Doyles Abbey Carpet

Sydney

Can anyone tell me what experiences they have had with Doyles Abbey Carpet? We are having our flooring re-done and would like a few recommendations. Thanks!

GopherM

Darwin was right
I've used Doyles and Clark's both a couple of times and always had great results. Flooring America...not so much. The cheapest bid is not always the best deal. The quality of the product may be the same from each vendor but the quality of the installer is worth paying extra for if it is within reason.

spinner

Can anyone tell me what experiences they have had with Doyles Abbey Carpet? We are having our flooring re-done and would like a few recommendations. Thanks!

I had a HORRIBLE experience with Doyles, I wouldn't recommend them at all.
It took over a year for them to finally fix their screw up, customer service sucked and if you could see their solution for the floor problem you wouldn't want them either.

I have used the place across Rt 5 from McKays, next to Lola Belle? They did a nice job on my kitchen and bath.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair

I don't know if they still have the same floor installers but when I had them put in my dinning room floor they were bragging that their floors at home were made up of many different floors from jobs that they had done. I didn't think any thing of that statement at that time until they were near the end of doing my job and said they were not going to have enough tile to finish my job. I got upset at them and said that I had ordered extra tile to have some leftovers for future use. This was expensive tile, almost $15 a square foot. I left the room to call the business to complain (before I had a cell phone) and when I came back a whole box of the wood tile had suddenly appeared and they finished leaving me with half a box of tiles left over. I told the owner what happened and he didn't believe me. I wish I had security cameras at the time, they would of shown them retrieving the box from the back of their van. The tile was delivered and stored in the foyer a few days before they came to install it, so how did that box of tile get in their van. It didn't walk itself. This was ten years ago. I always watch sub contractors now, just to be an informed consumer.

somdfunguy

not impressed

I've had them over 3 times and all 3 times were great. I was very happy with the install and the prices were better than Lowes for the same carpet, better pad, and more experienced installers.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I don't have any experience with Doyles but Edingers in Mechanicsville did a lot of work for me and did a great job at a very reasonable price. JMHO

BernieP

Resident PIA
I see you posted at least two threads asking for feedback.

A word of advice, a lot depends on the installers. I have a friend who in the business (flooring) and between the laws governing employment and the economy they all pretty much rely on "independent contractors" to perform the installation.
Honestly, I think it's hit or miss. While I would say support local businesses if they are using an independent installer you might be just as well off with Lowes or whatever that national chain is that advertises buy 1 room, get 2 for free