GO GIANTS! :buddies:

Attachments

• 2008 Div Round Game 3.jpg
    2008 Div Round Game 3.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 55

Larry Gude

Strung Out

...1 pm start, as God intended!!!

So, can the Eagles keep up the pattern, beating the first round bye and home team???

It occurs to me that the NFL needs to reconsider the regular season. Teams like the Pats should not have been left out, yet teams like the Titans and the Panthers, the first round bye and home field simply doesn't matter very much.

What if we go to 4 division winners then FOUR wild cards? That means 16 teams total, no first round bye? I mean, the Giants had to play 20 games last year, the Pats only 19, so, if anything, it would be fair across the board AND help make sure deserving teams get in.

Thoughts?

Rael

Supper's Ready
...1 pm start, as God intended!!!

So, can the Eagles keep up the pattern, beating the first round bye and home team???

It occurs to me that the NFL needs to reconsider the regular season. Teams like the Pats should not have been left out, yet teams like the Titans and the Panthers, the first round bye and home field simply doesn't matter very much.

What if we go to 4 division winners then FOUR wild cards? That means 16 teams total, no first round bye? I mean, the Giants had to play 20 games last year, the Pats only 19, so, if anything, it would be fair across the board AND help make sure deserving teams get in.

Thoughts?

I've been thinking about this whole bye week thing. :smellwoodburning: I'm not sure there's any big mental advantage to a bye week, in fact I'm inclined to think there's probably even a little bit of a psychological disadvantage to the team with the bye. But there sure must be a physical advantage on having a healthy team.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I've been thinking about this whole bye week thing. :smellwoodburning: I'm not sure there's any big mental advantage to a bye week, in fact I'm inclined to think there's probably even a little bit of a psychological disadvantage to the team with the bye. But there sure must be a physical advantage on having a healthy team.

So, if you're healthy, but not ready to play or ready to play but not healthy?

That is the question. :buddies:

Rael

Supper's Ready
So, if you're healthy, but not ready to play or ready to play but not healthy?

That is the question. :buddies:
:lol: I wasn't thinking that they were mutually exclusive, just to some degree.

Take the Giants, I think the healthiness factor is a huge advantage because of their bye. The last three years (been hearing and reading this a lot lately) the Superbowl winner was a wildcard team. Could these teams' momentums have helped build their confidence by playing and winning each week over the team that sits out the bye? That's what I'm meaning about mental advantage and disadvantage. I could be wrong about this, just mostly speculating.

BuddyLee

Football addict
If I had a gun to my head I'd pick the Iggles to only lose to the Cards next week.

However, Giants win by at least 5.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I'd hate to call a game after only five plays but the Iggles don't stand a chance.

Giants imposing their will.

Last edited: