• Tackle box is ok but stay away from D's

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Both places are overpriced and run by azzhats

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
jkr said:
No.It was to tell you that you are a Moron.

Why because he had a bad experience there and he posted it?

Sounds like to me also you have some personal relationship with the buisness in question.

There are a bunch of other threads were people have posted about their experiences at local buisnesses, didn't see you showing up in those threads.

jkr

AK-74me said:
Why because he had a bad experience there and he posted it?

Sounds like to me also you have some personal relationship with the buisness in question.

There are a bunch of other threads were people have posted about their experiences at local buisnesses, didn't see you showing up in those threads.

No.The only relationship I have with the business in question is that is where I purchase any firearms etc. that I need. They have allways been good to me.
He has the right to his opinion.If he had a bad experience fine go some place elese.Dont recomend them to your friends,what ever.But to a smaller bussiness like D's,Tackle Box,etc.comments like saying they try to "rape you" and their "rudeazzes" and "azzhats"(what ever that is ) can be very damaging to their bussiness.I try to support all small business.I just prefer D's over the rest,Because of the good service that I have received.My opinion is some people are just a little too sensitive and no matter what you do they will still complain.

I just found thi site thats why you havent seen me show up any where else

Dukesdad

Damion is an old friend of mine and an opinionated azzhole. He is however a nice guy and knowlegable about what he sells. Sometime I buy from him, sometimes I don't. My choice.... I don't do business with the tackle box. Mr. Bennet is OK to deal with but doesn't have much stock. If you ae looking for a gun, go to a show and handle all you want then find a local dealer. I haven't found anyone here that stocks enough of anything so you can get the feel of what you want.

wv4x4

jkr said:
No.The only relationship I have with the business in question is that is where I purchase any firearms etc. that I need. They have allways been good to me.
He has the right to his opinion.If he had a bad experience fine go some place elese.Dont recomend them to your friends,what ever.But to a smaller bussiness like D's,Tackle Box,etc.comments like saying they try to "rape you" and their "rudeazzes" and "azzhats"(what ever that is ) can be very damaging to their bussiness.I try to support all small business.I just prefer D's over the rest,Because of the good service that I have received.My opinion is some people are just a little too sensitive and no matter what you do they will still complain.

I just found thi site thats why you havent seen me show up any where else

I like to support local businesses also but I also dont support someone that is going to be rude. I also recommended a small business that doesnt have someone being rude and acting like you are bothering them (Mr. Bennett).

My comments arent to slam small businesses but more to inform them about how people perceive their business. 6 other people besides me feel the same way. If I owned either the tackle box or D's I would take a look and say "Hey maybe their is something we could do different."

If your going to compete with the big box stores you have to do something different then them. I'd rather go to walmart and pay low prices with NO customer service, than go to D's and pay higher prices with rude customer service.

Mr. Bennet does have some guns in stock he just doesnt keep them out. If you ask him though he will get them out without acting like you are bothering him.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Dukesdad said:
Damion is an old friend of mine and an opinionated azzhole. He is however a nice guy and knowlegable about what he sells. Sometime I buy from him, sometimes I don't. My choice.... I don't do business with the tackle box. Mr. Bennet is OK to deal with but doesn't have much stock. If you ae looking for a gun, go to a show and handle all you want then find a local dealer. I haven't found anyone here that stocks enough of anything so you can get the feel of what you want.

That's because some A$$HOLES kept breaking into his shop, so he quit keeping much in stock...

I go to Tacklebox or something, figure out what I want, then go see Mr. Bennet :yay:

wv4x4

Bonehead said:
4X4 you really have a major bug up your azz don't you ?

:lmao: Dukesdad actually had something intelligent to say other than I work there or the guys my friend and thats the only reason I like the place.

If you like the place thats fine with me! If your only reason to register for the forum is to post a biased opinion why even do it?

You wanna see a bug in someones azz just go to D's and ask to see one of the guns.

Crow Bait

While I had hopes that this thread could turn out productive, It's pretty clear that we are getting nowhere. I like both establishments and both owners, the are both fair and reasonable people.

WV4X4, please remember you catch more bees with honey. Next time you want to make a big purchase trying walking into one of these stores with an open mind.

wv4x4

Crow Bait said:
While I had hopes that this thread could turn out productive, It's pretty clear that we are getting nowhere. I like both establishments and both owners, the are both fair and reasonable people.

WV4X4, please remember you catch more bees with honey. Next time you want to make a big purchase trying walking into one of these stores with an open mind.

Open mind as in what?

jkr

wv4x4 said:
Do you have a reason why or is it just becasue jkr told you to login and say that? :coffee:

You've figured me out. I've quit my day job so I can search out people to log on here and say that thay like D's as well. :shutup:

JohnnyReb

The Tackle Box is insane when it comes to prices. That alone is enough for me not to buy anything there. I fully understand that when I shop at a small business, the prices are not going to be the same as a larger one.

But, Tackle Box sells used Glocks 2 generation for over 400 bucks. That crazy, I can get a new one for not much more!

D's the guy does strike me as a jerk, but its by far better then Tackle Box. The prices are not bad at all either. I do most of my business with Mr. Bennett because I like the man. I don't mind spending more with him because I like who my money is going to! However even Mr. Bennet's prices are not that great. By that I mean his transfer fee for handguns. $100 over the price of the handgun for the transfer.

But, I don't mind paying it if it goes to Mr. Bennett.

We need a good, larger gun store around here.