Election 2024 Debate - JD vs Walz

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

How Do You Debate a Deranged Muppet?

The big debate is tonight between JD Vance and Tim Walz. Between someone who actually deployed to a war zone and Mr. Stolen Valor Fraudie Murphy who lied for years about having done it, then blamed his lies on bad grammar. Between a man who came from nothing and rose to wealth and political office and someone who bounces around like a Division III college mascot who got into the team’s medicine cabinet. What can JD Vance expect in his debate with a deranged Muppet?

Tim Walz is the kind of guy you leave a neighborhood BBQ when he shows up, because you know he’s going to get loud and embarrassing; the type of person who think noogies are still funny after the age of 12 and oddly touches other people’s kids while talking about “how big they’ve gotten.” He’s just kind of gross.

He is not anyone people choose to be around for long periods – an Irish Setter of a person who has families putting fragile valuables on the top shelf when he’s coming over to keep them from breaking. He’s every character Chris Farley played: funny to watch, as long as you don’t have to deal with him.

He’s hard to take seriously, let alone talk to.

But Vance has to take him seriously, and can do some serious damage to the Democratic ticket if he does it well enough, which I hope he will do.

Walz was chosen as a nod to the radical left. Kamala had to lie about every position she’s ever held (no, that’s not a Willie Brown joke) in order to stand a chance, so picking Fraudie Murphy was a wink and a nod to the left that she’s really on their team, even if she talks about things they despise like securing the border, Israel or just the country in a positive way.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Tim Walz Tells Americans: “I’ve Become Friends with School Shooters” WTH? …Father of Parkland Shooting Victim Weighs In

Tim Walz Calls Himself a ‘Knucklehead’ When Trying to Explain His Lies About China Trips

Well, Tim Walz nailed this part of the debate.

When asked about the inconsistencies and obvious lies about his travel to China, specifically his trip to Tiananmen Square, Walz called himself a knucklehead. Points for accuracy!

His answer was awkward and he seemed unready for it, which is astonishing. He had to know this was coming.

Watch these clips:

Tim Walz May Just Have Ended Harris Campaign With Admission and Bizarre 'School Shooter' Comment

There are bad debates. Then there are massacres. Then there's what happened to Tim Walz as he imploded all over the stage during his debate with JD Vance.

We've written about the problems Kamala Harris has had with speaking, but Walz was just an utter mess.

It started off badly, with Walz looking scared to death and like he didn't want to be there.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Snap Polls Are In: Here's Who Won the VP Debate

On Tuesday night, Sen. JD Vance (R-OH) clobbered Gov. Tim Walz (D-MN) in the vice presidential debate hosted by CBS News. Not long after, snap polls came in, with both CBS News and CNN showing that Vance bested Walz.

According to the CBS News poll, 42 percent of debate watchers said that Vance won, while 41 percent said so about Vance. Seventeen percent said it was a tie.

Shortly before midnight, CNN released the results of their own snap poll, which showed Vance leading 51-49 percent when it comes to who debate watchers thought won the debate.

In contrast, debate watchers said in 2020 that Vice President Kamala Harris beat then Vice President Mike Pence by 59-38 percent.

VP debate live updates: CBS hosts accused of being 'obnoxious' and 'biased' in Vance-Walz showdown

J.D. Vance and Tim Walz's first and only vice presidential debate in New York sparked fiery exchanges and interventions from the CBS moderators and Donald Trump.

Hosts Norah O'Donnell and Face the Nation host Margaret Brennan were accused of being biased after cutting Vance's mic when he hit back at a fact check on his claims on Haitian migrants in Springfield, Ohio.

Megyn Kelly led the fury by posting 'How Dare You! on X on a night where Vance have a strong performance and Walz had a stumbling start.
Both candidates had a lot to prove to American voters in their first time in the spotlight to trying to dispel the notion that they are not completely 'weird.'

