Ehrlich's Helicopter

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
There's that steroetype again. I am a TRUE Republican - says so on my voter registration card. I used to be against abortion - now I wish more people would have them.

It is not a stereotype when a party has something that large and highly debateable on their ticket for a perdiod of time.

SmallTown

Football season!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A43653-2002Nov26.html

follow up to the story, with talks about past "help" being connected to the rides?

And the end talks about the money issue.. Since corporations can only give 4K per elecection cycle, not only is he going to record it, but also pay the difference to make sure the whole thing is not seen in a "bad light".

I know I have heard many republicans talk about this and saying the dems are just upset because they didn't win.. But, what does their failure to win have to do with other people not following the rules? I'm just glad he took care of it instead of trying to protest and justify what he had done.

Delilah903

Originally posted by SmallTown
like I said earlier, I don't make the rules.. But my interpretations of it these rules are more geared to protect the people, not the politicians. From what I understand, it is intended to make sure that politicians don't use their power over you.. Such as saying "Hey, why won't you give me a ride in the helo today?? You did last week! Do you not want me to vote for such and such.." So now you feel obligated, even though the politician is supposed to be working for you.

To me, I think the whole process is BS.. But I can see why it is there, if not there would be MAJOR abuses (even more than now!)

I think that any politician who can be bought for the price of a helicopter ride isn't worth owning!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Delilah903
I think that any politician who can be bought for the price of a helicopter ride isn't worth owning!!
:cheers: :roflmao: My, my, myyyyy....De-LI-lah!

Does it indicate corruption or future corruption? I hope not, but only time will tell.. I mean, 2 years ago seeing arab men at flight schools wasn't considerd a bad thing either.
OMG!!! So now you're equating a helicopter ride with the terrorist bombings! What a sketch! :roflmao:

SmallTown

Football season!
:cheers: :roflmao: My, my, myyyyy....De-LI-lah!

OMG!!! So now you're equating a helicopter ride with the terrorist bombings! What a sketch! :roflmao:

No, just that you sometimes never know about motives of actions until it is too late.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SmallTown
No, just that you sometimes never know about motives of actions until it is too late.
That's very true. I mean, first it's a helicopter ride then next thing you know someone's bombing the WTC. What if this helicopter lender is really a foreign spy, cloned from Hitler, and he's only toting Ehrlich around so he can hypnotize him into doing something diabolic? Could spell doom for us!

Delilah903

That's very true. I mean, first it's a helicopter ride then next thing you know someone's bombing the WTC. What if this helicopter lender is really a foreign spy, cloned from Hitler, and he's only toting Ehrlich around so he can hypnotize him into doing something diabolic? Could spell doom for us!

:clap: :clap: :crazy: :crazy: :dance: :dance:

SmallTown

Football season!

You are missing the point entirely. Interesting imagination though, have you thought about writing books?

Republican

Small
The Republican position on abortion is neither Pro-life or Pro-Choice. A lot of care was taken in the word selection of the Republican platform so that both sides of this issue could come under the umbrella of the Republican platform. I would like the Republican platform to be Pro-life, but even here in St. Mary's County it is not an important issue. This is validated by the election of Hoyer who has voted for of all things partical-birth abortion. Current leaders of the Republican party know that most of the voters are not ready for a Pro-life stance in politics.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Whirlwind Aviation is simply a "pass-thru" corporation to protect the broadcasting company from the liability of owning an aircraft. For all intents and purposes, it's Sinclair's helo, but legally, they are insulated from its liability. Which makes it highly likely that Erlich didn't even know about the legal arrangement when he took a ride on Dunc's chopper. I was on a corporate aircraft this spring, and it never struck me to ask my business associate what the legal structure of ownership was for the plane. I guess that's OK as long as I never hold public office.

demsformd

I do not care that Ehrlich did this. I started this thread because Mr. Ehrlich said alot about ethics in his campaign yet he does not follow the rules either, just as my Democratic friends. I cannot take his hypocrisy on this issue. Unethical behavior is an inherent quality of politicians.