eBay non payer

slaphappynmd

How long do you give a person to pay up? It has been 5 days and the buyer has not paid or even contacted me. I've sent out the invoice and a couple of e-mails.

Cowgirl

How long do you give a person to pay up? It has been 5 days and the buyer has not paid or even contacted me. I've sent out the invoice and a couple of e-mails.

I usually give them 7 days. I write something in the description like, "Buyer must pay for item within 7 days of auction end or item will be relisted."

Finofan

Here there and everywhere
If I have not heard from them at all in the 7 days I file a non paying bidder on them..I had to do that yesterday..

slaphappynmd

If I have not heard from them at all in the 7 days I file a non paying bidder on them..I had to do that yesterday..

Ok, thanks. I have never had to do it. Usually after a strongly worded message they pay up. But this buyer has done nothing. They live in GA...if it was somewhere in the Midwest I would understand, but I think GA is ok right now.

Have you ever called a person on the phone to find out what was going on?

Finofan

Here there and everywhere
Ok, thanks. I have never had to do it. Usually after a strongly worded message they pay up. But this buyer has done nothing. They live in GA...if it was somewhere in the Midwest I would understand, but I think GA is ok right now.

Have you ever called a person on the phone to find out what was going on?

I have never called for a buyer....but if I have bought an item and worried as I dont hear from a seller I have called..If you have the number feel free to call...let us know what happens..my new non payer was a 0 soon to be -1 :lmao: I had 3 non payers last month and 2 of them were on larger items (saddles) once I had a non payer on a $3500 saddle

slaphappynmd

I have never called for a buyer....but if I have bought an item and worried as I dont hear from a seller I have called..If you have the number feel free to call...let us know what happens..my new non payer was a 0 soon to be -1 :lmao: I had 3 non payers last month and 2 of them were on larger items (saddles) once I had a non payer on a $3500 saddle

yeah this is not a big item, just a $30 video game. The buyer has a 75 rating 100% positive, so I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt. Because I don't like sending or even worse recieving negative feedback.

I have called a person when I returned an item and did not get my refund. I eventually got my money back through the paypal system.

slaphappynmd

Surely you didn't send them the item?

No, I always wait for a payment to be cleared before even going to the post office.

Just recieved this e-mail from buyer about 10 minutes ago:

I am very sorry, I have been out of town, and did not check my messages...I did not order this,my 8 year old son did without my permission or knowledge...I will pay for this item on Tuesday, I will be putting my paycheck in on Monday, and it should be available by Tuesday...Again, I apologize, I have always paid for my items, and I will pay for this one also...

I would have an 8 year-old with a blistered tail if that was my kid...

Sounds kind of 'odd' an 8 year-old would be bidding on E-Bay :rolleyes: - sounds like someone is trying to save their rating.

But hey, if you are getting you money then it is all good :yay:

slaphappynmd

I would have an 8 year-old with a blistered tail if that was my kid...

Sounds kind of 'odd' an 8 year-old would be bidding on E-Bay :rolleyes: - sounds like someone is trying to save their rating.

But hey, if you are getting you money then it is all good :yay:

That was my reaction too...I get so many goofy stories from people. I don't care what the problem is or was, just get me my money.

ymn

You can file a non-paying bidder report with eBay after a week. eBay will send them a letter. If the bidder doesn't respond, eBay will give you a refund for the fee and you can relist your item.