Drinking -vs- Texting?

Driving while impaired vs Texting

• Total voters

FerretRescue

bite me
But with drinking you can prove that with tests. Texting is something that unless the police officer sees it would seem to be hard to prove in court

awpitt

Main Streeter
But with drinking you can prove that with tests. Texting is something that unless the police officer sees it would seem to be hard to prove in court
Actually, that would be easy to prove in court. Just get the records from the person's wireless carrier. If they find txt activity at the time of the accident or when the pull-over was done, it would be pretty much a done deal.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Actually, that would be easy to prove in court. Just get the records from the person's wireless carrier. If they find txt activity at the time of the accident or when the pull-over was done, it would be pretty much a done deal.

I have to agree with Ferret. It's reasonable to subpeona the info in case of an accident, but roadside enforcement is not reasonable.

If a cop sees someone driving recklessly and thinks they are texting, they won't be able to pull them over, get their info, subpeona the wireless records, and determine if they were texting all while sitting on the side of the road.

They can write the ticket for whatever reckless driving occured to catch the officer's attention. Since the cops already have laws on the books that allow them to cite distracted drivers, how would more laws solve anything?

awpitt

Main Streeter
I have to agree with Ferret. It's reasonable to subpeona the info in case of an accident, but roadside enforcement is not reasonable.

If a cop sees someone driving recklessly and thinks they are texting, they won't be able to pull them over, get their info, subpeona the wireless records, and determine if they were texting all while sitting on the side of the road.

They can write the ticket for whatever reckless driving occured to catch the officer's attention. Since the cops already have laws on the books that allow them to cite distracted drivers, how would more laws solve anything?
I agree that it would be hard for regular enforcement. I was thinking along the lines of an accident.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
No. I don't drink.

But I also don't text, shave, read, brush my teeth, or daydream while I drive. What's your point?

No point.. You're a jackass on here so it's a reasonable assumption to think that you're a jackass behind the wheel.
I noticed you didn't include road rage in your list!

FerretRescue

bite me

ohhh yeah....duh...I never thought of that.

FerretRescue

bite me

good points

K

Kain99

I hate to admit it but I text while driving... And in no way am I saying that its right... Just that I am not afraid of saying that I am one of those dumb azzes that do it ... Maybe Dr phil can help me... :lmao:

Not to worry! I have your reservation at Man Camp! :lmao: