Dry Skin

puggymom

Does anyone have a recommendation good, moderately priced moisturizer for dry, sensitive skin.
I developed acne issues after pregnancy and I just went to the dermatologist. Well the ance issues have cleared up but now between the Rx and weather parts of my face look and feel dry and chapped. The dermotologist just recommended using a moiturizer with spf (which I always have been) but what i've been using irritates my skin worse.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
Does anyone have a recommendation good, moderately priced moisturizer for dry, sensitive skin.
I developed acne issues after pregnancy and I just went to the dermatologist. Well the ance issues have cleared up but now between the Rx and weather parts of my face look and feel dry and chapped. The dermotologist just recommended using a moiturizer with spf (which I always have been) but what i've been using irritates my skin worse.

I use aveeno with shea and cocoa butter for my dry skin. Works good.

Do I lose my man card for this?

Last edited:

MarieB

I use oil of Olay serum and moisturizer for my face. Cetaphil face wash might work for you too. I use the body bars. It works for eczema

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I second Cerave. Use a humidifier in your room at night and drink lots of water. You can also try Cortizone cream if you have any small patches of rough skin.

MMM_donuts

I'm also a big fan of Eucerin lotion and the Cetaphil face wash.

I liked Nivea lotion but my husband complained of the smell being too strong.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
philosopy hope in a jar spf. It seems a bit pricey (compared to drugstore brands, i guess) but a little bit goes a long way!

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Where do you get that? In the Winter, my skin is uncomfortably dry, and itchy at times.

I usually order it from qvc. its cheaper than getting it at sephora. I like a lot. it has a teeny bit of lactic acid or something similar in it that keeps the flakes at bay as well and the skin clear and hydrated.

Roman

I usually order it from qvc. its cheaper than getting it at sephora. I like a lot. it has a teeny bit of lactic acid or something similar in it that keeps the flakes at bay as well and the skin clear and hydrated.
Thank you! Is it just a facial cream, or all over body?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Thank you! Is it just a facial cream, or all over body?

facial. But philosphy has several different body creams and oils as well. Good quality stuff..and I have a tendency towards being allergic to stuff and none of it bothers me..the amazing grace smell they have is so pretty. so light and soapy.

MarieB

philosopy hope in a jar spf. It seems a bit pricey (compared to drugstore brands, i guess) but a little bit goes a long way!

Funny, because I used it a long time and it was great. It then started dring out my skin for some reason. I do like their gingerbread man line for winter for the body

I've also used dermalogica, and that was also great while it worked

puggymom

Thanks for all the suggestions. I decided to go with Cetaphin with sph for day and Eucerine night creamfor redness at night since I was able to pick those up at the Rite Aid by my house.
We'll see how ghey work.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Funny, because I used it a long time and it was great. It then started dring out my skin for some reason. I do like their gingerbread man line for winter for the body

I've also used dermalogica, and that was also great while it worked

I have to cycle between the regular hope in a jar and the thicker one made for dry skin..depending on the weather/whats going on what other products I use, etc

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Thanks for all the suggestions. I decided to go with Cetaphin with sph for day and Eucerine night creamfor redness at night since I was able to pick those up at the Rite Aid by my house.
We'll see how ghey work.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Seriously, I have very sensitive skin and both of those products did not work for me, causing itching and breakouts. I use Aveeno exclusively now. Their daily moisturizing lotion and body wash are great.