Electrolysis

Wenchy

Hot Flash
on your face? OMG :killingme Maybe you would be better off waxing it so you don't get a 5 o'clock shadow. LOL
Yes. On my upper lip to be exact :lol: Only tweezers for the chin. It's worked for 25 years and no need to change. I tried the wax and had a upper lip zit breakout which was not pretty. Electrolysis left me with scars. My sister and closest friends have pledged to shave me when I am comatose or unable to wield a razor. I will do the same for them.

estee_shaun

Yes. On my upper lip to be exact :lol: Only tweezers for the chin. It's worked for 25 years and no need to change. I tried the wax and had a upper lip zit breakout which was not pretty. Electrolysis left me with scars. My sister and closest friends have pledged to shave me when I am comatose or unable to wield a razor. I will do the same for them.

Oh Gosh let me tell you when I first started having my lip waxed I would break out with little pimples too. After doing it for a while though it stopped. I have to take the tweezers to my chin as well. UUGGG Man I hate getting OLD!!!!!:cds:

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
If you're breaking out after tweezing or waxing try using an achohol swab to clean the area before you start and then a gentle cleanser after, and put on some gentle zit cream or medicated makeup on the area if you're prone to breakouts. Try to keep the area you've done as clean as possible. I usually screw up and go out and do something, then start sweating and, well, you know, here they come....
Try to keep you upper lip and/or face clean. It should help prevent or minimize the break out. Wear oil free makeup if you need to go out to help block sun and sweat.

I carry witch hazel wipes with me to cleanse my face while I'm out (I use the Preparation H ones since they are pure witch hazel. I know it sounds weird but they work.)
I been tweezing my upper lip for years so most of the hair is not coming back, but I am now getting fuzzy in other areas. sigh...........

LadyWolf

You have on average 3-4 more trips for electrolysis than with laser.

OMG I just read that electrolysis is anywhere between 15-30 sessions!!!! CA-RAZY :faint:

or more. It doesn't work.

and it hurts.

I have had both Laser and Electrolysis. UGH!!! Electrolysis for YEARS!!! Seriously! They may go away or become lighter in texture and you may not need them for awhile and then you may get another burst of hair growth. The coarser the hair, the more difficult or longer it takes. There used to be an Electrolysis place on 235, right side of the road going North out of Lexington Park. More in the Hollywood area maybe. That was years ago and I don't know if she is still there. I think her name was Angie. It's a little painful, depending on how much the technician needs to "turn up the heat" so to speak. And there are a couple of different types of Electrolysis. There is one Clinton if you travel north. I have yet to find one in SOMD except for the one on 235.

Laser treatments, not much on the face area, but I'm sure it's better than electrolysis. Gets a bigger area in one shot. Also not comfortable, but get someone who knows what they are doing as to not "burn the skin". A little more expensive than Electrolysis upfront, but probably less treatments. You could pay as much as $50 or so for a 30 minute session for Electrolysis and go back every 6-8 weeks until you get tired of giving them the money. Laser is about 6-8 weeks, but you may only need 4 or so treatments. Depending on how thick, coarse, how much, blah, blah, blah, you have. Oh...one other thing. The darker the skin w/Laser, the less likely you will have good results. The lighter the skin and darker the hair, better results!

LadyWolf

Oh, if it's only a little hair on the lip area or something like that...Sally Hanson makes a great depilatory cream. Buy it at Walmart, or Target. I did that too when I was a teenager except back then they didn't have depilatory cream, but had the hair bleach. Either one is good for small amounts and it lasts awhile.