Follow all the developments in our U.S. politics live blog:

'How dare you': Commentators sound off on CBS News debate host's fact-checking​

By Jon Michael Raasch, U.S. Political Reporter for DailyMail.com
Pundits and commentators online were not all pleased with the CBS News host's performance during the debate.
Norah O'Donnell and Margaret Brennan chose to selectively fact-check J.D. Vance and Tim Walz. They even had a fiery exchange with Vance when he tried to explain an immigration process in length and the hosts raised their voices at the Republican to get him to quiet down.
Eventually, Vance's mic was muted.
'F you CBS - how dare you,' conservative show host Megyn Kelly tweeted. 'Tried to fact check. JD put you in your place. You won't him fight you and you wont let them debate.'
'JD Vance called out the moderators for lying to the audience, and CBS immediately muted him. Legacy media is clearly controlled by the Democrats,' a user on X wrote.
Fox News's Bret Baier said: 'And there was some, you know, questions about fact-checking and whether it was fair and balanced across the way,' and his co-host Brit Hume later responded: 'The moderators were obnoxious and made it feel like three-on-one on Vance, and Vance was just fine.'

Ridiculous ‘fact check’ of a true statement during CBS debate

JD Vance was accurately describing the migrant crisis fueled by Kamala Harris and Joe Biden when CBS moderator Margaret Brennan decided to insert herself with a “fact check.”

“Just to clarify for our viewers, Springfield, Ohio does have a large number of Haitian migrants who have legal status,” she said smugly.

Vance was rightly annoyed by the interruption and said, “The rules were that you guys weren’t going to fact check, and since you’re fact checking me, I think it’s important to say what’s actually going on.”

He then proceeded to truthfully, forcefully explain what “legal status” means:

“So there’s an application called the CBP One app, where you can go on as an illegal migrant, apply for asylum or apply for parole, and be granted legal status at the wave of a Kamala Harris open border wand.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

JD Vance spars with moderators before both candidates’ mics are cut at VP debate

NEW YORK — CBS News cut off both candidates’ microphones during Tuesday’s vice presidential debate after Sen. JD Vance (R-Ohio) sparred with one of the moderators on immigration before Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz decided to chime in.

Vance, 40, spoke over both moderators to make a point about Haitian migrants in Springfield, Ohio, after he felt he was unfairly “fact-checked” by “Face the Nation” host Margaret Brennan.

“Look, in Springfield, Ohio, and in communities all across this country, you’ve got schools that are overwhelmed. You’ve got hospitals that are overwhelmed. You’ve got housing that is totally unaffordable because we brought in millions of illegal immigrants to compete with Americans,” the GOP vice presidential candidate said in response to a question about immigration.

“The people that I’m most worried about in Springfield, Ohio, are the American citizens who have had their lives destroyed by Kamala Harris’ open border,” he added.

In response to Vance’s answer, Brennan felt compelled to inform viewers that “Springfield, Ohio, does have a large number of Haitian migrants who have legal status or temporary protected status.”

Here We Go… CBS Hacks “Fact-Check” JD Vance — Then Won’t Let Him Speak — Then CUT HIS MIC …Update: Vance was Right!

Here we go…

The far-left CBS hacks moderating the debate on Tuesday took time to “fact-check” JD Vance on the 20,000 Haitian migrants that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris flew into Springfield, Ohio in the past three years.

Senator Vance then interrupted and corrected Margaret Brennan about the Biden plan to fly in illegals to American cities.

That’s when CBS cut his mic!

They wouldn’t let him speak!

Wow!

Update 2: And Tampon Tim was wrong about this policy starting in the 1990s!

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Democrats, Media Seethe As Republicans Cheer After Vance Dominates Vice Presidential Debate

Vance, as RedState previously reported, wiped the floor not just with Walz but also the CBS News debate moderators, who did what they weren't supposed to do at least twice in "fact-checking" Vance, only to have him refuse to be silenced by fact-checking them right back.

There is no question here who won the debate, with pollsters and even some in the media saying in so many words that Vance was the victor:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Nervous As Hell’: Bewildered Walz Emerges From Media Quarantine Only To Get Shelled By Vance

Vance and Walz faced off Monday on CBS News in what appears to be the last debate of the 2024 election cycle. Vance, who has done about seven times more media appearances than the Harris-Walz ticket combined, was noticeably confident next to Walz, who tripped through his defense of past lies.

