Don's Tribute to Freda

R

remaxrealtor

Toxick said:
I cannot even begin to imagine the pain of losing a wife. I've never even tried to imagine it, because just thinking about trying to imagine it gets me upset.

I'm not sure if "admire" is a word I'd ever associate with Donny G, but I do like the SOB, and I liked his wife, and I have to admire the fact that he's going to try and keep chunking along with a career in *comedy* after something like this... especially so soon.

Unfortuately, I remember the callers of the Don and Mike show, and I have a bad feeling about some of the things that are going to be said when the show goes back to normal.

I can only hope that the Random Rotating Phone Scan does not turn into a blood bath tomorrow.

RIP Frieda Sorce.
Good Luck Mike Sorce.

There were even a few calls today that didn't need to be. However, when someone asked if she was a donor, he was open and honest, explaining that they weren't able to donate. I think he's dealing with this realistically and head on, that might make it harder for the JO's to mess with
(hopefully....like him or not, he's been through enough).

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
It should be on-line by tomorrow evening. Will ready for download then. They have been uploading the show on the internet for years so that those who don't get the syndication can hear the show and demand their local stations carry the it.

Toxick

Splat
Lenny said:
It should be on-line by tomorrow evening. Will ready for download then. They have been uploading the show on the internet for years so that those who don't get the syndication can hear the show and demand their local stations carry the it.

I was under the impression that WJFK wouldn't allow feeds for the radio show, unless it was on a paid subscription website - and Don & Mike refused to put their show on a paid subscription website, when it's free over the radio.

I know that there are illicit feeds all over the place - although I've never been able to find them :(

I would LOVE to be able to listen to Don & Mike again.

I hope I can get it tomorrow.

Mikeinsmd

Toxick said:
I was under the impression that WJFK wouldn't allow feeds for the radio show, unless it was on a paid subscription website - and Don & Mike refused to put their show on a paid subscription website, when it's free over the radio. I know that there are illicit feeds all over the place - although I've never been able to find them :( I would LOVE to be able to listen to Don & Mike again. I hope I can get it tomorrow.
You can get it now. I'm listening online as I type.

R

remaxrealtor

jaybeeztoo said:
The donor topic was also difficult to listen to. I could barely make out his words, but I knew what he was implying. :ohwell:

The thing that really irked me though was his story about how the one xray company called to collect on a bill and even though he told the lady his wife had passed away, she kept on pressing. Sheesh, how quickly do these companies start demanding payment and how much time do they wait to allow for an insurance claim? :confused:

Maybe I'm trying to paint the rosy picture, but I think he'll tell a lot of those stories on the air and it will help him work through it. It would probably have been a lot harder for him to come back on if he had waited longer.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Toxick said:
I was under the impression that WJFK wouldn't allow feeds for the radio show, unless it was on a paid subscription website - and Don & Mike refused to put their show on a paid subscription website, when it's free over the radio.

But they put the show on the newsgroups so anyone in the world can collect and listen to any episode they want.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Like many locals - to the DC area, that is - I have grown up with Don & Mike on the radio... I was a listener back in the ol' morning zoo days - before he and Freda even reunited :yikes:

Through the years, I have had my ups and downs with respect to my appreciation of their humor, though at some points, I seriously thought I was addicted to the show...

With that groundwork being laid.. It hurts my head a bit that I didn't hear today's show...
:sad:

I feel horribly for the Sorce Family as well as the radio family....

billydog

virgovictoria said:
Like many locals - to the DC area, that is - I have grown up with Don & Mike on the radio... I was a listener back in the ol' morning zoo days - before he and Freda even reunited :yikes:

I grew up in Illinois in the late 70s and early 80s when Don was on WLS on AM radio. He used to do the Boogie Check and the Phone Scan even back then. I couldn't believe it when I moved here and discovered him again on WAVA.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
cattitude said:
Oh my God....her letter to him.
Wow, that is intense. It is always kind of amazing when people write letters about dying and then it happens within a relatively close time. I can't imagine how he would feel while discovering and reading that... he would hear her say every word.

It is good, though, that they had 24 years together and she essentially turned his life for the better. With the help of Bart and radio as "therapy" I hope he's able to stay strong.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
The monologue is on the newsgroups now. It's about 24 Megs long (that's why I cannot post it here). It sits at alt.binaries.don-n-mike (it's not clickable, you need a newsreader-browser) for those who wish to go get it.

mainman

Set Trippin
My news service holds binaries for 30 days. The 7/11 show is still there as well. I just grabbed the show from yesterday, I missed the first hour.