Dry itchy skin

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
what do you ladies use for "winter" skin.

I hate using lotions, and they don't seem to work for me. And I have like 500 things of soap and they aren't working either.

Anyone have any great ideas?

ShyGirl

Have you tried:

Lotion - Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy

Salve - Bag Balm (purchased from Southern States)

Aloe Vera Gel

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
ShyGirl said:
Have you tried:

Lotion - Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy

Salve - Bag Balm (purchased from Southern States)

Aloe Vera Gel
No, because I don't like using lotions. most of time it makes it worse.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
For winter skin I use Palmers oil, applied after shower/before drying off/while the bathroom is still steamy.

jrogers

mv_princess said:

I hate using lotions, and they don't seem to work for me. And I have like 500 things of soap and they aren't working either.

Deep Moisturizing Dry Skin Treatment

2 Tbl. real mayonnaise
1 tsp. baby oil

Combine both ingredients. Smooth onto face, neck, rough elbows and knees, or anywhere you need it. Leave on for 20 minutes.
Rinse thoroughly with tepid water.

I found this neat site with all kinds of home recipes.

http://www.divinerecipes.com/recipes.cfm/cid/13/bath-beauty-recipes

I still haven't finished reading through all of the ideas.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
mv_princess said:

Don't laugh. I scrub with something such as a sugar scrub. I then follow it up with a moisturizing soap. Then I apply baby oil. I then air dry. I follow up with a body lotion. Once a week, I douse my body with vasoline and wrap up in a robe, socks and cotton gloves.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
migtig said:
Don't laugh. I scrub with something such as a sugar scrub. I then follow it up with a moisturizing soap. Then I apply baby oil. I then air dry. I follow up with a body lotion. Once a week, I douse my body with vasoline and wrap up in a robe, socks and cotton gloves.

Ah, to have that much leisure time.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
migtig said:
:worthless

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
My mom uses that Oil of Olay in shower lotion that you rinse off and raves about it. My skin isn't that dry. She also uses some kind of Dove body wash for sensative skin. If a lotion is drying you out it's probably got too much perfume in it.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Exfoliate, use a soap with moisturizer, and you're probably going to have to use some lotion.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
pixiegirl said:
My mom uses that Oil of Olay in shower lotion that you rinse off and raves about it. My skin isn't that dry. She also uses some kind of Dove body wash for sensative skin. If a lotion is drying you out it's probably got too much perfume in it.
Maybe I will look for that. Most lotions make me feel like I need a shower again, and I stay well away from the scented ones.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
mv_princess said:
Maybe I will look for that. Most lotions make me feel like I need a shower again, and I stay well away from the scented ones.
Neutrogena has a very light, unscented lotion. It has a pump dispenser, is white, and I think is just called "Body Lotion". I use it after showering, I love love love it. Their body oil is nice too. :yay:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Nickel said:
Neutrogena has a very light, unscented lotion. It has a pump dispenser, is white, and I think is just called "Body Lotion". I use it after showering, I love love love it. Their body oil is nice too. :yay:
What's the difference between body lotion, and body oil? Is there something different you should do? Like does it need to be done right after the shower?

Pete

Repete
mv_princess said:
If you have any trouble with those hard to reach places...:yay:

smoothmarine187

migtig said:

vasoline.......:hot: