Downsizing...again

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Monello isn't having this problem because he's been living in the motorhome off and on for a bunch of years, but I'm having to decide what goes, what gets sold or gotten rid of, and what needs to go into storage.

Crunching the numbers, by the time I've paid for a storage unit for several years, I could replace most of the stuff that would go in there. BUT I have some sentimental items that I want to keep, plus my entertainment center is a perfect wall unit that I'll probably never find again for under $5000.

I recently did a major downsize when I moved from my house into an apartment, and it was completely painless. As much as I despise clutter and don't care to collect a lot of belongings, it's amazing how much crap I had actually accumulated. So now I'm taking it down even further, but with an eye toward years in the future when we settle into a permanent home somewhere. Honestly, I could live happily out of a suitcase in assorted hotels - I am a vagabond at heart - but I don't want to be too rash in getting rid of everything.

Agee

sentimental items & power tools aside, if you haven't used-it or worn-it in the last year, off to the thrift store or recycle bend...

oh and your pantry/spice rack, you know the drill.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Vrai -

We have lots of unused space above our garage. It'd be perfect for setting up a little apartment if you'd be interested in having a "home base" to return to periodically. Or it'd be great storage space if you just want to store it until you find out what you ultimately want to do with your stuff.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Vrai -

We have lots of unused space above our garage. It'd be perfect for setting up a little apartment if you'd be interested in having a "home base" to return to periodically. Or it'd be great storage space if you just want to store it until you find out what you ultimately want to do with your stuff.

That.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Vrai -

Funny you would mention that because I was thinking that my set up is perfect for someone who wanted a cute, comfortable furnished apartment to live in, even if only temporarily. Unfortunately Settler's Landing won't let me sublet - this would be a terrific deal for someone coming to work at Pax for an extended time but not permanently.

So maybe what happens is I set up an apartment over your garage; if one of Bob's adults wanted to move in or you had someone else who wanted to live in it that would be fine and it would be ready to go; then reclaim it when I'm ready to settle in somewhere or you need me to get it out of there. We'll have our home with us whenever we come back this way, so that's not an issue, but I do hate to get rid of all my things. It took a lot of trial and error to get things right. :lol:

Let me consider that...

Thank you for the offer!

Funny you would mention that because I was thinking that my set up is perfect for someone who wanted a cute, comfortable furnished apartment to live in, even if only temporarily. Unfortunately Settler's Landing won't let me sublet - this would be a terrific deal for someone coming to work at Pax for an extended time but not permanently.

So maybe what happens is I set up an apartment over your garage; if one of Bob's adults wanted to move in or you had someone else who wanted to live in it that would be fine and it would be ready to go; then reclaim it when I'm ready to settle in somewhere or you need me to get it out of there. We'll have our home with us whenever we come back this way, so that's not an issue, but I do hate to get rid of all my things. It took a lot of trial and error to get things right. :lol:

Let me consider that...

Thank you for the offer!
You forgot that part about where whenever you text her that you were coming back in town for a bit you'd be sure to come home to a multi-course gourmet dinner with homemade dessert.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You forgot that part about where whenever you text her that you were coming back in town for a bit you'd be sure to come home to a multi-course gourmet dinner with homemade dessert.

And leftovers in cute little takeout containers :lol:

:high5:

If you wanted a fabulous dessert, I'd be more than happy to make one for you. BUT you have to prepare the main meal; I can't measure up to your amazingly-high standards.
Well, if you'd just cook your beef a bit longer and incorporate more ketchup...:shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:high5:

If you wanted a fabulous dessert, I'd be more than happy to make one for you. BUT you have to prepare the main meal; I can't measure up to your amazingly-high standards.

I am happy to cook for you any time and thank you for the compliment, but that's crap about not measuring up. You're a much better cook than I am. :love: