Don't overlook these hidden gem cities with a high quality of life

BernieP

Resident PIA
Hmmm.

If you "think" you are "uneducated, backwards idiots" or "ignorant hillbilly's", I"m not making you feel that way. :killingme

I simply provided you a list of attributes pertaining to how these cities are possibly ranked.
Greetings:

They give away their projection every single time. LOL
You two should go on a date. Might be your only chance to see someone even more ignorant than you.

Your perceived need to feel superior is not even entertaining unless you like watching a train wreck.
You come across as bright as Joe Biden, do you like to touch little girls too?

steppinthrax

You two should go on a date. Might be your only chance to see someone even more ignorant than you.

Your perceived need to feel superior is not even entertaining unless you like watching a train wreck.
You come across as bright as Joe Biden, do you like to touch little girls too?

I was waiting for you to respond considering you were the OP that originally thinks 500K is so unbelievable for a house price in this area....

Again with pedestrian personal attacks.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I see Largo has all those things.

Idiot.
That was my primary source of humor, you couldn't pay me 289,995 to live in Largo.

We could get nasty here and remind them that the high crime areas in St. Mary's and Calvert are primarily the refuse from PG and Baltimore being dumped here by their family.
Most of the local crime is of the misdemeanor variety. I would say a good portion of the local crime is from people with mental health issues, drug and alcohol abuse. Addicts by any other name behave the same way. The lie and steal to feed their addiction. Whether it's drugs or alcohol. The first people they rip off are their family, those closest to them.
Make no mistake, there are gang members in the county, the Sheriff and MSP won't deny it. But they weren't born and raised here. They are typically shipped here by well meaning guardians who think they can get them away from "bad people". Only the bad people tend to find them, or they want to be found.
I think most people feel safe going out at night, there are probably a few places people won't go.
Personally I don't think the park is all that unsafe for normal people, most of the time.
There are some sketchy areas that one would be wise to avoid as drug dealers apparently work from those locations.
Where drug dealers are, trouble follows - no honor among thieves.

steppinthrax

That was my primary source of humor, you couldn't pay me 289,995 to live in Largo.

We could get nasty here and remind them that the high crime areas in St. Mary's and Calvert are primarily the refuse from PG and Baltimore being dumped here by their family.
Most of the local crime is of the misdemeanor variety. I would say a good portion of the local crime is from people with mental health issues, drug and alcohol abuse. Addicts by any other name behave the same way. The lie and steal to feed their addiction. Whether it's drugs or alcohol. The first people they rip off are their family, those closest to them.
Make no mistake, there are gang members in the county, the Sheriff and MSP won't deny it. But they weren't born and raised here. They are typically shipped here by well meaning guardians who think they can get them away from "bad people". Only the bad people tend to find them, or they want to be found.
I think most people feel safe going out at night, there are probably a few places people won't go.
Personally I don't think the park is all that unsafe for normal people, most of the time.
There are some sketchy areas that one would be wise to avoid as drug dealers apparently work from those locations.
Where drug dealers are, trouble follows - no honor among thieves.

I agree that Largo is the odd bunch in the group. However, it's proximity to DC (21 miles off your commute) and access to Largo town center metro makes it competitive. It's geographically right up against 495 with direct access to 495 via White House Road or 214 (along Harry S Truman Dr). I did a quick check via Redfin and while the houses that are available are "small" (https://www.redfin.com/city/24173/MD/Largo ). The one's sold within the past 3 months (3500 - 4000 sq ft) are certainly cheaper than Calvert. Those that don't have kids or young couples with OPEN MINDS will find this area attractive.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Most of the people that work in those areas don't have a 2 hour commute. As a matter of fact they have less of a commute than those living the SoMD. Most of the high paying 100K+ jobs are going to be in DC, those that live in let's say Bethesda is going to be within close proximity to the metro system. I'm going to assume (considering how other's responded on their views on city areas), that you've never taken the metro on the daily. While it's not perfect, it's generally reliable, faster and immune to weather than driving to work.
And you know these things you mention, as fact? Maybe you haven't even been in morning traffic with those coming down from Frederick, or the towns in between, going to the Washington area on 270 that highly contributes to the local traffic jamming? Jammed up for miles and miles.
I'm sure that making $100K helps to sooth the ouch from the $20 one-way travel on that crowed metro ride as well.

Sure, ass/ume away. But you'd be incorrect. You must be a wanna be physic for your skills at it suck.

Spitfire

I agree that Largo is the odd bunch in the group. However, it's proximity to DC (21 miles off your commute) and access to Largo town center metro makes it competitive. It's geographically right up against 495 with direct access to 495 via White House Road or 214 (along Harry S Truman Dr). I did a quick check via Redfin and while the houses that are available are "small" (https://www.redfin.com/city/24173/MD/Largo ). The one's sold within the past 3 months (3500 - 4000 sq ft) are certainly cheaper than Calvert. Those that don't have kids or young couples with OPEN MINDS will find this area attractive.

Greetings:

I don’t think Largo is all that odd given the criteria for this list posted up-thread. I think the Kettering area which includes the Woodmore neighborhood is Largo-adjacent. It is a fairly wealthy area with a median household income north of $80k per annum if I’m not mistaken.

The reason for the derision posted here? It’s mostly non-white.