Electric bill

black dog

Free America
To be fair as long as you aren't using water that heat in the water tank lasts a really long time.

I had a bad thermostat and scalded myself in the shower one morning so I turned off the breaker before work at 6AM, got home at 5PM that evening thinking the water would have cooled down, it was still burn your skin almost instantly hot. The next morning at 6AM it was a good shower temp.

I wish I had natural gas lines here. I dislike the electric range also.

I believe that would depend on how the house was plumbed and lenght of runs and if it's bare copper that's uninsulated. If insulated and short runs ,,, sure... But a simple change of longer uninsulated copper pipe and the hot water has a home run back to the WH so with radiance it cycles itself back to the WH it's all changed.
And if your water was say 210° or more the t&p valve should have popped open.. and with your water being really hot, it should take awhile to cool off.
How old were the shower fixtures in that home?

PeoplesElbow

How old were the shower fixtures in that home?

Using my IR temp gun I got the outside of the tank near where the top thermostat is I got 165, I didn't test it that evening because to get to my water heater I have to climb over top of my washing machine, its in a closet. I normally set it at 130 so I can run straight hot water and not burn myself.

My copper pipe in the walls is uninsulated, but very short as shower fixture is on the other side of the wall from the heater.

black dog

Free America

Using my IR temp gun I got the outside of the tank near where the top thermostat is I got 165, I didn't test it that evening because to get to my water heater I have to climb over top of my washing machine, its in a closet. I normally set it at 130 so I can run straight hot water and not burn myself.

My copper pipe in the walls is uninsulated, but very short as shower fixture is on the other side of the wall from the heater.

Interesting, Thanks.