Doofy Husbands

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
What does that say for the women who marry these "men"??? :yahoo: :whistle: :whistle:
You missed the part about them being cool when they were bachelors. Apparently the wedding vows kill brain cells....I know from experience that the brain cells controlling things like doing laundry completely cease to exist.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
You missed the part about them being cool when they were bachelors. Apparently the wedding vows kill brain cells....I know from experience that the brain cells controlling things like doing laundry completely cease to exist.
I've often thought that. It HAS to be something in the vows. Many people have already done everything by the time they get married, so the only thing that's new is the vows. Maybe saying the vows sounds a lot like a jail cell door closing; Maybe like a judges hammer slamming down, maybe like...I think you get the idea...:razz:

SamSpade

I've often thought that. It HAS to be something in the vows. Many people have already done everything by the time they get married, so the only thing that's new is the vows. Maybe saying the vows sounds a lot like a jail cell door closing; Maybe like a judges hammer slamming down, maybe like...I think you get the idea...:razz:

Actually a woman I knew once had a long discussion about this with me.

Bear in mind, all of these are commercials, but they could also be outtakes from TV shows. As such, as a point of comedy, they don't represent what we experience, but what is acceptably funny on television.

Basically, the gist of her argument is that married men are the one thing you can still make fun of in TV shows and commercials. As a rule, especially on commercials, if someone is going to be routinely stupid and foolish, it's always going to be the man, or possibly the dog. Never the kids and never the wife or girlfriend. She also had data on how companies were approached by women's organizations disputing their advertising. You've probably noticed stuff like this - you'll see a funny commercial, and then the next time you see it, it's been re-made more politically correct.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Sam, it happens on the radio too. I get soo sick of hearing commercials making ANYONE sound stupid but lately it has always been the guys. In some situations, I can see it but not most of the ones they've come up with lately against guys; like car problems, car warranties, lawn equipment, tax problems, etc., are ridiculous! We all know that women could be in a video like this one very easily. :whistle:

Macluvr

Sam, it happens on the radio too. I get soo sick of hearing commercials making ANYONE sound stupid but lately it has always been the guys. In some situations, I can see it but not most of the ones they've come up with lately against guys; like car problems, car warranties, lawn equipment, tax problems, etc., are ridiculous! We all know that women could be in a video like this one very easily. :whistle:

I am the first to admit, hubby is not that dumb, but he does lack common sense. Most women have a lot of common sense and that is where a man comes up looking dumb in some situations. Yes, there are a lot of things out there that some women can't do. But a lot of women these days can handle their own. It all boils down to common sense and it is a proven fact that men do not have it most of the time. :shrug:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I am the first to admit, hubby is not that dumb, but he does lack common sense. Most women have a lot of common sense and that is where a man comes up looking dumb in some situations. Yes, there are a lot of things out there that some women can't do. But a lot of women these days can handle their own. It all boils down to common sense and it is a proven fact that men do not have it most of the time. :shrug:
Common sense would tell a woman that a relationship (guy) is bad for her and she should get out. If she has more common sense than a man, why doesn't she (in most cases)???
Sadly, common sense is missing in most people today. I think that you ladies expect men to know a lot about "women" things and, when they don't, you think they're dumb...Am I right?

Macluvr

Common sense would tell a woman that a relationship (guy) is bad for her and she should get out. If she has more common sense than a man, why doesn't she (in most cases)???
Sadly, common sense is missing in most people today. I think that you ladies expect men to know a lot about "women" things and, when they don't, you think they're dumb...Am I right?

Um, no. I am talking about things like getting stuff out of the fridge to make a sandwich and instead of getting things ready to put back after he makes his sandwich, he puts things back one at a time after he uses them. Why open the fridge so many times when once to put it all back makes sense. That is my example. It's just little things, like steadying the ladder before you get on it and climb to the top of the ladder and fall over because you didn't take the time to steady it. Stupid shiat like that. Men have no common sense most of the time.

SamSpade

It all boils down to common sense and it is a proven fact that men do not have it most of the time. :shrug:

Well then I'd like to see proof. I've certainly met plenty of women who couldn't find their ass with both hands.

Macluvr

Well then I'd like to see proof. I've certainly met plenty of women who couldn't find their ass with both hands.

Oh I have too, I not saying women aren't fallible, and I did look it up, I found where it said that all common sense disappears during an erection. But I can guarantee you that there are plenty of women that can come up with some stupid shiat their husbands and sons have pulled.

Pete

Repete
Um, no. I am talking about things like getting stuff out of the fridge to make a sandwich and instead of getting things ready to put back after he makes his sandwich, he puts things back one at a time after he uses them. Why open the fridge so many times when once to put it all back makes sense. That is my example. It's just little things, like steadying the ladder before you get on it and climb to the top of the ladder and fall over because you didn't take the time to steady it. Stupid shiat like that. Men have no common sense most of the time.

If the sandwich thing torques you off enough to use it as an example I bet you are a miserable nag who is never happy at anything.

Macluvr

If the sandwich thing torques you off enough to use it as an example I bet you are a miserable nag who is never happy at anything.

:lmao: No it was just something I thought up for the hell of it.

Here is one that drives me banana's with my husband. He leaves his phone on vibrate all the time. So when I call him he never answers the phone, and he misses a lot of calls. His excuse, I don't hear it, well NO SHIAT! I get so aggravated I swear that one day I will shove it somewhere where I know he will feel it go off. :lol:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
:lmao:
Here is one that drives me banana's with my husband. He leaves his phone on vibrate all the time. So when I call him he never answers the phone, and he misses a lot of calls. His excuse, I don't hear it, well NO SHIAT! I get so aggravated I swear that one day I will shove it somewhere where I know he will feel it go off. :lol:

I keep mine in my shirt pocket, next to my nipple. :shocking::cool:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Geez, I just thought it was a humorous video poking fun at commercials. Who knew it was a serious commentary on the male/female dynamic?

:lol:

PS, women are portrayed as airheads all the time on TV and in commercials.

SamSpade

Geez, I just thought it was a humorous video poking fun at commercials. Who knew it was a serious commentary on the male/female dynamic?

:lol:

PS, women are portrayed as airheads all the time on TV and in commercials.

Oh it's my fault, but it's something that typically irks me. I've even counted them up. TV shows are even more so.

But it actually is a consequence of political correctness.