Editorial: Here’s some rare good news in 2019: The NRA is in disarray

glhs837

Power with Control
If the disarray resembles the UAW disarray while they root out corruption, I think thats good. Not close enough to the NRA to know that myself.

This_person

If the disarray resembles the UAW disarray while they root out corruption, I think thats good. Not close enough to the NRA to know that myself.
Any organization can have corruption, and it seems the larger the organization the larger the chance for and the actual corruption. Repairing corruption is always good. :cheers:

Chris0nllyn

I've always been surprised on how much power the left thinks the NRA has.

Sorta funny to say, "The NRA is failing" or "in disarray", yet continually argues that the NRA is buying politicians or wields this ungodly power over elected officials.

This_person

Sorta funny to say, "The NRA is failing" or "in disarray", yet continually argues that the NRA is buying politicians or wields this ungodly power over elected officials.
It fits, though. Trump is too stupid to tie his own shoes, meanwhile he's a mastermind at turning the country into white supremacy. Reagan was an addled fool who didn't know what day it was, while being a supervillain. W was literally compared to a monkey, but was able to pull off 9/11 without a trace of evidence.

@transporter, @Midnightrider, @Sapidus, etc., types are simply full of "orange man bad" syndrome and can't see their thoughts are paranoid delusion, not reality.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

What I find ironic, setting aside the NRA's troubles, is that an organization that works, pretty much solely, to preserve, protect and defend, and enforce the US Constitution, specifically the 2nd Amendment, guaranteeing all United States citizens, the natural rights one is born with, to protect themselves, their family, property, and against a tyrannical movement, is attacked from all sides. And yet, the ALCU, working to preserve, protect and defend, and enforce the US Constitution, specifically the 1st Amendment, the 4th, 5th, 6th, and pretty much every other Amendment, as well as the the whole of the written body of the US Constitution, completely ignoring the 2nd, never defend a person regarding the 2nd, never challenging a Federal, State, or Local firearm law, or the creation of one, always gets a pass. Maybe if the ACLU offered an annual membership to firearm owners, supporters, and patriotic American lovers and supporters of the US Constitution, they would start to take on 2nd Amendment cases as well? Now I know we are in some sort of a climate change cycle, syndrome, anomaly, departure, irregularity, aberration, or whatever science, guided by the hands of government at the moment is telling us, but, at some point, it's gonna get colder and things will freeze. (Referencing hell). Could the cycle effect the ALCU to change their ways too?

Chris0nllyn

If I may ...

What I find ironic, setting aside the NRA's troubles, is that an organization that works, pretty much solely, to preserve, protect and defend, and enforce the US Constitution, specifically the 2nd Amendment, guaranteeing all United States citizens, the natural rights one is born with, to protect themselves, their family, property, and against a tyrannical movement, is attacked from all sides. And yet, the ALCU, working to preserve, protect and defend, and enforce the US Constitution, specifically the 1st Amendment, the 4th, 5th, 6th, and pretty much every other Amendment, as well as the the whole of the written body of the US Constitution, completely ignoring the 2nd, never defend a person regarding the 2nd, never challenging a Federal, State, or Local firearm law, or the creation of one, always gets a pass. Maybe if the ACLU offered an annual membership to firearm owners, supporters, and patriotic American lovers and supporters of the US Constitution, they would start to take on 2nd Amendment cases as well? Now I know we are in some sort of a climate change cycle, syndrome, anomaly, departure, irregularity, aberration, or whatever science, guided by the hands of government at the moment is telling us, but, at some point, it's gonna get colder and things will freeze. (Referencing hell). Could the cycle effect the ALCU to change their ways too?

Just a FYI, the ACLU simply doesn't believe the 2A is an individual right. They think that the "militia" sentence means it's a collective right and thus don't focus on defending collective rights. This is, of course, despite the Heller decision confirming that the 2A is an individual right.

The ACLU publicly disagrees with SCOTUS there, but also state that individual states may impose restrictions that do, in fact, infringe on an individual's right to bear arms.

In striking down Washington D.C.'s handgun ban by a 5-4 vote, the Supreme Court's decision in D.C. v. Heller held for the first time that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to keep and bear arms, whether or not associated with a state militia. The ACLU disagrees with the Supreme Court's conclusion about the nature of the right protected by the Second Amendment. However, particular federal or state laws on licensing, registration, prohibition, or other regulation of the manufacture, shipment, sale, purchase or possession of guns may raise civil liberties questions.
https://www.aclu.org/other/second-amendment

Essentially, they believe that individuals do not have an unlimited right to possess any and all weapons and that legislatures can pass reasonable restrictions on that right. They seem to be willing to defend unreasonable restrictions. If one can define those, I guess.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Whether the NRA is a top notch organization or it gets run into the ground, either case, it doesn't affect me personally.

What I find amazing is the number of people in this country that want things to go poorly for a number of American institutions and I'm throwing our economy in there as well.

glhs837

Power with Control

Seems to be a thing with the left. They simply cannot fathom that anyone intelligent doenst agree with them since they are the "smart kids", so if you are not with them, you must be stupid. But at the same time, since the are the "Good Guys" and the Good Guys always win, anytime they lose must be attributable to misdoings by evil people. someone else noted this about Presdients. Every Republican President since Nixon has been painted as both an evil genius capable of conspiring to commit many evil deeds while at the same time being a drooling idiot.