Driver Swerves Around Cat, Fatally Strikes Skateboarding Teen

D

dems4me

nomoney said:
:confused: is that why dems had to take drivers training?

Mine was a speeding ticket back in february... I was driving to fast to hit anything... :lol:

PJay

...or too fast to notice?

Anyhoo, I wouldn't jump to conclusions here in that this person chose to smash the teen instead of the cat. Stuff happens and happens fast.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
The article said the kid was partially in the roadway, so they weren't putting all the fault on the driver.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I almost ate the back of a car on Sunday, jackbutt stopped short for a squirrel.. We're in the middle of a State Park, no intersecting roads, no traffic, he slams on the brakes.. Good thing Silver is the fastest stopping color..

D

dems4me

I avoid hitting every living thing whether it be big butterfly, toad, frog, cat, whatever :shrug:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
dems4me said:
I avoid hitting every living thing whether it be big butterfly, toad, frog, cat, whatever :shrug:
Yeah, I understand, much better to kill a human then a rat..

PJay

dems4me said:

I hit a cat once, it appeared out of thin air. Horrible. Took me a long time to get over it.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
A friend swerved for an animal and we rolled 4 times through a field. I don't brake or swerve except for deer.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
But, I've only knocked out Jazz's mailbox 2 times, and the duck tape is holding up well.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I inadvertently hit a gorgeous red bird last week. It is still embedded in my grill. I didn't even realize that I had hit it until I noticed a stench in the garage from where I'd park my vehicle.

That poor beautiful bird. :bawl: But I am damn sure not going to ding up my truck in favor of saving a bird, regardless of how pretty it might be.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
DoWhat said:
But, I've only knocked out Jazz's mailbox 2 times, and the duck tape is holding up well.
:mad: It was THREE times, but I'm sure you don't remember the last one, Mr. Swivel Hips Diamond. :drunk:

Anyway, that duct tape makes QUITE the fashion statement, doesn't it? :yay:

D

dems4me

BadGirl said:
:nono: It's not nice to call people names.

It's funny, and I laughed, but it still isn't nice.

sorry, not in a good mood today :ohwell: I read the sarcastic response in the driving thread and then saw this one back to back where he was a little offensive towards me... but you are correct. Name calling is not nice. :smile:
I'll rephrase the reponse....

Dear It'sBob,

I'm sorry you felt the need to misconstrue my response. I never implied that I would hit a human being instead of an insect or animal. I try to preserve all forms of life. I will try to make my statements more simplier in the future. :huggy:

Dems