Enough!

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
I'm already a member at Maximum Fitness. Usually go either around 10am or 2pm, M-F; weekends can be any time I get around to doing it. You can go to their website and get a free trial week.

Maximum Health & Fitness
I used to pick up Shape quite a bit as it has/had all of the exercise how-to's, plus things you can do for five minutes between meetings or outside after lunch and so on.

You'll find that it takes a lifetime, really a lifetime (or at least 20 years, give or take), and willing participants from start to finish to determine the overall health of a protein:carb intake diet, or the impact of strength training v. cardios or the ratio of the two.

Remember when apples were like, nothing? And you wouldn't think twice about eating one or two? Especially nice crisp slices with peanut butter?

Now, an apple - what I consider an apple - is usually counted as 2 servings, peanut butter is bad, almond butter is the good guy and you MAY just be better off eating more of the almond butter than of the apple!

And look at our transfatchronicles. Don't eat butter, it'll clog your arteries. Use margarine instead!

Back again to butter...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Margarine isn't even real - it's a manufactured tub of chemicals. Butter is real. And WH says that peanut butter is good for you again. :lol:

Coffee is bad for you.
Coffee drinkers have lower cholesterol.

Don't eat red meat ever.
Moderate amounts of red meat are necessary for a healthy diet.

Never ever drink alcohol.
Women who drink in moderation live longer.

Eat lots of carbs to get energy and lose weight.
Carbs kill - never eat anything white.
Pasta is a terrific low-fat filler.

It's enough to drive you crazy. :jameo:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nuts are fat - don't eat them.
Nuts are a good protein snack.

Sugar kills.
Snack on jellybeans because they're fat free.

:lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Don't eat red meat ever.
Moderate amounts of red meat are necessary for a healthy diet.

As an aside, I learned recently that the stigma surrounding red meat is really only true of grain fed beef. If you can get your hands on 100% grass fed beef, it's lower in saturated fat and higher in omega 3s.

I love WH but haven't read it in a few months

Coffee is bad for you.
Coffee drinkers have lower cholesterol.
I read that!!! Right in the very same magazine, and I thought "Well this is confusing". :lmao: I've been trying to pay attention to what my body likes and dislikes. Some foods make me sluggish and some make me feel great. I eat the ones that make me feel great and avoid the ones that don't. But I'm a magazine girl so I still buy them. :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As an aside, I learned recently that the stigma surrounding red meat is really only true of grain fed beef. If you can get your hands on 100% grass fed beef, it's lower in saturated fat and higher in omega 3s.

You watch - in a year or two, "studies" will show that people who eat grass-fed beef have a higher incident of cancer than those who eat grain-fed. :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
You watch - in a year or two, "studies" will show that people who eat grass-fed beef have a higher incident of cancer than those who eat grain-fed. :lol:
And I wouldn't be surprised, but I wouldn't believe it. :lol: All the reading I've been doing about responsible "production" of food has made it very clear that the government is not interested in what's good for us. They just steer public opinion toward whatever the hot button issue of the moment is and everyone's left scrambling. When I was little, thanks to Aladdin, I thought that the golden rule was "Whoever has the gold makes the rules" :roflmao:. As I got older I realized that it was far too true. :lmao:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Just eat like you have some sense and participate in a well rounded and diverse exercise program. :shrug: The diet you follow needs to conform with your fitness goals.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Just eat like you have some sense and participate in a well rounded and diverse exercise program. :shrug: The diet you follow needs to conform with your fitness goals.

Just. JUST??? That IS the problem! :lol:

Food tastes good and eating is fun.

I know if I stop eating before I am full, 15 minutes later I am fine AND I am losing weight. And it does NOT matter what it is; tofu or chili dogs, just stop before I am full.

But, damn, stopping at one chili dog, two pieces of pizza, a small serving of meadows custard...

And working out makes me MORE hungrier MORE often!!! :jameo:

kom526

Just. JUST??? That IS the problem! :lol:

Food tastes good and eating is fun.

