the show goes back to normal.

I can only hope that the Random Rotating Phone Scan does not turn into a blood bath tomorrow.

RIP Frieda Sorce.
Good Luck Mike Sorce.