Emmitt Smith

BuddyLee

Football addict
Emmitt Smith, Daniel Snyder exchange pleasantries | ProFootballTalk.com

We like Snyder's response, although we would have liked it even more if it had included the phrase "blowed out." As to Emmitt's comments, we're having a hard time understanding his logic. We thought football players were motivated by things other than the perception that the team's owner lacks "compassion."

Regarding his description of an owner wearing arrogance on his "forehead" and his "chest," we've got a feeling that some might find some irony in that observation.

As to the notion of Snyder buying players, we've also got a feeling that if Emmitt had become an unrestricted free agent in 1999 or 2000, he would have been first in line to cram into his pockets whatever money Snyder was handing out.

4mykids

some humorous emmitt quotes for his fans...

WalterFootball.com: The Emmitt Smith Anthology - All of Emmitt Smith's Grammatically Incorrect Quotes

Emmitt Made a Doo Doo

Believe it or not, but everything Emmitt said the past year wasn't factually correct. I kid you not!

"Wes Worker is a possession receiver that make things happen." (Commentary: I don't care who "make" things happen, but who the heck is Wes Worker?)

"Norv Turner have a lot of experience in the playoff." (Commentary: When Emmitt uttered that statement, Norv Turner's postseason record was 1-1. Good thing we're talking about the playoff here, and not the playoffs.)

"I like the Eagles based on what I saw on Monday night." (Commentary: Emmitt was referring to the Eagles-Patriots game. It was on Sunday night; not Monday night. Did Emmitt TiVo the game or something?)

"Tom Brady is buyin' time for his lineman." (Commentary: And here I thought that offensive linemen were "buyin' time" for the quarterback.)

"Let's not judge the Giants until we're in the bottom half of the season... The bottom half of the schedule get much tougher." (Commentary: Bottom half? Bottom half!? I knew there was a first half and a second half, but now Emmitt's telling us that there's a bottom half of an NFL season. And here I was thinking the season went from September to early February. When does the bottom half of the season take place?)

"Reggie Bush is definitely effective. Just not tonight." (Commentary: Emmitt said this after the Falcons-Saints Monday night game. Note to Emmitt: Bush wasn't effective... because... HE DIDN'T EVEN PLAY! No wonder he wasn't effective tonight.)

"The NFC West is probably one of the weakest... CONFERENCES... in the whole NFC. These guys over here, you have the Cardinals, you have the 49ers, you have the Seahawks, and you also have the Rams..." (Commentary: Thank God Emmitt's around, or else we'd forget which teams are in all the divisions... I mean... CONFERENCES.)

"Alex has a lot of growing up to do, and it's hard to grow up when you are learning three different offenses every year." (Commentary: Three different offenses every year, huh? That's a lot of turnover in the Bay Area. What are they doing down there?)

(On the Super Bowl) "The loss tonight... And the loss today is gonna hurt for a long time." (Commentary: So, apparently the Patriots lost to the Giants twice. Once at night, and once in the afternoon. Damn it, I only saw one of those games.)

(Attempting to quote Jimmy V) "Don't quit. Don't ever quit." (Commentary: For the record, Jimmy V's immortal words were "Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Well, at least Emmitt understands synonyms. Oh, and Emmitt, don't quit. Don't ever quit your gig at ESPN.)

"He was coming through line to make a move and got blind sided by Al Wi... Al Wi... Al Jackson." (Commentary: Don't bother searching for Al Jackson on NFL.com. He doesn't exist in real life - only in Emmitt's mind.)

big_poppa

Not the best analyst, and he definately isn't the best public speaker!! However, you just cannot argue with what he did on the Gridiron!!! That is where it mattered to me as a fan. All that negativity in the Dallas Cowboys locker room throughout the 90's, he was always a Class Act!!! Don't forget that, please!

With all that being said, he should just keep to dancing with the stars now a days....LOL. I agree, he shouldn't be on national television giving his take on the wonderful world of Professional Football. He may not be the brightest one, but until proven otherwise, he was the BEST at what he did, being an NFL Running Back!!!

Go Cowboys!!!!

donbarzini

Not the best analyst, and he definately isn't the best public speaker!! However, you just cannot argue with what he did on the Gridiron!!! That is where it mattered to me as a fan. All that negativity in the Dallas Cowboys locker room throughout the 90's, he was always a Class Act!!! Don't forget that, please!

With all that being said, he should just keep to dancing with the stars now a days....LOL. I agree, he shouldn't be on national television giving his take on the wonderful world of Professional Football. He may not be the brightest one, but until proven otherwise, he was the BEST at what he did, being an NFL Running Back!!!

Go Cowboys!!!!

Class???? I bet he couldn't SPELL class if you spotted him the "c" and the "l".