Don't do it!!!!

belvak

Happy Camper
Daughter talked me into having my nails done with her about a month ago, and I did. :smack: Don't know why, since mine were fine except for two that had just broken. NEVER again will I do this!!! :tantrum First of all, it felt weird... Like my fingers weren't really mine. Secondly, this is what I'm left with (pic 1 and pic 2) after they started popping off. :faint: Guess I learned my lesson!! The pedicure, on the other hand, was great and I WILL be doing that on a regular basis!!

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
Daughter talked me into having my nails done with her about a month ago, and I did. :smack: Don't know why, since mine were fine except for two that had just broken. NEVER again will I do this!!! :tantrum First of all, it felt weird... Like my fingers weren't really mine. Secondly, this is what I'm left with (pic 1 and pic 2) after they started popping off. :faint: Guess I learned my lesson!! The pedicure, on the other hand, was great and I WILL be doing that on a regular basis!!

I was a nail tech a while ago and first you should have gotten a fill in within 2 weeks. Second you went to a cheap nail place, probably one of those Chinese nail shops. You can take a file and buff your nails now so they don't look like crap. Slap some olive oil on them overnight or a really good moisturizer and just keep massaging into the nails for a few days. They should be fine.

Also why did you get a pedicure on your other hand???? You only did a full set on one hand? FYI - Pedicures are for the feet - manicures are for the hands.

morningbell

hmmmmmm

Were they all ghetto fabulous?

Attachments

• ghettonails.jpg
    ghettonails.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 91

belvak

Happy Camper
I was a nail tech a while ago and first you should have gotten a fill in within 2 weeks. Second you went to a cheap nail place, probably one of those Chinese nail shops. You can take a file and buff your nails now so they don't look like crap. Slap some olive oil on them overnight or a really good moisturizer and just keep massaging into the nails for a few days. They should be fine.

Also why did you get a pedicure on your other hand???? You only did a full set on one hand? FYI - Pedicures are for the feet - manicures are for the hands.

Thanks for the tip!! :huggy: You're right, I probably did go to a cheapy place (where ever Daughter goes). I've already started buffing them out. I didn't want to start the filling thing, because I had decided I was going to let them "go natural." It's just not for me. I know lots of people that do theirs all the time, but I just didn't feel like I could "feel" with them on. Know what I mean? :lmao: Anyway, back to what's worked for eons!!! Oh, and the pedicure WAS for the feet!!! Pic 1 and Pic 2 were both of the fingernails!! Just a couple of different angles.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Thanks for the tip!! :huggy: You're right, I probably did go to a cheapy place (where ever Daughter goes). I've already started buffing them out. I didn't want to start the filling thing, because I had decided I was going to let them "go natural." It's just not for me. I know lots of people that do theirs all the time, but I just didn't feel like I could "feel" with them on. Know what I mean? :lmao: Anyway, back to what's worked for eons!!! Oh, and the pedicure WAS for the feet!!! Pic 1 and Pic 2 were both of the fingernails!! Just a couple of different angles.

With fake nails I just can't pick my nose or scratch an itch properly :ohwell:

deemerma

I have that "unnatural" feeling when I first get a new set of nails on, but if you tell them you don't want them thick, you want them "natural" with a "sport length" and sharp edges with a "squared" shape, they should feel more natural within a week. I've been getting Gel Nails for months now and I LOVE them, this past time was my last fill and then I'm getting them removed. Can't have any "luxuries" as a stay at home mommy, in this economy, I'd rather eat and have money for the hubby to get gas to get to work! Good luck repairing what you're left with.

M

Mousebaby

I have that "unnatural" feeling when I first get a new set of nails on, but if you tell them you don't want them thick, you want them "natural" with a "sport length" and sharp edges with a "squared" shape, they should feel more natural within a week. I've been getting Gel Nails for months now and I LOVE them, this past time was my last fill and then I'm getting them removed. Can't have any "luxuries" as a stay at home mommy, in this economy, I'd rather eat and have money for the hubby to get gas to get to work! Good luck repairing what you're left with.

:yeahthat: I absolutely love my nails. Before I got the gel nails my nails would break if I looked at them funny. Now I have a beautiful set of nails all the time and go for my fills when I need them. Sometimes, because my nails grow so fast, I have to go after one week to get a fill.

Can you tell us where you got them done? I can tell you whether or not if it was a good shop, because have been to several, until I found this one that I like.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Id give anything for the oriental sweat shop nail service. Around here all they have is these fancy smancy nail salons. $40.00 for a pedicure, not on my budget. It sucks.

Lilypad

I just don't get what the fascination is w/fake nails??:bigwhoop:
Now French tips for toenails?? :jameo:
I've seen what fingernails look like after the acrylics are removed, no wonder gals keep them-yuck!

M

Mousebaby

Id give anything for the oriental sweat shop nail service. Around here all they have is these fancy smancy nail salons. $40.00 for a pedicure, not on my budget. It sucks.

Kim Nails 2 in San Soucci, pedicure is 20.00! They do a really good job too!

M

Mousebaby

I just don't get what the fascination is w/fake nails??:bigwhoop:
Now French tips for toenails?? :jameo:
I've seen what fingernails look like after the acrylics are removed, no wonder gals keep them-yuck!

Actually the nails are not fake. Mine are my real nails I just have a gel coat over them to keep them from breaking. I also get the sport cut and shape so I can do housework and type and not have any problems. I still stand by what I say, I LOVE my nails and would not trade them for the world! On top of that, I get to get away from it all and just get pampered every couple of weeks. It's really nice! :smile:

Lilypad

Actually the nails are not fake. Mine are my real nails I just have a gel coat over them to keep them from breaking. I also get the sport cut and shape so I can do housework and type and not have any problems. I still stand by what I say, I LOVE my nails and would not trade them for the world! On top of that, I get to get away from it all and just get pampered every couple of weeks. It's really nice! :smile:

Now I am confused-your saying Gel coat is not acrylic? You don't have to have your natural nail filed?:confused: Can you remove the gel coat whenever you want? How do you remove it?
Inquirying minds want to know, TIA.

M

Mousebaby

Now I am confused-your saying Gel coat is not acrylic? You don't have to have your natural nail filed?:confused: Can you remove the gel coat whenever you want? How do you remove it?
Inquirying minds want to know, TIA.

You have to have it professionally removed but it is just a coating that protecting your nails. It's super hard. After I get them painted I also get a gel top coat to protect the color so it doesn't chip during the 2 weeks. I had posted a pic of my nails in another thread, but I will show you again. My natural nail is underneath the gel and yes they cut and file them every time I have to go get a fill. Your nails continue to grow underneath the gel which is why you have to get the fill to cover the new nail growth.

This is my nails with white paint on the ends and a gel top coat to protect the polish.

My_Nails.jpg

This is my nails with a color and get top coat to protect the polish.

Red_nails.jpg