Dr. Cafferty Where are you?

hotcoffee

OK.... I admit it.

I don't feel well and I would like to ask a Doctor who knows what Chronic Lyme might have left me facing.

I have bloodwork and CT Scans... I need a consult.

:coffee:

Hank

my war
OK.... I admit it.

I don't feel well and I would like to ask a Doctor who knows what Chronic Lyme might have left me facing.

I have bloodwork and CT Scans... I need a consult.

Better keep looking. He's out of the biz.

mamatutu

mama to two
Well I'll leave this up just a little longer. Real Doctors are ever really out of the biz.

I think Hank (even though I don't like admitting it :lol:) may be right. My children used to go to Dr. Cafferty for years when he practiced with Dr. Nasr in CRE. He left the practice under questionable circumstances. He seemed to be thought of as somewhat of a maverick. He was practicing in St. Mary's last I knew(I think on Chancellors or somewhere there abouts) but we never went to him after he left. I know members on here that have Lymes have posted several threads. And, there was a thread or two about Cafferty. Maybe you could search that. I am sorry you aren't feeling well. Please keep me/us posted on how you are doing. Take care and God bless you.

Edit: Just want to clarify that we didn't stop going to him because of any problem we had with him. My children thought he was cool, and I liked him. I just don't like to travel over the bridge unless I absolutely have to. Also, my children were almost grown and outta here just before he left.

Last edited:

hotcoffee

I think Hank (even though I don't like admitting it :lol:) may be right. My children used to go to Dr. Cafferty for years when he practiced with Dr. Nasr in CRE. He left the practice under questionable circumstances. He seemed to be thought of as somewhat of a maverick. He was practicing in St. Mary's last I knew(I think on Chancellors or somewhere there abouts) but we never went to him after he left. I know members on here that have Lymes have posted several threads. And, there was a thread or two about Cafferty. Maybe you could search that. I am sorry you aren't feeling well. Please keep me/us posted on how you are doing. Take care and God bless you.

Edit: Just want to clarify that we didn't stop going to him because of any problem we had with him. My children thought he was cool, and I liked him. I just don't like to travel over the bridge unless I absolutely have to. Also, my children were almost grown and outta here just before he left.

I followed Dr. Cafferty to the Chancellor's Run. I was really vocal on the Cafferty threads.

I figured he could explain to me what's been going on with the cancer stuff.... and explain the affect of Lyme on Alzheimer.... I have a lot of questions.... If he could just hold one more Lyme Discussion group with a question and answer session afterward.... I know it would be a real benefit to the community.

Ticks and Tick Born diseases will be numerous this year. There's already been some public comment about the increased tick population after a snowy winter in this area. The CDC now recognizes Chronic Lyme Disease. A few years ago, some doctors had to agree to stop treating Chronic Lyme or risk the loss of their practices. That's fact.

Now.... a victim of Chronic Lyme and a Cancer Survivor.... I should be able to request a consult..... so I figured I'd give it a try.

mamatutu

mama to two
I followed Dr. Cafferty to the Chancellor's Run. I was really vocal on the Cafferty threads.

I figured he could explain to me what's been going on with the cancer stuff.... and explain the affect of Lyme on Alzheimer.... I have a lot of questions.... If he could just hold one more Lyme Discussion group with a question and answer session afterward.... I know it would be a real benefit to the community.

Ticks and Tick Born diseases will be numerous this year. There's already been some public comment about the increased tick population after a snowy winter in this area. The CDC now recognizes Chronic Lyme Disease. A few years ago, some doctors had to agree to stop treating Chronic Lyme or risk the loss of their practices. That's fact.

Now.... a victim of Chronic Lyme and a Cancer Survivor.... I should be able to request a consult..... so I figured I'd give it a try.

My bad. I should have remembered you were part of those threads. Sorry. I just Binged his name and this came up showing he is in Charlotte Hall. Never know what to believe on the internet. I don't see a phone number, but hope this helps. You will be in my prayers. :huggy:

http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-stephen-cafferty-x7nd6/patient-ratings#TopOfMain

hotcoffee

My bad. I should have remembered you were part of those threads. Sorry. I just Binged his name and this came up showing he is in Charlotte Hall. Never know what to believe on the internet. I don't see a phone number, but hope this helps. You will be in my prayers. :huggy:

http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-stephen-cafferty-x7nd6/patient-ratings#TopOfMain

Well I guess it's time to take the thread down.... If I can.... since it has responses I may not be able tooo..... but I can delete some of my stuff right?

mamatutu

mama to two
Well I guess it's time to take the thread down.... If I can.... since it has responses I may not be able tooo..... but I can delete some of my stuff right?

Why would you take it down? You are trying to find Dr. Cafferty. This forum is great for help, and finding out mysteries! I am sure others are looking for him, too. Leave it up. You may find your answer. But, if you want to take it down, you have 2 choices. PM vrai to do it, and I am sure she would, or become a premo for a week for $.95 and you will have the ability to delete the thread yourself. I will try to keep looking for info on him for you. :smile:

mamatutu

mama to two
I kept looking, but no direct phone number. From what I see, he is in Charlotte Hall like FF saw, as well, at the VA home. I think you should call there. You are your own best advocate as far as health care, and you have been through so much, so don't give up if you want to find him. I wish I could help you more.

Here is the last Bing search I tried:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=stephe...H&cvid=89750286644e4429aaaaac535d437a29&ghc=1

http://www.bing.com/search?q=29449+...=-1&sk=&cvid=cfd7f74aa9f14ca7a909b39c45852599

Last edited:

hotcoffee

I'm not real sure, but I think Calvert Memorial holds discussions on Lyme periodically.

I believe they do.... but in Calvert County the overwhelming majority of doctors will not diagnose Lyme, let alone Chronic Lyme.

After a year on Doxy and another year on IV anti-biotics... and a diagnosis of confirmed nerve damage.... I'd really like to know if the problems I'm having now are related.

Dr. Cafferty was outspoken about Lyme and the complications associated with it. Are there other doctors who could study my medical history and answer my questions? I don't think that part of medical history should be left out because it's expensive or inconvenient.

AND this is a heavy season for tick infections.

Last edited:

Roman

Dr Cafferty is doing just fine. He does work at the Veteran's Home, but do not call him there. He works only with the Veterans. Another Doctor to try is Dr Michelle Folsom. She's located in the Medical Office building next to Calvert Memorial Hospital, in with Doctor's Larsen, Brooks, and Nurse Practitioner Heather Montgomery. I worked with Dr Cafferty Hot Coffee, and he was well-versed with Lymes. Many people do miss him. Feel better, and I know you will really like Dr Folsom.

hotcoffee

Dr Cafferty is doing just fine. He does work at the Veteran's Home, but do not call him there. He works only with the Veterans. Another Doctor to try is Dr Michelle Folsom. She's located in the Medical Office building next to Calvert Memorial Hospital, in with Doctor's Larsen, Brooks, and Nurse Practitioner Heather Montgomery. I worked with Dr Cafferty Hot Coffee, and he was well-versed with Lymes. Many people do miss him. Feel better, and I know you will really like Dr Folsom.

Thanks. I'll call and find out if I can use Dr. Folsom as a second opinion. I use to see Dr. Larson before I went back to Cafferty.

Gripper

Hello hotcoffee! I too miss Dr Cafferty very much! He was treating me and two of my children and now I'm not sure where to turn. PLEASE let me know how it goes with Dr. Folsom.

Ive been doing some research on what we need to do to introduce new legislation in Maryland that would protect our Drs in regards to lyme. New York, Virginia, Vermont - they all have bills to do that and I think its time for Maryland as well. :)

hotcoffee

Hello hotcoffee! I too miss Dr Cafferty very much! He was treating me and two of my children and now I'm not sure where to turn. PLEASE let me know how it goes with Dr. Folsom.

Ive been doing some research on what we need to do to introduce new legislation in Maryland that would protect our Drs in regards to lyme. New York, Virginia, Vermont - they all have bills to do that and I think its time for Maryland as well. :)

I don't have the money yet to see another doctor. My insurance is good but .... well you know how it goes.

The good news is that the CDC now recognizes Chronic Lyme. That wasn't the case before. I'm just praying that my Lyme doesn't come out of remission.

MarieB

What do you mean about protecting the docs regarding Lyme?