Dumb question for Skiiers

LordStanley

I know nothing
Coming from someone who has part of her rotator cuff permanently detached (not worth the surgery to fix it -- long story), I would go. The part that is going to suck is when you need to use your poles to push you across the flat areas (between trails, off the lift, through the lift lines, etc.). The downhill part will probably be the easiest for you, provided you don't take a major tumble. Just know that going in, if you do seriously fall and tear it worse, you may not have the option of waiting it out to get it taken care of when it's more convenient. But, if it was me, I would go. Actually I am going this winter.:yay:

Man you all are nuts... Hope your medical insurance is good

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I want to go skiing.... I was looking at lift tickets at Whisp but I'm thinking about going to PA, my stomping, er, skiing grounds. I love Blue Mt, Camelback , and Jack Frost/Big Boulder.

H

HouseCat

They get dull after a while. Duh.

:killingme
So?

Oh.. Lord Stanley explained it. Thank you. That's why the damn thread is titled "Dumb question!" We don't get any chances to go sking or ice skating in Texas, there deserrat, you rascal you. :razz:

I know you want to have fun but what did your Dr. say?????
Post skiing pain includes arms and shoulders. Think about when you fall, you're arms are going out in front of you. It's a bad idea.
I made a doctor's appointment, and it is AFTER the ski trip (February was the soonest they had). Good ol military hospital appointments... they make you wait so long, you forgot wtf you came in for.

H

HouseCat

Hey, anybody know where you can get ski pants other than Waldorf? I will go to Dicks if I have to, but I'd rather not if there is something down in Lex. Park.

I'd wear my gortex pants over some thermals, but well...camo gortex pants and a pink jacket? I think that might clash a little.. :confused: