Ebonics...not again!

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Man, it looks like my serious post killed the string of funny ones. Please, continue talkin bout yo peeps...

(I work in an environment where I hear it every day -- and rap, too. It grates me every time I hear it, but it's oddly amusing sometimes as well.)

hvp05

Qpid said:
Ignorance runs rampid in this thread :popcorn:
'sup, Q? That was quite a pithy (and misspelled) comment there. But why sit back munching on popcorn when you can contribute an actual substantive counterposition?

I'm sure everyone that submitted a post about "peeps", etc. did so in jest. But there is a core of truth within those statements as well; that kind of language is permeating and altering popular culture.

Some examples: the Ying Yang Twins, Lil Jon and Crime Mob. You can cut to the chase and read the lyrics of Crime Mob's #1 song, "Knuck if You Buck".

Those examples strongly exhibit that this language is tied to an overall cultural philosophy. If I accept what the elitist liberals dish out, I should just "accept" all of this. I can not apologize for not accepting -- in fact, proactively opposing -- a culture that is increasingly ill-educated, immoral and violent.

Consider the inverse. Take Janice Rogers Brown or any of the 50 "most powerful black executives" ranked by Fortune magazine. Richard Parsons, the CEO of AOL Time Warner, said, "I always knew I'd rise to the top; it never occurred to me I couldn't." Cathy Hughes, the Chairwoman and Founder of Radio One, "literally lived at the office, cooking on a hot plate and bathing in the restroom" along with her teenage son. I seriously doubt you will ever read about any of them getting "crunked" and hopping in their bling-bling mobile to pop a cap in somebody.

I recall one of the key arguments from a major supporter for the commencement of the ebonics program was that "cultural identity" is highly important to the students. The individuals I just mentioned grew up in average (or below) neighborhoods with no more advantage than anyone around them and they were able to succeed while maintaining their roots. They were instilled with a drive to excel and supported by loving families. You simply don't find that in the liberal culture that wishes to dilute achievement, reward idiocy and convince everyone they are "entitled" to own the world.

Ignorance is pretending that situation does not exist. What say you, Q?

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
Qpid said:
Hey defensive bigot I just want to know your reasons for thinking blacks are lowlifes.

Whenever anyone posts that a particular person is a low life, looter, scum bag you read the post as "black lowlife", "black scumbag" and "blacks looter". Why is that? Do your black friends know that behind the sanctimonious smile you front that you think they are helpless dimwits who are low lifes?

Pete

Repete
Qpid said:
Because ebonics is a psuedo BLACK dialect?

Hey defensive bigot I just want to know your reasons for thinking blacks are lowlifes.

Whenever anyone posts that a particular person is a low life, looter, scum bag you read the post as "black lowlife", "black scumbag" and "blacks looter". Why is that? Do your black friends know that behind the sanctimonious smile you front that you think they are helpless dimwits who are low lifes?

hvp05

Pete said:
Hey buddy, I've been waiting 44 days for her to respond to my post! Get in line! :lol:

I guess if neither the Michael Moore or al-Jazeera websites have any articles about it she has nothing to post.

Pete

Repete
hvp05 said:
Hey buddy, I've been waiting 44 days for her to respond to my post! Get in line! :lol:

I guess if neither the Michael Moore or al-Jazeera websites have any articles about it she has nothing to post.
I asked her about 20 times and will keep asking until she answers :lmao:

hvp05

Pete said:
I asked her about 20 times and will keep asking until she answers
I'll bet you could go to her house, hogtie her and yell your question at her with a bullhorn and she would still feign incognizance. Good luck, though. :yay:

Qpid

:lmao:

Tell Pete he will never get a reply until he [snip].

That will notify me that he has enough respect in his posts deserving of a reply to his questions. until then.... :lalala:

bwaaahaaaaahaaaawwwaaaa :lol:

ADMIN NOTE: OOPS, that lack of good judgement got you banned for 2 days.

hvp05

Hey Pete,
Qpid wants you to know that you're a homosexual. And she demands respect even though she has earned none. Although I don't know how she expects to be aware of your communication with her fingers in her ears and all that maniacal laughing. :shrug:

Just passing the message.

morganj614

Qpid said:
Tell Pete he will never get a reply until he releases his [snip].That will notify me that he has enough respect in his posts deserving of a reply to his questions. until then.... :lalala:
That was very uncalled for :nono:

ADMIN NOTE: That got you banned for 1-day because you were dumb enough to QUOTE it and make us waste our time dealing with it.

Pete

Repete
Qpid said:

Tell Pete he will never get a reply until he [snip].

That will notify me that he has enough respect in his posts deserving of a reply to his questions. until then.... :lalala:

ADMIN NOTE: OOPS, that lack of good judgement got you banned for 2 days.
I love it when a plan comes together.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA fool

Mikeinsmd

Pete said:
I love it when a plan comes together. BWAHAHAHAHAHA fool
I thought you had edited it's post until I read further... :killingme

Spirited debating is one thing..... blatant vulgarity is another. :yay:

BuddyLee

Football addict
morganj614 said:
That was very uncalled for :nono:

ADMIN NOTE: That got you banned for 1-day because you were dumb enough to QUOTE it and make us waste our time dealing with it.
What a gyp!