“I think the lack of interviews he has done with local media, with national media, it shows. He needed more practice,” CNN’s Dana Bash said on the network’s post-debate show.

Walz’s nerves were on display from the moment he took the debate stage and stumbled through an answer on how his administration would support Israel in retaliation against Iran.

After Walz blamed Trump for the crisis in the Middle East, Vance pivoted to point out that the former president wasn’t the one in charge when the war broke out.

“I think that something Gov. Walz just said is quite extraordinary. You, yourself just said Iran is as close to a nuclear weapon today as they have ever been. And Gov. Walz blamed President Trump. Who has been the vice president for the last three-and-a-half years? And the answer is your running mate, not mine,” Vance said.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Who won the VP debate? J.D. Vance declared the winner over Tim Walz in Daily Mail poll

Donald Trump's running mate J.D. Vance can leave New York as the victor after his one and only debate with vice presidential rival Tim Walz, according to DailyMail.com's exclusive snap poll.

The CBS showdown just 35 days before the general election was a chance for the vice presidential picks to prove that they're qualified to be a heartbeat away from the presidency.

The candidates tangled over issues like abortion, immigration, gun violence and the Middle East. The two also took plenty of chances to present each other as extreme or 'weird'.

They also bigged up their bosses, Trump and Kamala Harris, in the final campaign sprint of what could be one of the closest elections in decades.
But it was Vance who left the best impression with viewers, after a strong start against a nervy opponent and despite dodging a question on if Trump lost the 2020 election.

According to the DailyMail.com/J.L Partners poll of 801 likely voters, 50 percent said Vance won the debate compared to just 43 percent who said Walz was the victor.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

JD Vance Just Flattens Smug 'Fact Checking' CBS News Mods in Epic Fashion on Springfield Topic

All that was missing was a literal mic drop.

Both Walz and the moderators were also fact-checked on the Twitter machine by Fox News national correspondent Bill Melugin, who has spent years at the border reporting on the crisis. Here's what he had to say:

"CBS cuts Vance’s mic while he’s explaining how the Biden/Harris admin has allowed over 800,000 migrants to enter the U.S. via the CBP One App “lawfully”. It then sounded like Walz claimed the CBP One app has been used since the 90s, which is completely false. The Biden/Harris admin started using it in winter 2023 to begin mass paroling migrants into the country by the hundreds of thousands, typically between 1,300-1,500 every single day."

In other words, the moderators falsely fact-checked Vance but not Walz, who was the one actually not telling the truth.

Go figure. I mean, total shocker, right?

In any event, good on Vance for not letting the mods roll all over him and in the process creating another infuriating Romney/Crowley debate moment. Not happening on Vance's watch!

Once again, Vance is rising to the occasion:

glhs837

Power with Control
I would love to see a more detailed breakdown of this app. How its been used, what changed in its use.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

JD Vance Absolutely Cooks Tim Walz, Then Kamala's Running Mate Completely Implodes

The vice presidential debate wasn't even a close contest. As I've been predicting for months, JD Vance absolutely demolished Tim Walz despite having to battle the moderators at the same time. Vance was composed and ready, showing a keen intellect in the face of Walz's constant flailing and emotional outbursts.

There are going to be a lot of moments that stick out, but for my money, the two best came back to back. When Walz gave a scripted answer about Kamala Harris' economic plans, Vance was ready.

That was just the warm-up, though. It was after Walz responded by basically suggesting American voters are stupid for believing Trump is better for the economy that things really heated up.

VANCE: If you notice what Gov. Walz just did is he said, first of all, Donald Trump has to listen to the experts, and then when he acknowledges the experts screwed up, he says, well, Donald Trump didn't do nearly as good of a job as the statistics show that he did.
WALZ: No, that's a gross generalization.
VANCE: So what Tim Walz is doing, and honestly, Tim, I think you've got a tough job here. You've got to pretend that Donald Trump didn't deliver rising take-home pay, which of course he did. You've got to pretend Donald Trump didn't deliver lower inflation, which of course he did. And then you simultaneously gotta defend Kamala Harris' atrocious economic record, which has made gas, groceries, and housing unaffordable for American citizens.
I was raised by a woman who would sometimes go into medical debt so she could food on the table in our household. I know what it's like to not be able to afford the things that you need to afford. We can do so much better. To all of you watching, we can get back to an America that is affordable again, we've just got to get back to common sense economic policies.

