Encouraging mental illness

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We used to try and get our crazies well, not celebrate them and create more. I was thinking about this while I was walking the dog, getting an emotional support camel and forcing airlines and hotels to let me bring it with me. Not that I would do that, I was just thinking about how people have some mental disorder, and instead of treating it we accommodate and "normalize" it.

All of a sudden everyone is transgender or non-binary or whatever words they fling around. So instead of treating them and helping them to get well, we pretend it's completely normal to be "trapped in your own body", and make celebrities out of them. This encourages other attention seekers to #metoo with not only themselves, but their children. There are like 20 Hollyweird celebrities who've decided that their toddler is trans. No longer hip to just have a **** trophy, now the kid also has to be profoundly mentally ill to boot. This really should be considered child abuse, but it's not - it's lauded as "brave" and emulated. "My kid is trans, too! I'm just like Charlize Theron!"

But it's not just trans. That story about the bi-polar woman flipping out and losing her chit. She's channeling Britney and the Biebs and any number of celebretards who have complete mental breakdowns in public because it's cool.

Drug use. We used to discourage it and addiction wasn't something one aspired to. Now people wear it like an accessory. Famous people openly brag about their addiction and instead of making an attempt to get clean, they encourage dumb kids sitting at home in Clanton, AL to follow their lead. "See how glamorous I am? Wanna be glamorous like me?"

I'm not saying we should shun these people, I'm saying we should stop applauding and encouraging them, and get them some help. Mental illness isn't brave. It isn't cool. It's sad and no fun for the sufferer.

I will probably have more on this once I've finished my coffee.....

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I think you have too much time on your hands. An idle mind....
irony.jpg

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I'm not saying we should shun these people, I'm saying we should stop applauding and encouraging them, and get them some help. Mental illness isn't brave. It isn't cool. It's sad and no fun for the sufferer.
I give them that melancholy look of, "Sorry to hear that you are dieing", "I'm leaving now since there is nothing I can do to help". Besides, a vast majority are completely mentally fine, but, are using today's current fashion of sexual deviation/experimentation as cover to try "new" LMNOP things. Just like any fad, it will go away when too many are participating making the uniqueness of it all no more. It's a public comic con.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
If I may ...

I give them that melancholy look of, "Sorry to hear that you are dieing", "I'm leaving now since there is nothing I can do to help". Besides, a vast majority are completely mentally fine, but, are using today's current fashion of sexual deviation/experimentation as cover to try "new" LMNOP things. Just like any fad, it will go away when too many are participating making the uniqueness of it all no more. It's a public comic con.
Missing and modified body parts and all. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just like any fad, it will go away when too many are participating making the uniqueness of it all no more. It's a public comic con.

But then what happens? When mental illness is commonplace, what will the pop culturists then push as "interesting"?

Remember the first time you heard "bitch" on TV? I do. It was a soap opera in the late 90s, and one character called the other one a bitch. I was momentarily stunned because you never ever heard language like that on TV before. I mean, we used it all the time in our everyday life, but TV was considered G-rated territory.

Now everything on TV is a cussword and behavior that used to be censored on TV. Girls in 90s sitcoms kept their virginity in "special episodes"; now they bang like rabbits and the "special episode" is about their abortion.

And it keeps going further and further because they have to keep coming up with new ways to shock us and get our attention.

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
I first heard the word "bitch" on Saturday Night Live in the 1970's. I think it was Emily Latella (Gilda Radner) called Jane Curtain "a stupid bitch".

Chris0nllyn

We used to try and get our crazies well, not celebrate them and create more. I was thinking about this while I was walking the dog, getting an emotional support camel and forcing airlines and hotels to let me bring it with me. Not that I would do that, I was just thinking about how people have some mental disorder, and instead of treating it we accommodate and "normalize" it.

How often do you fly? Have you even flown with a service animal? Or do you read internet stories and assume the minority is the majority?

All of a sudden everyone is transgender or non-binary or whatever words they fling around. So instead of treating them and helping them to get well, we pretend it's completely normal to be "trapped in your own body", and make celebrities out of them. This encourages other attention seekers to #metoo with not only themselves, but their children. There are like 20 Hollyweird celebrities who've decided that their toddler is trans. No longer hip to just have a **** trophy, now the kid also has to be profoundly mentally ill to boot. This really should be considered child abuse, but it's not - it's lauded as "brave" and emulated. "My kid is trans, too! I'm just like Charlize Theron!"

"20 celebrities decided their chiold was trans"? What 20 would those be?

But it's not just trans. That story about the bi-polar woman flipping out and losing her chit. She's channeling Britney and the Biebs and any number of celebretards who have complete mental breakdowns in public because it's cool.

Well that certainly points to a very specific incident, but doesn't it make sense that their breakdowns are public, considering they are followed everywhere by people looking to put their actions out to the public?

I imagine that if you or I were interesting enough to be followed everywhere, they'd find some incident to point to and put on the internet for people like you to look at and use for self validation.

Drug use. We used to discourage it and addiction wasn't something one aspired to. Now people wear it like an accessory. Famous people openly brag about their addiction and instead of making an attempt to get clean, they encourage dumb kids sitting at home in Clanton, AL to follow their lead. "See how glamorous I am? Wanna be glamorous like me?"

Please, so me where anyone is celebrating addiciton. Who in their right mind "aspires" to be an addict and what example do you have of a celebrity actively encouranging kids to become an addict?

I will probably have more on this once I've finished my coffee.....

What other aspects of your life are one extreme to the other? Or are you being intentially facetious when you talk like this?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

But then what happens? When mental illness is commonplace, what will the pop culturists then push as "interesting"?
Think you misread me. I was attempting to say that there are only just a few that are the truly mentally deficient. The rest are just going with the trend. To be somebody, to 'fit in to the scene man'. To be in your face to just be in your face. Arguing for auguring sake. Rebels trying to have a cause. As for the degrading of language and debaucherous behavior on the tele, and cable, it's Hollywood, and program producers, that push the rule of incivility. And they are not Christians, nor hung up on all that is righteous and good, or raised with certain societal morals, that's for sure.

Hijinx

By the government's own numbers in 2016, there were approximately 8,980 Service members that identify as transgender. During the Obama administration, 937 members were diagnosed with gender dysphoria and began or completed their transition.

Guess who was paying for those operations.
It's cruel and unusual punishment to take my tax money to mutilate these people.

Thank You President Trump for having the balls to call a halt to this bullsh1t,

truby20

Fighting like a girl
This encourages other attention seekers to #metoo with not only themselves, but their children. There are like 20 Hollyweird celebrities who've decided that their toddler is trans.

I know you love Trump, but you don’t get to distort reality like he does.

Name 10 celebrities that have trans toddlers. You said there are 20, just name 10.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
By the government's own numbers in 2016, there were approximately 8,980 Service members that identify as transgender. During the Obama administration, 937 members were diagnosed with gender dysphoria and began or completed their transition.

bs_logo.png

I've been out quite a few years but I'd say at the most it's a couple of dozen people.

Hijinx

bs_logo.png

I've been out quite a few years but I'd say at the most it's a couple of dozen people.
I didn't make that up I googled it, I tried to find where I got that and couldn't find it again so perhaps it is Bullshit, however the Rand study had a figure of between 1, 320 to 6,630 And I tried Snopes and they just bullshitted. However even with the Rand study people it is still a lot more than a couple of dozen. I might add that if it was only one I would still be against using my tax dollars to mutilate that one.

https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR1530.html