Election results....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bustem' Down said:
Is this page correct?
http://somd.com/elections/offices-state.php

Did JPC get that many votes? That's a whole lot of fools if so.
All Somd pages are correct except for Calvert - still waiting for results from them.

Goodbye to Willie Don :yahoo:

Jackie Russell took out Hewitt by a large margin.

Zylak squeaked out a win.

No big surprises in Charles (most of them were running unopposed anyway).

I'm surprised there weren't more candidates on the local level.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nucklesack said:
I'm hoping the reason he got so many votes is due to name recognition. Cussic is a known name, hopefully people voted for him for that reason. and not because they agreed with his silly stances
Not everyone trolls the Somd forums, and JPC actually came across well in the LWV debate. That probably won him a few votes right there.

Plus a lot of people just like to vote against the incumbent.

DunkirkDogg

Off the Chain
residentofcre said:
The results are not in.... computer problems...

Are they working on it or sitting around scratching thier azzes?

Becky, don't give up here. You gave it a good run. I look forward to seeing you in the future. :yay:

R

residentofcre

DunkirkDogg said:
Are they working on it or sitting around scratching thier azzes?

Becky, don't give up here. You gave it a good run. I look forward to seeing you in the future. :yay:

We have a voice now... I truely hope it will be a loud effective voice....

Hessian

Looks like the Dems came out in force...

Did a little mental addition and it seems to me in Calvert: Dem voters hit the polls 3-2 over republicans...
Any thoughts?
Protest vote emerging?
Republicans don't take primaries seriously?
Busses swung by the Nursing homes and subsidized housing projects?
Hanging chads? (or was it non-magnetized swipe cards?)

R

residentofcre

An Update

According to the Calvert County Election Board, the Unofficial results are in....

I got 1115 votes [It's a PDF that takes a little while to download]

I know that 155 of those votes came in from 2 Huntingtown and 1 Mt. Harmony polling sites....

That leaves 960 votes unaccounted for by district before the provisionals and the absentee votes.

Of the 350 absentee votes I got at least one of those. The I may have a few provisional votes as well.

Later today the report will be out that breaks down the districts. I believe the voice of CRE, Drum Point, and White Sands will be there....

No one has ever run a campaign out of the Private Communities before and that gives a good solid platform to work from....

Please check out my website for an update tommorrow or Friday. We have to select our candidates very carefully for the General Election.... We can make our voice a little louder now.... Time to get to work....

Step 1 is done... let's get on to the next step.... :coffee:

Thanks again... Becky Tice

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
residentofcre said:
No one has ever run a campaign out of the Private Communities before and that gives a good solid platform to work from....

No one? :whistle:

I'm not sure what you mean by that statement. Could you explain, please.

R

residentofcre

Sharon said:
No one? :whistle:

I'm not sure what you mean by that statement. Could you explain, please.

Oh... yeah I forgot about Chris Sodon... but he didn't have the COIAC as a platform running....

Anybody but Shaw

calvertsince48 said:
I can't believe Susan Shaw got the amount of votes the Washington Post is reporting. Must be why it took so long to get the results :whistle: :elaine:
I agree with you. How she has captured the Republican Party in Calvert County is a real mystery to me. Her know it all attitude and scratchy voice are major turn offs. None of her fellow commissioners can stand her but republican voters have been hood-winked.