I know if I stop eating before I am full, 15 minutes later I am fine AND I am losing weight. And it does NOT matter what it is; tofu or chili dogs, just stop before I am full.

But, damn, stopping at one chili dog, two pieces of pizza, a small serving of meadows custard...

And working out makes me MORE hungrier MORE often!!! :jameo:

I've said it before and I'll say it again a medium double #4 with a coke @ Wendy's (Baconator) is a lot of calories to burn off. When I was really working on it last year, I just ate 6 times a day and never got hungry.

BUT, I do like to scarf down 3-6 pieces of pizza, the aforementioned Baconator, or a whole serving of General Tso's chicken and the lbs that I have gained back from last year bears testimony to that. Excuse me, I have a date with the #2 breakfast meal at MickeyD's now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
See, and exercise tends to kill my appetite. I eat a little something before I go to the gym - a Greek yogurt or an Ensure - then I'm not hungry for hours.

What my biggest calorie issue is is...alcohol. :jameo: Spend a day with friends that goes on into the late evening and it's pretty easy to knock back a 6-pack of Sam Light - hell, you don't even get drunk off it. That would be 600 calories. :jet: Double that if I'm not drinking light beer. And as much as I avoid drinking calories, you'd think I'd freak about beer, but I don't.

kom526

See, and exercise tends to kill my appetite. I eat a little something before I go to the gym - a Greek yogurt or an Ensure - then I'm not hungry for hours.

What my biggest calorie issue is is...alcohol. :jameo: Spend a day with friends that goes on into the late evening and it's pretty easy to knock back a 6-pack of Sam Light - hell, you don't even get drunk off it. That would be 600 calories. :jet: Double that if I'm not drinking light beer. And as much as I avoid drinking calories, you'd think I'd freak about beer, but I don't.

Restricting my beer flow while I was working on it last year was tough, but I restricted myself to 3 beers only on the weekend and it worked out ok.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member

I love WH but haven't read it in a few months

I read that!!! Right in the very same magazine, and I thought "Well this is confusing". :lmao: I've been trying to pay attention to what my body likes and dislikes. Some foods make me sluggish and some make me feel great. I eat the ones that make me feel great and avoid the ones that don't. But I'm a magazine girl so I still buy them. :lmao:

That is what I feel is the key. If you find that a certain food group or item causes you muscle weakness (or whatever), then leave it out. If nuts curb your appetite between meals, well so be it. If you "run" smoother on a carb diet with your own level of sugar intake - do what your body tells you.

I do believe that everybody needs the nutrients found in the colors of fruits and vegetables. They do a body good.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I've been trying to pay attention to what my body likes and dislikes. Some foods make me sluggish and some make me feel great. I eat the ones that make me feel great and avoid the ones that don't.

I have been doing the very same thing lately. I don't know if it is old age or what but I definitely notice a difference when it comes to what I eat. I was forced to eat McDonalds the other day for the first time since I can remember and man, I felt like crap all day after. I can't do regular pasta noodles anymore either, only the whole grain one's or I feel icky.

I really should start making lists. :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I have been doing the very same thing lately. I don't know if it is old age or what but I definitely notice a difference when it comes to what I eat. I was forced to eat McDonalds the other day for the first time since I can remember and man, I felt like crap all day after. I can't do regular pasta noodles anymore either, only the whole grain one's or I feel icky.

I really should start making lists. :lol:
Spaghettios are my abusive boyfriend. I know they make me feel awful, but every once in awhile I'll eat them and immediately feel like crap. :lmao: Usually I try to stick to whole foods or snacks I've made myself. I slack off sometimes though. :lol:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Spaghettios are my abusive boyfriend. I know they make me feel awful, but every once in awhile I'll eat them and immediately feel like crap. :lmao: Usually I try to stick to whole foods or snacks I've made myself. I slack off sometimes though. :lol:

:killingme

Doritos.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Oreo's! Without fail, will make me feel like crap! Gave 'em up some time ago.

:yahoo: