Dubai tries to infilitrate again......

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
WTF?? Does Bush own stock in this company or what?? Bad Bush.... :buttkick:
President Bush is expected on Friday to announce his approval of a deal under which a Dubai-owned company would take control of nine plants in the United States that manufacture parts for American military vehicles and aircraft, say two administration officials familiar with the terms of the deal, the NEW YORK TIMES will report Friday. Excerpts:

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Bush_okays_Dubai_military_deal_0427.html

Steve

Enjoying life!
It seems the problem is not with Bush, but with Great Britian. This is another one of the Brits' companies that Dubai is going to buy out, just like the Ports deal.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I don't really see the problem. Dubai is a friendly country, we're not going to turn our backs on them and the revenue will be good for the economy.

Midnightrider

Bustem' Down said:
I don't really see the problem. Dubai is a friendly country, we're not going to turn our backs on them and the revenue will be good for the economy.
and their country has been trying to expand their horizons for the past decade or so b/c they are runnning out of oil and won't be one of the richest countrys in the world anymore. They ahd a great show on discovery about the islands they built to increase their shoreline and tourism.

So i think their motives are probably genuine, but any big venture like this, or the ports should be closely scrutinized

ylexot

Super Genius
Bustem' Down said:
:yeahthat:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My objections are the same...

...I am opposed to foreign government owned entities involved in our economy, especially in sensitive areas.