Drag Racing on ESPN2

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
So, what are we talking about - a 320ft shorter run? Those elapsed times of 3.84 to 3.89 seconds are really fast!

It probably feels something like getting launched off of an aircraft carrier! :lmao:

If I'm not mistaken, Tony Schumacher got the fastest elapsed time in the 1/4 mile at around 4.41. I believe his top speed was 336 mph. This was before they switched to 1,000 feet.

I'm sure Dippy will prove me wrong though.

T

toppick08

Work out there on Al Hofmann's car... dated the crew chief Jimbo for several years... went on the road FT for almost a year until Helen was too much to handle! It was a great experience..... loved all the guys out there John is a great buddy of mine! I sent LOTS of time in his pit when things were "crazy" at the "Hofmann camp"!! Was at the Gator Nats when we won and Al crashed at the finish!! WOW that was crazy!!!!!! He was pretty banged up but recovered and finished the year.

RIP Al...... Miss ya buddy!

Met Al, down at the now defunct Cajun Nationals, years ago..nice man.....I agree, rip Al..............

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Met Al, down at the now defunct Cajun Nationals, years ago..nice man.....I agree, rip Al..............

it was a crazy time!!!!! But when you got to know him he was a great guy with a good heart! He really like to help people... thats what most dont know about him!

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
So, what are we talking about - a 320ft shorter run? Those elapsed times of 3.84 to 3.89 seconds are really fast!

It probably feels something like getting launched off of an aircraft carrier! :lmao:

I am sure that its a sick launch. Being a hot rodder for many years myself and I still enjoy the rush of banging through the gears and wrestling with the car to keep it going straight. Top Fuel and even funny car are amazing and I love it but it happens so fast that its over damn near before it starts! Prefer pro stockers and slower cars. My thrills come when cars stand up on on the bumper and drivers still manage runs in the 9's.