Donut Connection Lusby

NPC

He wil. By enforcing a mask mandate for 6-8 weeks , contact tracing and sufficient testing. Which is what every other first world country has done.

Baseless Hyperbole .. you have no idea what 6 -8 weeks of mandatory mask wearing will accomplish

Contact Tracing: When Game Night Turned Into A Nightmare

Just as they decided who would get to roll the dice to start the game, the doorbell rang.

Henry went to the door thinking “Who would call on us at this time of the evening?” He certainly was not expecting anyone.

As he opened the door, there stood a soldier in a crisp, clean fatigue uniform.

“Mr. Kron?” he asked.

“Yes,” replied Henry, “is something going on in the neighborhood?”

“No, sir,” he replied, “I am here to give you and your family a coronavirus test because we received a report that you have unknowingly been exposed to someone who actually had the virus.”

“What? Who was that?” Henry asked.

“I’m not at liberty to say, sir,” he replied, “All of that kind of information is private and confidential.”

The soldier explained that testing was mandatory but there would be no cost to him. It would only take a couple of minutes to take samples from everyone in the household.

Reluctantly, Henry consented. What else could he do?

After signing the HIPAA agreement and liability waiver, the soldier took a quick cheek swab of all four of them.

“I will take these kits to the lab for processing tonight,” he said, “and I will personally get back to you in the morning with the results.”

“Oh, and Mr. Kron, until you hear from me, please remain at home, just in case.”

After this intrusion, game night was overshadowed by the fear of “what if”. Nobody really felt like laughing and Henry and Helen had a restless night after the girls went to bed.

Just after breakfast the next morning, the phone rang.

“This is Henry Kron speaking,” he answered as he picked it up with a twinge of dread in his stomach.

“Mr. Kron, I’m sorry to report that your wife Helen tested positive for COVID-19 even though she has no symptoms yet,” the caller said, “so, your family will have to make some adjustments over the next two weeks.”

“What kind of adjustments?” Henry asked.

“Well, you will all have to ‘self-quarantine at home’ and avoid contact with anyone else,” the caller explained. “We can help you with any needs you might have, like groceries or pharmaceuticals.”

“You mean my daughters can’t go to school?”

“That’s correct, sir, they will have to stay home for the duration.”

“Do you mean I can’t go to work?”

“That’s also correct, sir, but only for two weeks. We will test all of you again at the end just to confirm that you are all in the clear.”

Henry was starting to feel a sense of panic. Could they really do this to him?

“Wait!” Henry exclaimed, “If I don’t go to work tomorrow, I will be fired from my new job, and if I get fired again, I will lose my house. In any case, I just read that your COVID-19 tests are returning a high percentage of false positives. You can’t do this to me!”

“I understand how you feel, sir, but our contact tracing guidelines are very clear and your cooperation is essential to help keep you and everyone else safe and well.”

Contact tracing: Now Norway suspends use of its app, citing privacy fears

The European country’s data protection agency has banned the collection of personal data through the app

While many countries are only just launching national contact-tracing apps now, Norway has taken a U-turn and put its two-month old Smittestopp app – translated as "infection stop" – on hold until further notice.

Reacting to privacy concerns, the Norwegian data inspectorate last week placed a temporary ban on the processing of personal data associated with the app. The country's institute of public health (FHI), which developed and manages the app, has therefore had to stop the collection of information in Smittestopp, and delete the personal data stored so far thanks to the tool.

The ban was received reluctantly by the FHI. The organization's director Camilla Stoltenberg said: "We do not agree with the Data Protection Agency's assessment, but now we have to delete all data and pause work as a result of the notification. With this, we weaken an important part of our preparedness for the increased spread of the infection."

Rommey

By enforcing a mask mandate for 6-8 weeks
OK, if this mandate came into effect, how many people would be excluded? Right now you have jurisdictions that allow certain people doing certain activities not have to quarantine because they have been deemed essential. How does the virus know to stay away from these exempt people?

Right now you have thousands of "protesters" being allowed to not follow government guidelines because they are practicing their First Amendment right. But somehow all of these people would all of a sudden comply simply because Biden mandated it? How would such a thing be enforced (I mean with all the calls to defund the police, including from Biden himself)?

Do you voluntarily wear a mask every time you are outside of you house?

BernieP

Resident PIA
The Federal Gov. does not have the authority

and progressives have filed doz's of baseless lawsuits

Neither do states and local governments.
HOWEVER, they will do it until challenged in court, which means you need lawyers, expensive lawyers to handle the case as it progresses from one court to another, appeal after appeal. Like the AG in NY taking out the NRA, it's a phony suit, but she has the deeper pockets and a progressive court system on her side.

If you notice locally, the enforcement is not focused on individuals, but on businesses. They are using the health department, which can fine and suspend or revoke licenses, to enforce the "mandate". That puts the business, the owner, the workers and their families in a bad position,

I posted a video (several) from a now former police officer, on how he and other officers were being pushed to act in a manner that was unconstitutional. He implored them to follow their oath, to uphold the constitution. That these infringements on peoples' civil rights were not what they signed up to do.

This crap that the governor has the power to act because he has a public health crisis is BS.
If that's the case then hold on to the rest of your rights, and property. Because when the push to declare "Racism:" a public health crisis is accepted, all bets are off.

PeoplesElbow

I think if an employee knowingly infected came to work I would fire them anyway.

I hate when people with the flu come to work, knocking out others for a few days. Half the people I work with were out with the flu once all because of one stubborn person.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I think if an employee knowingly infected came to work I would fire them anyway.

I hate when people with the flu come to work, knocking out others for a few days. Half the people I work with were out with the flu once all because of one stubborn person.
Just like parents who send their sick kids to school.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
How do you know they didn't apply?
Because crotchscratcher knows less than zero about running a business like that one, it is understandable why he is also sans clue about why PPP loans were worthless to so many different types of businesses. In fact, many actually received PPP loans and then returned the funds without using them once they realized that they were not going to actually be able to save their business with the terms and conditions attached to the money.