Electric Car News

glhs837

Power with Control
Rainbow-Unicorn-Farts1A.jpg

You have convinced me with your logic and facts, Sir :)

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, that's not how lithium is mined, thats a cobalt mine, and why every EV maker is working to reduce the amount of cobalt in car batteries to nothing. Of course, the batteries in your laptop and cell phone use it also, yet I see no memes about that.

And I cant speak to other makers, but Tesla has dropped cobalt use to nothing, or close to it.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
What do you call the new car smell in a Tesla?

Elon Musk

Did you know that Tesla partnered with Microsoft to make a new electric car?

It was due out early this year but they are having a problem installing Windows.

glhs837

Power with Control
Saving the planet

So this is a bit interesting. So far three of those specific buses have caught fire. All are made by a French company, Bollore SA. They use a proprietary Bollore battery design called Lithium Metal Polymer, said by Bollore to be solid state and have no risk of thermal runaway.

So the thing is, don't buy magic batteries. And dont expect anything with stored energy to never catch fire. They will. Until we master Magic Pixie Dust (tm), powered things will burn.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
They should roll this back, stop this incessant push, and let this technology ring itself out before trying to force it on everyone.

glhs837

Power with Control
They should roll this back, stop this incessant push, and let this technology ring itself out before trying to force it on everyone.

Thats how you wring a new tech out, by deploying it. Has anyone died in electric bus incidents?

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Here are the biggest EV recalls since the electric vehicle era began

Millions of EVs have been recalled since their debut.

Even well-established brands have had to recall some of their models. Since electric vehicles are at their toddler stage compared to internal combustion engines, and the software for artificial intelligence-supported driving assistants or autonomous-driving technologies are still developing, a relatively large number of recalls of EV vehicles have occurred. In the last two years, five automakers have recalled electric vehicle batteries due to potential fire and stalling risks. But there have been other high-profile EV recalls before this.

glhs837

Power with Control
Scenes From Hell As Massive Fire In Delhi EV Parking Space Guts Nearly 100 Vehicles

A massive fire at an EV parking facility in Delhi's Jamia Nagar area gutted nearly 100 vehicles including e-rickshaws, cars and two-wheelers.

Read more at: https://www.drivespark.com/off-beat...fire-destroys-nearly-100-vehicles-036152.html

Driver should have passed on the vindaloo.

Yeah, having seen Indian electrical infrastructure, not shocked the EV rickshaws (tuk tuks) are not safe :)

stgislander

PREMO Member
It used to be understood that you never bought the first year or two of a new model or powertrain series. Waaaay too many bugs to be still worked out.