eBay issue...

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
this has been an enlightening thread. I have a number of items to sell and was planning on putting them on ebay but after reading this and realizing that people claim false damage etc, I'll just put them in the regular classifieds and haul them out in yard sales until their gone.

ebay = another place for nuts to hang out

thurley42

HY;FR
I wouldnt even do that. Sounds to me like she just wants to milk some $ from her. Tell her to bad so sad, you"ll get nothing and like it :howdy:

I disagree.....I use eBay alot and if I ever recieved something that was less than what was described I would be ticked...I think they are being extremely civil and willing to work with OP. If it were me I would have filed immediately after the 10% offer had been made.

I think you should just ask for it back, refund the money, and relist it correctly....I always look at the seller feedback and history and if there is one questionable thing on there. (other than the normal complainer who didn't get it fast enough) I won't buy from them...so you probably want to protect your rating...:buddies:

lovinmaryland

I disagree.....I use eBay alot and if I ever recieved something that was less than what was described I would be ticked...I think they are being extremely civil and willing to work with OP. If it were me I would have filed immediately after the 10% offer had been made.

I think you should just ask for it back, refund the money, and relist it correctly....I always look at the seller feedback and history and if there is one questionable thing on there. (other than the normal complainer who didn't get it fast enough) I won't buy from them...so you probably want to protect your rating...:buddies:

I just dont believe her. She originally wanted to keep the item even though it was damaged and wanted 50% of her $ back. Sounds like a scam to me. I am sorry I find it hard to believe that the damage is so bad that the original seller did not notice it when she purchased it.

I have never bought or sold off ebay, however one of my clients brought in some magnets that she was going to be selling on ebay sets of 5 starting at $5... She bought a craft kit from Michaels and painted them herself, they looked AWFUL!!!! Seriousy something a 6 year old would paint. All I could think was there were going to be some seriously pissed off people who bought those :lol:

Cowgirl

It was described correctly. There were cosmetic defects, which the description said. :shrug:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I've bought and sold items on eBay including both English and western saddles. I included tons of pictures especially highlighting any cosmetic issue.

Listing an item as used in good condition does not imply tears that have been repaired. I would be pissed as a buyer if I didn't know about that.

I've also never had a bad experience on eBay, positive on all sides, buyer and seller.

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
you should also inform her how to spell rips.

:killingme

If I purchased an item that did not specifically advertise a repair was made to it showing photos, I'd be pretty ticked. Since you did not inspect the item carefully and can not verify exactly it's condition and you used someone elses description you should refund her and ask for the item back so you can relist it with a more appropriate description.

Its not that I didn’t inspect the item carefully. I did look it over. I put it on my horse and messed with it for like 10 minutes trying to see if there was a way to make it fit. It was just way too big for my guy – he would have easily gotten tangled. So I relisted it. Yes I used the same pictures and description as the original listing but only because I didn’t see how the description differed from the actual sheet! I never noticed any holes, tears, patches, etc. I don’t want to call this “J” lady a liar but I honestly didn’t see a damn thing wrong with the sheet.

If the rips are repaired, then there are no rips, only patches. It's fully functional and she got a good deal. I would not give her a discount, I'd tell her to send it back and I'd refund the money.

That’s exactly how I feel. Even if there are “ripes” :lol: and/or tears like shes reporting, they must have been professionally repaired because I certainly didn’t notice them. And like you said, if the rips are repaired, then there are no rips, only patches. It's fully functional and she got a good deal.

I wouldnt even do that. Sounds to me like she just wants to milk some $ from her. Tell her to bad so sad, you"ll get nothing and like it :howdy:

If she hadn’t have gotten eBay involved I probably would have :lmao:

this has been an enlightening thread. I have a number of items to sell and was planning on putting them on ebay but after reading this and realizing that people claim false damage etc, I'll just put them in the regular classifieds and haul them out in yard sales until their gone.

ebay = another place for nuts to hang out

Don’t be scared off eBay. I’ve found more scams on CraigsList and such than on eBay. Ive had some really good sales through eBay as well as some good purchases. Worst thing that could happen: the buyer sends the item back to you and you issue a refund. Relist it and an honest buyer will pick it up :smile:

I just dont believe her. She originally wanted to keep the item even though it was damaged and wanted 50% of her $ back. Sounds like a scam to me. I am sorry I find it hard to believe that the damage is so bad that the original seller did not notice it when she purchased it.

Precisely. I hate assuming that people are lying, but sometimes that’s really what it boils down to. Im thinking that if there were tears/holes, they’ve been professionally repaired.

It was described correctly. There were cosmetic defects, which the description said. :shrug:

I agree!

Listing an item as used in good condition does not imply tears that have been repaired. I would be pissed as a buyer if I didn't know about that.

But heres the thing – I never noticed the supposed tear. If I had seen it, I would have posted it. Regardless IMHO if you buy something used, be prepared for something to be wrong with it.

cosmetic defects would be frays, scratches, not holes with patches on them...

I must disagree. A fray had just as much potential to decrease the sheets usability as a hole does. And in this case, the supposed hole/tear has been repaired. Therefore the only remaining issue is cosmetic damage. Which the seller was warned about.

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
I win!

Please issue the credit of $8.50 to my paypal account which is *******@aol.com.
- J

J,
I will gladly issue you the 25% refund totaling $8.50. I hope you enjoy the fly sheet and QH Congress. Happy trails and eBaying!
- L

I knew that bia would jump on a 25% refund :lmao: I swear… Deal with horses and their owners long enough and you get reeeaaaaaally good at bartering. Sometimes I wish horses and people werent a package deal. I understand horses. Humans on the other hand... :lol:

Thanks everyone for your input! :howdy:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I have a few other horsey items on eBay right now. All of which are brand new without any flaws except for the tail sets (cruppers) and tail nets. Check them out: morganshowhorse88 items - Get great deals on Sporting Goods items on eBay.com!

If anything interests you and you bid and win, just PM me thru SOMD or eBay. Ill refund you the shipping if you can meet me somewhere to pick the item(s) :biggrin:

Also if you know any Saddlebred, Walking Horse, etc. people please let them know about those cruppers/tail sets I have for sale. I wont ever use them so I need to get rid of them. If they dont sell on eBay (which they probably wont) Ill let them go real cheap to a private buyer! They're just taking up room in my basement right now...

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
You didn't win, you got over on a buyer that got tired of dealing with someone who was arguing a point to justify screwing you over; Noted....never buy from morganshowhorse88, deceitful seller :killingme

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
L,
However, this is not a new sheet, and I can buy a new sheet at Quarter Horse Congress. With no shipping and probablly on sale as there are always great deals to be had there.

That is your problem.. Most AQHA people are picky! And the Congress does have great deals..so she shoulda just went there first instead of going thru this mess

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
as long as there were no rips or tears.....:lmao:

Hehe I only buy from people with lots of ratings and a very good score. Feedback isn't there for nothing. I love reading my feedback it's like a love fest. I pay immediately and always sell items as described. ;)

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
That is your problem.. Most AQHA people are picky! And the Congress does have great deals..so she shoulda just went there first instead of going thru this mess

I am not AQHA but I am very picky about my horse's blankets, saddle pads and so on. :cds: Red doesn't fit into Weatherbeeta well, but Rambo fits him perfect.