At that point, Walz might as well have walked off the stage, but an unbelievable self-implosion was on the way. In the next segment, the governor was asked about a recently uncovered lie where he claimed to be in China during the Tiananmen Square massacre. What followed was genuinely uncomfortable, and it was the moment that this became a no-contest kind of night.

This is one you have to watch. A transcription isn't going to do it justice, and he was fumbling so much that trying to write it out would be nearly impossible anyway.

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member
“Just to clarify for our viewers, Springfield, Ohio does have a large number of Haitian migrants who have legal status,” she said smugly.

Vance was rightly annoyed by the interruption and said, “The rules were that you guys weren’t going to fact check, and since you’re fact checking me, I think it’s important to say what’s actually going on.”

He then proceeded to truthfully, forcefully explain what “legal status” means:

“So there’s an application called the CBP One app, where you can go on as an illegal migrant, apply for asylum or apply for parole, and be granted legal status at the wave of a Kamala Harris open border wand.”
This is where Vance MAY have messed up. If they were talking about Springfield, I don't think the Haitian influx has anything to do with the CBP One app. But then I've never heard the whole story about how all those Haitians were gathered up to be dropped off there.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But then I've never heard the whole story about how all those Haitians were gathered up to be dropped off there.

Springfield had a jobs problem finding workers for a local factory

Biden needed some place to send Haitians

No I don't know how Springfield was chosen, that is the big mystery

Factory gets soon Haitian Workers who end up being a good catch BUT Biden sends 20,000 to Springfield, not a couple dozed, swamping the town

stgislander

PREMO Member
Springfield had a jobs problem finding workers for a local factory

Biden needed some place to send Haitians

No I don't know how Springfield was chosen, that is the big mystery

Factory gets soon Haitian Workers who end up being a good catch BUT Biden sends 20,000 to Springfield, not a couple dozed, swamping the town
Were those Haitians already in CBP custody?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I would love to see a more detailed breakdown of this app. How its been used, what changed in its use.

I've been hearing about this app for a while now .... a year of more, how Biden is using it to by pass the confusion at the border

A person ' registers ' as an asylum seeker and may then fly right into the country and be setup, while they wait 2 - 5 yrs for their court date

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

JD Vance vs Tampon Tim Walz CBS Vice Presidential Debate Live Stream Reaction​

Vice Presidential Debate Was Wild​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Were those Haitians already in CBP custody?

My recollection is they were flown in after the latest round Haitians fleeing .... [ something ]

I cannot recall the latest incident besides some gang leader running the last President off the island

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

5 Takeaways From the Vance-Walz Vice Presidential Debate

Vance Highlights Harris’s Record, Walz Defends It​

“If Kamala Harris has such great plans for how to address middle class problems, then she ought to do them now,” Vance said in his closing remarks.
The senator brought up Harris’s record on a range of issues from immigration and the economy to America’s ongoing housing crisis. He blamed Harris for moving to free up several billion in Iranian assets before the events of Oct. 7 when Hamas terrorists attacked southern Israel.

“When did Iran and Hamas and their proxies attack Israel? It was during the administration of Kamala Harris,” Vance said.

Walz countered by claiming that Trump’s leadership had laid the groundwork for destabilization in the region.

“We need the steady leadership that Kamala Harris is providing,” he said.

Vance described a surge of immigrants in recent years as one of multiple factors increasing housing prices, pinning responsibility on Harris and her administration for relatively lower wages for domestic workers and other issues he tied to the border.

Walz responded in part by saying that the border crisis could have been addressed through the bipartisan bill advanced by Sen. Jim Lankford (R-Okla.) and others earlier this year, in line with arguments from Harris and other Democrats.