• D's is ok but stay away from tackle box

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Tackle box is ok but stay away from D's

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Both places are overpriced and run by azzhats

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

wv4x4

Does the same person own both of these places? Both are a joke with ourageous prices and azzhats working there. Thank god for southern maryland firearms, atleast someone is not out too rape people.

wv4x4

Instead of giving me bad karma (which i care less about anyways) why dont you post in hear how you dont rape people. Southern maryland firearms beat both of these places by $80. The guy at D's was gonna charge me for a gun lock that is already installed on the gun and comes from the factory like that. Any gun that is at either of these places can be bought off the intraweb for $100+ less.

jenbengen

Watch it
wv4x4 said:
Does the same person own both of these places? Both are a joke with ourageous prices and azzhats working there. Thank god for southern maryland firearms, atleast someone is not out too rape people.

Hubby and I went there to get fishing licenses once and the guy there (Callaway) was soooooo rude. We weren't sure if it was an isolated incident, but it was enough for my husband to say he'd never give the guy a cent of his money again. He was well beyond rude. But again, I was hoping it was possible that he was having a bad day. :lmao:

mainman

Set Trippin
wv4x4 said:
Instead of giving me bad karma (which i care less about anyways) why dont you post in hear how you dont rape people. Southern maryland firearms beat both of these places by $80. The guy at D's was gonna charge me for a gun lock that is already installed on the gun and comes from the factory like that. Any gun that is at either of these places can be bought off the intraweb for $100+ less.
I have an idea, don't patronize the place...You are welcome...

wv4x4

jenbengen said:
Hubby and I went there to get fishing licenses once and the guy there (Callaway) was soooooo rude. We weren't sure if it was an isolated incident, but it was enough for my husband to say he'd never give the guy a cent of his money again. He was well beyond rude. But again, I was hoping it was possible that he was having a bad day. :lmao:

I went in there once and he was rude. I thought the same, maybe a bad day, so i gave em another chance when i called them on the phone and he was a azz again. I try to support smaller businesses but when people act like that forget it.

wv4x4

mainman said:
I have an idea, don't patronize the place...You are welcome...

I dont! Just trying to help ohters out by not waisting their time going into these places. Unless they feel like dealing with rudeazzes!

I'm glad to see im not the only one that has had problems with these places.

Last edited:

wv4x4

they do not rape people. you are a bastar*. I hope you can never find what you need again you selfish ugly fat a**hole.
Thanks for the karma comment. Judging by your comment you must work at one of these places! :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited:

jenbengen

Watch it
:lmao: Some of the kharma is great. How am I "whining" by stating somebody was rude? I didn't say I wanted an apology, in fact I gave him the benefit of doubt that MAYBE he was having a bad day. We just chose not to go back because it was such a bad experience. I didn't go there 3 times and whine about it. Obviously you don't know the difference.

Having a discussion about poor business practices doesn't make you a whiner. If I was whining, I would have posted about it months ago after it happened. Somebody brought it up and I explained my similar experience. Life ain't always sunshine and daisies- we ARE allowed to express a bad experience. Quit boo-hoo'ing.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've dealt with both. I've been in D's once and won't go back. The guy behind the counter was a bit rude. I was just in there to check the place out and buy boy a "special" panfish lure. I've made my own for over 25 years, so rarely buy ready made. With the prices they want, and limited pan-fishing tackle selection, I won't be back.

I don't particularly care for The Tackle Box, either. The young guys they hire always watch you like you're going to steal something. I did buy a Mosin-Nagant M-44 from them and will be back for an SKS before they re-ban them.

It would behoove them both to withhold their expert :sarcasm: advice, unless specically asked for, IMO.

dave1959

wv4x4 said:
Instead of giving me bad karma (which i care less about anyways) why dont you post in hear how you dont rape people. Southern maryland firearms beat both of these places by $80. The guy at D's was gonna charge me for a gun lock that is already installed on the gun and comes from the factory like that.
Any gun that is at either of these places can be bought off the intraweb for $100+ less.[/QUOTE

I have patronized Tackle Box several times and have never had any bad service. (That does'nt mean you did'nt.)

But not fair comparing e-comerce with brick and morter. There are a lot of differences.

wv4x4

You Dick. It costs money to run a small buisness. Not everyone can have prices as low as walmart. Shop there if you want low prices and don't expect the any service from the 16 year olds that work there!

Another comment from a worker at the tackle box I guess. Thanks for the comment!

It costs money to run any business and its even harder to run a business when you have very bad custmer service skills. Your better off hiring those 16 year olds at walmart that dont have any customer service than having a bunch of rude asses!

corollinout

i like the tackle box, its 5 minutes from my house, and i havent had bad service. they answered my questions and helped me as they should. dont know d's or southern maryland blicky either so i cant compare

jkr

I have been to both D's and Tackle Box and D's is by far better.I have never seen any of those guys be rude while I was there.As a matter of fact they have always been quite helpful and friendly.Prices are good too.I have never felt that I was being raped.If you dont like the service or prices go some place else.If someone hurt your feelings call your therapist.But cry about it online

wv4x4

jkr said:
I have been to both D's and Tackle Box and D's is by far better.I have never seen any of those guys be rude while I was there.As a matter of fact they have always been quite helpful and friendly.Prices are good too.I have never felt that I was being raped.If you dont like the service or prices go some place else.If someone hurt your feelings call your therapist.But cry about it online

It would have been easier for you to say "Hey, I work at D's and dont appreciate you telling the truth about my store!"

jkr

wv4x4 said:
It would have been easier for you to say "Hey, I work at D's and dont appreciate you telling the truth about my store!"

I dont work at D's or any other store for that matter. But I do go there if I need any hunting,shooting or fishing supplies.They have allways been polite to me.Or would it have been easier for me to say "Hey your probably just a Moron thats why people are rude to you!'

wv4x4

jkr said:
I dont work at D's or any other store for that matter. But I do go there if I need any hunting,shooting or fishing supplies.They have allways been polite to me.Or would it have been easier for me to say "Hey your probably just a Moron thats why people are rude to you!'

So the only reason you made a username and logged on to the forum was to defend D's? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT! :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Where is D's? A guy I work with wants me to give him directions so he can check them out, but he's gonna end up at Tom Bennett's anyway.

Bonehead

D's is in Callaway. Intersection of Rt 249 and Rt 5. In the small strip mall type place back in the left corner. I know the owner very well and I think he will be very interested in some of these comments. I am neutral either way.

wv4x4

kom526 said:
Where is D's? A guy I work with wants me to give him directions so he can check them out, but he's gonna end up at Tom Bennett's anyway.

Tell him not even to waste his time at Ds. Especially if its a gun he is looking for. The guys at D's will act like your bothering them if you ask to see anything. Go straight to Mr. Bennett.

Ds' is in callaway behind the A&W.

jkr

wv4x4 said:
So the only reason you made a username and logged on to the forum was to defend D's? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT! :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

No.It was to tell you that you are a Moron.