Dumbest thing I've heard all day...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...and yes, it's early.

However, some dude associated with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is popping off that it is such a regrettable thing that Donna Summers is not in their Hall and he hopes that when next the Wise People of the Hall meet to anoint their next member, this is corrected.

This is like saying sugar belongs in the steak hall of fame. This is like saying Pepsi belongs in the alcohol hall of fame. It's like saying George Bush belongs on a list of great conservatives.

Summers is, was, to be sure, a great talent and performer and was a super star who made her own mark, who was absolutely a notable. Music Hall of Fame? Sure. Motown or Disco Hall? Absolutely. Pop hall of fame? Of course. That said, either my concept of rock and roll is terribly, terribly wrong or Donna Summers has absolutely NOTHING to do with rock and roll and some people are epically ####ed up in their view of not just the world but, of critically important concepts.

Now, having said that, there are some absolutely rock and roll acts that are NOT in the hall including one, Kiss, that is often accused of not being rock and roll enough for being too disco and pop at times.

Having said that, Madonna is in as is Debbie Harry and neither of them is rock and roll. Not even remotely. None of this is a bash on any of these acts. Not at all. It is more raising the question of 'if this is rock and roll, what isn't?' which means, if anything is rock and roll yet some things clearly rock and roll icons are not hall worthy, perhaps my real issue is the hall itself and the keepers of same. It's like TARP. If that's a good idea, what's not? It becomes a question of what 'good' means.

What the #### is wrong with you people??? :tap:

The easier thing to do would be to change the name of the place to the Music Hall of Fame. There are way too many acts in there that are not rock n roll and acts who should be in there that aren't.

Larry, you know who Eddie Trunk is? Host of That Metal Show on VH1 classics? He rails against the Hall all of the time because of some highly questionable choices.

Personally, I think the Hall is a joke.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I think Kiss could care less about getting in there anymore.

Others in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame- Gladys Night and the Pips, The Bee Gees, The Jackson 5, Parliament-Funkadelic, Earth, Wind and Fire, Bonnie Riatt, James Taylor, Brenda Lee, Prince, Run DMC, ABBA!

And Kiss was too disco because of Dynasty???? Ok maybe 2, Unmasked...

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
The dumbest thing I've heard ...

this week was we had a special session of the Maryland assembly raising taxes to cover budget short falls one day and the next the police are handing out cash to drivers who are wearing their seat belts.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
this week was we had a special session of the Maryland assembly raising taxes to cover budget short falls one day and the next the police are handing out cash to drivers who are wearing their seat belts.

Yeah, but, that wasn't TODAY. :lol:

I heard about that and I was like :banghead:

:lol: