Don't fly AirTran

In your head
Kizzy said:
Marianne,

This is one of those situations that you wish you could lay in the middle of the airport and thrash around, throwing a temper tantrum for everyone to see.

I’m sure this airline will go down the shitter in due time.
She could have run out onto the airfield, hiked up her skirt and urinated on the airplanes tire.

marianne

vraiblonde said:
You are such a guy :rolleyes:

No, Oz is right. This happened in part because my DH is such a guy and doesn't like to listen to his wife. When we were checking in, I told him not to check the garment bag containing his suit & my dress for fear of lost luggage. He didn't listen to me and said it would be fine. Morale of THAT story - listen to your wife, even if she is a nag.

I've had my luggage lost far too many times. The worst was when I went to Mexico and bought a couple bottles of tequila. I couldn't carry on both the tequila and my luggage and so I checked the luggage (priorities are priorities). Turned out my car & house keys were in the luggage and they put that bag on a different flight. I ended up sleeping on a bench with a couple bottles tequila for a pillow that night. But I learned my lesson on that flight and my DH learned his lesson on the AirTran flight that never was.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
marianne said:
I've had my luggage lost far too many times. The worst was when I went to Mexico and bought a couple bottles of tequila. I couldn't carry on both the tequila and my luggage and so I checked the luggage (priorities are priorities). Turned out my car & house keys were in the luggage and they put that bag on a different flight. I ended up sleeping on a bench with a couple bottles tequila for a pillow that night. But I learned my lesson on that flight and my DH learned his lesson on the AirTran flight that never was.
Sort of unrelated, but we just got back from being on a cruise, and everyone and their mother in the New Orleans airport had those little cardboard liquor boxes (duty free baby :banana:). One family had (I think) 2 boxes that each hold four bottles. One of the boxes was dropped and liquor spilled out all over the floor...:roflmao:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
vraiblonde said:
You are such a guy :rolleyes:

I've managed a 3 day business trip with no checked bags, 1 carryon briefcase with my laptop & 2 days worth of clothes. Since I AM a guy, that means the clothes on my back plus 2 shirts/pants/socks/underwear. Had to iron it when I got there, but so what! At least I didn't look like a tourist! :cool:

ACESRT04

THE OTHER
I've had similar problems with other airlines so Air Tran is not the only one. I have never had that problem with Air Tran myself but their prices have gone up the past year and I have moved to Independance Air myself. I have only had one problem with them and it was definately due to weather. The nice thing was about every 10 minutes we got an update and they quickly got us bordered and on our way. I would still contact the corporate office to at least get a free ticket for another trip.