Doomsday Preppers

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Did you steal the rack off my dead deer???

?? Da fuq? I never stole the rack off anyone's dead deer...is there a joke in here somewhere? I mean...I really appreciate a nice rack as much as the next guy, but...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
?? Da fuq? I never stole the rack off anyone's dead deer...is there a joke in here somewhere? I mean...I really appreciate a nice rack as much as the next guy, but...

Reminds me of an old Donner Party Joke about menu choices... Breast, Thigh, Ribs or Chuck.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Storytime!!!

Oct 2019, I heard a super loud bang, twice. Called dispatch (not 911) to find out what the heck was going on with shots fired so close to homes. Turns out a deer got hit by a car. Deputy fired twice to put it down (out on front my my neighbors house). So, me being me, ran to the store and got a Get Well Soon balloon and tied it to its leg. 20 minutes later a welding truck pulled up and sawed the rack off of it. They took off when they saw me walking towards them.

Poor deer had a truly suck-ass day.

:lmao:

black dog

Free America
Aw, don’t sell yourself short. In the SHYF event, we’ll take you in. Your organizational skills are impeccable, you are pretty tech handy, you could pull a plow, and in the event of a rampaging mob, you can do your last stand while I escape. I gots ya.
So one can be your friend as long as you can run faster then them....lol

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Storytime!!!

Oct 2019, I heard a super loud bang, twice. Called dispatch (not 911) to find out what the heck was going on with shots fired so close to homes. Turns out a deer got hit by a car. Deputy fired twice to put it down (out on front my my neighbors house). So, me being me, ran to the store and got a Get Well Soon balloon and tied it to its leg. 20 minutes later a welding truck pulled up and sawed the rack off of it. They took off when they saw me walking towards them.

Poor deer had a truly suck-ass day.

:lmao:

So..this is some of your work then..

lucky_bee

RBF expert
One guy started growing grape and making wine because he figured it was a good barter item when currency failed.
The one thing that really surprised me were the complaints of not having power, yet not one talked about alternative energy. No solar, no wind, no hydro....

We have distant family-by-marriage relatives that are Doomsday Preppers. They don't call themselves that of course, but their "dooms-day" is tied to some religious event where Jesus comes again and saves all the people with 3 years worth of cake mix in their cellar :crazy:

They too, also taught themselves to make wine. Most of it is shitty tho and I can't even cook with it when they send me bottles. I've also seen their set-up (they're quite proud, but not openly loud about their prepping). Their entire cellar is dedicated to an overstock of random dry goods like cake mixes, flour, canned foods, snack bars, etc. She goes thru and rotates expiring stuff but I was definitely given some long-past expired goods once. They don't seem to have much of a freezer stock like you'd imagine but then again, they also don't seem to have any alternative energy plans - I guess living off of bread, cake, and almonds will be enough :sshrug: The other half of their cellar was built into a bunker-type room: a one room with cots, kitchenette, and a small stock of toiletries and MREs - oh and an entire wall rack for their guns with enough ammunition for several years. they stay in there once a month to ensure everything is "up to code". They've cultivated themselves a lovely garden with plenty of fruits and veggies but haven't really gotten into canning besides making strawberry jam so a lot of it is given away or goes bad and she ends up buying plenty of produce at the store :banghead: you'd also think they'd be better at recycling and garbage removal - they live in the middle of nowhere with a few neighbors but buffered by plenty of acres - we always wondered why they don't burn their own garbage or start beomcing those people that find multiple uses for older items that we'd normally toss - like if you're gonna go as far as to build a bunker, why not fully commit and truly start living off the land :lol:

Idk. It's wild. Fascinating and crazy.