Drag Racing on ESPN2

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Top Fuel Dragsters: Spencer Massey wins with an elapsed time of 3.86 in the quarter mile!

Shiatt! I remember when 4.85 -5.0 was a hell of a time!

How are they getting those times - down THAT low??

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
I remember when Eddie Hill broke into the 4's with like a 4.99 and it was a huge deal. That run must have been insane to go into the 3's. I can't even imagine what that does to your body!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I remember when Eddie Hill broke into the 4's with like a 4.99 and it was a huge deal. That run must have been insane to go into the 3's. I can't even imagine what that does to your body!

I'm with you on that one! What the heck must that feel like? Jamming your azz against the seat behind you! 1,2,3 and 4 shifts, it's over! Hit the parachute handle, and hope it slows you down! :lmao:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
I'm with you on that one! What the heck must that feel like? Jamming your azz against the seat behind you! 1,2,3 and 4 shifts, it's over! Hit the parachute handle, and hope it slows you down! :lmao:

Ask Don Garlits who had to quit because the deceleration issues and his retina's started to detach. They don't make a tool or harness to keep that from happening so I expect it will become a physical limitation that will cause the NHRA to put the breaks on that kind of speed. Was that guy running the quarter or the new 1000 footer?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ask Don Garlits who had to quit because the deceleration issues and his retina's started to detach. They don't make a tool or harness to keep that from happening so I expect it will become a physical limitation that will cause the NHRA to put the breaks on that kind of speed. Was that guy running the quarter or the new 1000 footer?

Pretty sure it was a quarter-mile race. Geeez! I hadn't considered what those G-Forces might do to your retinas! It does make sense though! Serious acceleration, and an abrupt deceleration, if you want to make it to the next round! :lmao:

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Top Fuel Dragsters: Spencer Massey wins with an elapsed time of 3.86 in the quarter mile!

NHRA runs 1,000 feet for nitro categories.

That doesn't take away from the fact that Spencer Massey is a ####in' beast!

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill

NHRA hasn't run a quarter mile race in the TF and FC divisions since last June 2008 when Scott Kalitta was killed at Englishtown. They do 1,000 foot runs now. Doubt they will ever go back. :ohwell:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
NHRA hasn't run a quarter mile race in the TF and FC divisions since last June 2008 when Scott Kalitta was killed at Englishtown. They do 1,000 foot runs now. Doubt they will ever go back. :ohwell:
did you know I use to work with out there with NHRA? :jet: worked on a flopper

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Ooooohhhh...do tell...

I got another :eyebrow: text Saturday. :dead:

Work out there on Al Hofmann's car... dated the crew chief Jimbo for several years... went on the road FT for almost a year until Helen was too much to handle! It was a great experience..... loved all the guys out there John is a great buddy of mine! I sent LOTS of time in his pit when things were "crazy" at the "Hofmann camp"!! Was at the Gator Nats when we won and Al crashed at the finish!! WOW that was crazy!!!!!! He was pretty banged up but recovered and finished the year.

RIP Al...... Miss ya buddy!

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Work out there on Al Hofmann's car... dated the crew chief Jimbo for several years... went on the road FT for almost a year until Helen was too much to handle! It was a great experience..... loved all the guys out there John is a great buddy of mine! I sent LOTS of time in his pit when things were "crazy" at the "Hofmann camp"!! Was at the Gator Nats when we won and Al crashed at the finish!! WOW that was crazy!!!!!! He was pretty banged up but recovered and finished the year.

RIP Al...... Miss ya buddy!

That is an awesome story! :clap:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm

So, what are we talking about - a 320ft shorter run? Those elapsed times of 3.84 to 3.89 seconds are really fast!

It probably feels something like getting launched off of an aircraft carrier! :lmao: