Dry Skin

Wenchy

Hot Flash
My skin got all crackly dry when I was in my early twenties. A fellow dorm mate suggested Crisco. It worked!

I am still a combo oily/dry and prone to breakouts at times.

Neutrogena basic moisturizer seems to take care of both.

If I get extra dry in a spot I now use a dab of olive oil since I no longer have Crisco.

I used Oil of Olay for so many years. I loved it but my skin stopped loving it. :(

doubtfull24

I have very sensitive skin which sucks because most products irritate my face making it burn or turn red. I have combination oily and dry skin and I have to exfoliate every few days and use a moisturizer or my skin gets flaky and itches like crazy. Anyway I love love love Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream) I received it in a birch box and have been using it ever since. It really does moisturize without leaving my skin feel oily and it hasn't caused any irritation or acne like other products have. The only other moisturizer I have been able to use is clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion.

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream) - 75 ml | Embryolisse | Brands | Birchbox

Dakota

~~~~~~~
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Seriously, I have very sensitive skin and both of those products did not work for me, causing itching and breakouts. I use Aveeno exclusively now. Their daily moisturizing lotion and body wash are great.

I have been using Aveeno up until this year. Recently I tried Barlean's Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil that I use topically on the skin. It has really helped my dryness a great deal.

inkah

Does anyone have a recommendation good, moderately priced moisturizer for dry, sensitive skin.
I developed acne issues after pregnancy and I just went to the dermatologist. Well the ance issues have cleared up but now between the Rx and weather parts of my face look and feel dry and chapped. The dermotologist just recommended using a moiturizer with spf (which I always have been) but what i've been using irritates my skin worse.

Fragrance free Lubriderm Skin Therapy - my skin hates everything but this

(and straight Vit E)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I keep a bottle of baby oil or coconut oil in my shower and slather it on while I'm still wet. Towel off, and skin stays comfortable all day.

On my face I use a homemade mixture of olive oil, glycerin, and castor oil.

Last edited:

sockgirl77

I need to buy me some coconut oil. I have seen alot of people on here recommend it and I have a few friends that use it. I'm having the worst winter season ever with my skin.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I use Arbonne FC5 for cleansing, exfoliating and moisturizing. My face has held up great this winter and I have no dry skin. Their products are natural and not scent overpowering.

emmamatthew

Yeah I agree coconut oil serves as the best moisturizer for dry skin. I have been using coconut oil since years and it works well for me.

Roman

I buy Vitamin E Cream, add Coconut Oil, Corn Huskers, and sometimes vaseline, and mix it up, and place in to Jars. My skin is extremely dry especially in the Winter. I add Aloe, and Sunscreen to it also. It has worked wonders especially for the face, and legs, which are my dryest areas. I also add a pinch of this mixture to my frizzy hair, and it doesn't make it look greasy. Don't forget to take Fish Oil Capsules, because it moisturizes hair, and skin from the inside out.! That is IF you aren't allergic to Fish (Iodine).

TGB

Does anyone have a recommendation good, moderately priced moisturizer for dry, sensitive skin.
I developed acne issues after pregnancy and I just went to the dermatologist. Well the ance issues have cleared up but now between the Rx and weather parts of my face look and feel dry and chapped. The dermotologist just recommended using a moiturizer with spf (which I always have been) but what i've been using irritates my skin worse.

The best think you can put on your skin is pure Shea butter from Nigeria. The beauty place next to Kmart sells it next to her register. My husband and I have horrible dry skin during winter and that is the only that has worked. Or you can get it from here
Pure Shea Butter for Hair & Skin - Free Shipping