Eating the food I have before I buy more

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I think with times as uncertain as they are everyone should have canned and dry foods at home.
Ever since major foods were in very short supply back in early 2020, I've become a mini-prepper. Well stocked in staples.

And yes.... I have the stapler to go with the staples....

mitzi

I found something (doing my grocery cart for tomorrow) that I haven't been able to find since the first week of the lockdown (March 2020). That was the last time I bought it. Stouffer's Creme Chip Beef (SOS). I love that stuff once in awhile.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I found something (doing my grocery cart for tomorrow) that I haven't been able to find since the first week of the lockdown (March 2020). That was the last time I bought it. Stouffer's Creme Chip Beef (SOS). I love that stuff once in awhile.

My mom used to make it homemade when I was a kid. Since you like it I won't tell you what I think of it. :lol:

jrt_ms1995

Add some lemon grass and lime juice and you're pretty close to a Thai Tom Yum soup.
I do that and sometimes beat an egg and drizzle it in while boiling to make a fake eggdrop soup. I love ramen!
Don't bother with all these things! Just drain the ramen and then mix in a can of King Oscar sardines. A little freshly ground pepper on top and 'voila!', an excellent lunch that will also keep the spouse away!

PJay

With fried taters! Same with hamburger gravy, sausage gravy.. comfort food. It's the season. Ready.

PJay

Mom would tell us to eat it because it will stick to your ribs and keep you warm.

The only oatmeal I can eat these days are oatmeal cookies.

Same, and apple crisp stuff like that with oatmeal..but not a bowl of the stuff.. tummy gets really mad. Thankfully, I don't like it that way.