Dr.Polko...give me my PAP Smear!! I beg you!

Geek

I tried to make an appointment for my annual yesterday....she has no openings until JUNE!! Called around to some others gyno's in the area..similarly booked or no new patients. Should I fake a discharge to get my foot in the door and then fess up?:whistle::killingme

What about getting your GP to run the PAP Smear?

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
I imagine that it's getting busy since Dr. Sbrocco is not seeing patients. Everyone else has to absorb his patients.

It's going on almost a year now that he will have been out. I don't know how long I can wait for him. He is the best doctor ever.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I called to see if I could get an appointment with Dr Davis and couldn't get in until the end of April. So I called my regular doc (in Waldorf) and was able to get in March 3.

I was trying to save an all day event by going to a doc down here since Dr Davis was highly recommended to me from someone I know but I can't wait until the end of April to get in.

T

toppick08

I called to see if I could get an appointment with Dr Davis and couldn't get in until the end of April. So I called my regular doc (in Waldorf) and was able to get in March 3.

I was trying to save an all day event by going to a doc down here since Dr Davis was highly recommended to me from someone I know but I can't wait until the end of April to get in.

I have a Lazy Boy.....:really:

:lol:

:huggy:

sweetprincess23

I go to Dr.Tilley's office. I pretty much hear everyone say good things about Dr.Tilley's office and Dr. Polko. I don't know anything about Polko or her office so I can't help with that. I see Carol DeHaven at Tilley's office, she's a midwife and delivered my son. She is the nicest and most helpful person ever. She doesn't deliver babies anymore so it isn't too hard to get an appt. with her, or maybe they just are good at getting me in idk. Last year I went for my pap and was there for over an hour because she was talking to me about health and any questions I had. She answers questions before you ask them, she is very tenative(sp) to her patients. If anything she will look into something just to be on the safe side. Also on a personal note about her, she goes to Africa twice a year and donates her time and medical experience to clinics. When Dr.Tilley got a new sono machine she baught the old one and shipped it to Africa for a clinic. I just think that shows what a caring person she is. I really like Carol at Dr.Tilley's office. His office is in the same building where Polko was on Mokely Street.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I go to Dr.Tilley's office. I pretty much hear everyone say good things about Dr.Tilley's office and Dr. Polko. I don't know anything about Polko or her office so I can't help with that. I see Carol DeHaven at Tilley's office, she's a midwife and delivered my son. She is the nicest and most helpful person ever. She doesn't deliver babies anymore so it isn't too hard to get an appt. with her, or maybe they just are good at getting me in idk. Last year I went for my pap and was there for over an hour because she was talking to me about health and any questions I had. She answers questions before you ask them, she is very tenative(sp) to her patients. If anything she will look into something just to be on the safe side. Also on a personal note about her, she goes to Africa twice a year and donates her time and medical experience to clinics. When Dr.Tilley got a new sono machine she baught the old one and shipped it to Africa for a clinic. I just think that shows what a caring person she is. I really like Carol at Dr.Tilley's office. His office is in the same building where Polko was on Mokely Street.

:yay:

I second that. Dr. Tilley and Carol DeHaven always take their time with me. I love their office staff and nurses too. I never felt "rushed" due to too many patients in the waiting room like I felt at other GYN/OB doctors and they rushed too quickly and left before I had a chance to ask questions.

Dr. Polko is not in same building with Dr. Tilley anymore. She and her office moved to a newer office building on the other side in the back of the hospital by the Hollywood/Leonardtown road. I've heard alot of good things about Dr. Polko.

All I can say is find the doctor you like the most and stick with him/her.

va_girl_in_somd

I was referred by a friend to Dr. Polko's practice for my first pregnancy (6 weeks today!) and was only able to get an appointment with Dr.Shonagon for my first prenatal. Is she that bad, as some forumites have said? Should I find someone else? I'm sort of confined with choices, since I'm on Maryland Medical Assistance.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
I was referred by a friend to Dr. Polko's practice for my first pregnancy (6 weeks today!) and was only able to get an appointment with Dr.Shonagon for my first prenatal. Is she that bad, as some forumites have said? Should I find someone else? I'm sort of confined with choices, since I'm on Maryland Medical Assistance.

Please go see her and give her a chance. Its a matter of what you like in a Dr. You wont always see her, you'll see them all... Good Luck!!!!

MDTerps

Back in the saddle

Dr. Shonekan is not that bad. The first time she check me when I was pregnant I wasn't too impressed. But after having her a few other times and her visiting me in the hospital gave me a new opinion of her. I have seen Shoenkan since having the baby and she was helpful then as well.

I've gone in with Polko and been rushed out. They both have ALLOT of people to see in a day and babys to deliver. Not everyday is going to be peaches and cream with them. Your not going to be able to have 30 minutes of time with them. This is going to happen with every doctor you go to.

lovinmaryland

I love love love Dr. Polko! She delivered my youngest son and was by far my favorite ObGyn EVER!!! I met the new Dr. once for a routine visit and thought she seemed very nice.

Please go see her and give her a chance. Its a matter of what you like in a Dr. You wont always see her, you'll see them all... Good Luck!!!!

:yeahthat: Besides, when you go to deliver, you might not get the one that you want. LOL I think that they are all great. When I went to deliver, I was expecting either Polko or S and ended up with Dr. Davis - who I had never met until that day. He was awesome though, I was happy, just learned even more that you can't plan anything and just go with the flow on your delivery day. :) Back on topic - The whole office is pretty good, if you want in earlier go with Ann, if you clash then next time you know better. I think that the first time I wasn't impressed - second I really liked her. They have good/bad days too.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I don't think June is too long to wait if you are not having any issues. I would say to ask them to give you a call if something opens sooner but they probably do not try to fill cancelations since they stay behind schedule. They may of also told you June to try to get you to call somewhere else. They stay busy and may not want new patients but are not going to come out and say it. Just browsing some ideas.

mindy

gah... IMO, Tilleys an idiot! Carol doesnt "deliver" (again..gah! theres almost no reason anyone should have to do ANYTHING during birth but the mama and the baby!!)

Anyway...
Naru is NOT a dr.
Not saying thats a bad thing at all, as a lot of times NP will be more compassionate and caring but...yall keep calling her a Dr.

D1VA

gah... IMO, Tilleys an idiot! Carol doesnt "deliver" (again..gah! theres almost no reason anyone should have to do ANYTHING during birth but the mama and the baby!!)

STAY AWAY FROM NEAL!!
Had a c-section and she screwed up bad!!

mindy

STAY AWAY FROM NEAL!!
Had a c-section and she screwed up bad!!

I didnt have one ( i knew enough people who she screwed up) but i know 7 people that have with her, and every single one had a csection. For idiotic reasons like not dilating 4cm in an hour. And she told my mom that her csection scar from me wasnt a surgery scar and that she hadnt had a one, she just didnt notice. WTF?

mamissa3

i had neal for one baby and she broke my water at 3 cm. I wasnt going fast enough. i would never use her again!