Enforcement done right, Go Sheriff Cameron :)

glhs837

Power with Control
But in doing so I'm not hindering traffic, nor am I blocking the box.. In fact I'm having just the opposite effect, I'm ensuring there is less traffic back up coming from the South.. enhancing the traffic rate entering the gate.. and just all around making everyone's life better.. (I think I do that merely by existing, but I still try to do my part).

Nothing more infuriating in the morning when coming from the South then having that first lane totally blocked, people even into the intersection, and there's room for 3 or 4 cars in the second and third lanes.. and they won't move over!!

Well Awesome Bob doing it might not cause the same effects as say Arsehole Arnold. Me speeding causes no issues, in fact, since I get out of the pack around me, you could say I'm adding to safety that way. Oddly enough, not one nice officer has ever seen it that way :)

itsbob

I bowl overhand
It is illegal, but do be sure to invoke the "Dr. Bob Logical Overrule" motion and let us know how it works out...:lmao:

I shall.. I will lift my hoity toity nose in the air.. and say.. "My good Man.. Have you no Sense??"

Followed by, "Do you know who I am??" "Are you even on the FORUMS!??"

"Begone Peasant!"

I shall.. I will lift my hoity toity nose in the air.. and say.. "My good Man.. Have you no Sense??"

"Begone Peasant!"
Please do a "selfie recording" when you do it... I'll par-cook you a steak! :clap:

bilbur

Thought we beat this to death last year in the Rt4/Rt235 intersection thread :) And that failure to follow the dedicated lane into the intersection was a citable offense. The markings for that lane make it the only legal way to make that turn.

And yes, they do, own two of them now, unlike the bikes, the cars eventually become affordable used rides. :)

You are correct, if there is a dedicated and marked lane for turning it is illegal to bypass it and turn past the intersection like the special people do on rt 4.

Last edited:

bilbur

"Begone Peasant!"
You can also try and hit them with "I pay your salary" or "I make in a day what you make in a week" they seem to love both of those and respond really well to them.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Bob do I need to comment still ? About BMW bikes. Yours is nice I will say that much ;)

Only issue is I can't do anything wrong, or everyone recognizes the bike!!

"That Damn BOB!!"

and of course more than once BG has got a call.. "Why was Bob in such a rush this morning??"

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
just put a deputy at each gate with a hi res video camera, ticket the car with a $ 1000 fine .... that should put an end to this crap

glhs837

Power with Control
just put a deputy at each gate with a hi res video camera, ticket the car with a $ 1000 fine .... that should put an end to this crap

That's what I'm saying. "Here's web address where you can view yourself committing the infraction, and a physical address where you can mail the check, have a nice day"

wubbles

I'm not sure this is illegal, or "ticketable"..

I basically do this every day, as the turn lane coming from the South relegates us to the right lane only coming into gate 2.. the jackasses coming from the north will all pile into that lane blocking us, while there is an empty third lane and room for cars in the second lane to get in... If there isn't room in those two lanes when I get the green, I'll continue on to gate 1.. but that hasn't happened yet.. Lane 1 (if you're coming from the South) is always blocked tight, while there is always room for cars to get into lane 2 or 3

Skipping the turn lane and turning right into the most northern lane makes for less congestion coming from the South, and actually uses the third lane for it's intended purpose.. and BTW.. why should the people coming from the South not be allowed the same benefit of ALL three lanes like everyone else?

I use the 3rd lane all the time after patiently waiting in the turn lane. I have also nearly been hit on multiple occasions by making a turn when some impatient person makes an illegal turn through the box and cuts me off.

bachnersd

Are they gonna ticket the people waiting in line at the gate (once onboard NAS) who leave 2 and 3 car lengths between them and the car in front of them, which contributes to the people stuck in the intersection?

glhs837

Power with Control
Are they gonna ticket the people waiting in line at the gate (once onboard NAS) who leave 2 and 3 car lengths between them and the car in front of them, which contributes to the people stuck in the intersection?

Ah, no, since that's not against the law. It's quite simple, anticipating (or Assuming) they will pull forward to close the gaps and entering the intersection before there is room is a sucker bet. If there is not room on the far side, DONT ENTER THE INTERSECTION. Counting on the common sense of others is almost always a sucker bet, as any motorcycle rider can tell you.

I don't get why they can't use Military police to guide traffic. Not hand out tickets, just provide traffic control.

I don't get why they can't use Military police to guide traffic. Not hand out tickets, just provide traffic control.
Having two at each lane so that each is checking every other car moving two through at a time does absolute wonders for keeping the traffic back up down to a minimum. I've often wondered why this isn't standard practice for morning and lunch time commuting hours.

bachnersd

My point was that there are simpler actions to be taken before jumping to passing out tickets, which will make the congestion worse. Something as simple as a sailor walking among the lanes encouraging drivers to minimize space between cars, for example.

My point was that there are simpler actions to be taken before jumping to passing out tickets, which will make the congestion worse. Something as simple as a sailor walking among the lanes encouraging drivers to minimize space between cars, for example.
But even with tightening up all available space in the line already formed on base it would not address those that insist on pulling into the intersection without a clear path our of the intersection nor does it make the line go any faster.

We cannot block intersections. We should get ticketed if we insist on doing so. It's simple.

bachnersd

Obviously blocking the intersection is bad, no argument about that.

But what causes one to become impatient, which sometimes results in blocking the intersection? I think it's when two or three cars only get through the intersection and onto the NAS. My point is, there is probably room in the line for four or five additional cars if the empty space between cars is reduced. If more cars get through the light each cycle, we're all happier.