Elam's

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
Elam carries western stuff, so if he doesn't have exactly what you want he should be able to order it :howdy:

i thought he did but i wasnt sure if he still did or not. Hopefulyl he'll have one up there so it won't be a wasted drive!

did you ever find a saddle?

Duckz

i thought he did but i wasnt sure if he still did or not. Hopefulyl he'll have one up there so it won't be a wasted drive!

did you ever find a saddle?

Yup, we got the Bates Caprilli with the medium-wide tree. Lincoln has the weirdest back ever, I have no clue how your saddle and this saddle both fit him :lmao: Did you ever sell yours?

BlissfulJumper

Yup, we got the Bates Caprilli with the medium-wide tree. Lincoln has the weirdest back ever, I have no clue how your saddle and this saddle both fit him :lmao: Did you ever sell yours?

that is really wierd. i guess it's just the two different brands make them two different ways. and no i still have that thing, it's still in the closet. do you know anybody who wants it? :)

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Riceville has some lovely leather ones, hand made for about 25.00. He also sells conchos to go with them. worth the trip.

BlissfulJumper

That is one of the WORST bits a person could buy and use on their horse

why?

He's been trained for AQHA HUS and it has him wound tight.I'm trying to teach him to stretch down and low to the ground and to just relax and that is one of the only bits he'll do it in.

BlissfulJumper

Here's an article about them.

That was a very informative article. I now see why some people don't like it. I'm not using it as an everyday training method, maybe once a week. My horse is very responsive to my leg, which means I don't turn him with my rein so the problem with the direct rein turning is really affecting me.

Thank you for all the information though. I was told to get a Tom thumb with a western headstall so that he can go down and long and I have plenty of rein. I will sstick to what my trainer told me but also inform her of the information you guys have provided. Thank you once again

BlissfulJumper

you said "with chains" as in the mouth piece, or the curb strap? I have an extra headstall you can have.

i meant curb strap. do you really think i could be that mean to bailey? you've lost your mind! Too late i already bought a one ear little training piece from Robin's

showqueen74

now i'm very concerned with your "orientation" after what happend at mac & cheese dinner and all those kissy smilys!

I pulled her punk card that's all. Don't call me out like that on something that was not on purpose. (refering to that night) I am not a member of BBFI!!!! :boxing:

Last edited:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Baily Mary Alice Goods old horse? Put him in a nice tight twisted wire snaffle and two hand him for awhile...ride on a loose rein and mostly with your leg..ask to drop by applying leg or spur to him...if he was trained AQHA WP or Hunter he is possibly spur broke...get off his mouth