Environmental damage seen from shuttle

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Musing:

I was watching this envirowacko lecturing on TV awhile back and she was all stretched out about how trees are living creatures that can feel, and how they scream when some lumberjack chops them down.

This got me to thinking about all the animals that eat the leaves and bark off trees and, well, it seemed like a good premise for a horror movie. The screams of the trees as some deer eats it ALIVE, bite by juicy bite....mwahahahahaha!

Of course her audience wasn't bright enough to think of this and ask her whether we should forbid animals from eating these living, feeling, screaming creatures.

BuddyLee

Football addict
vraiblonde said:
Musing:

I was watching this envirowacko lecturing on TV awhile back and she was all stretched out about how trees are living creatures that can feel, and how they scream when some lumberjack chops them down.

This got me to thinking about all the animals that eat the leaves and bark off trees and, well, it seemed like a good premise for a horror movie. The screams of the trees as some deer eats it ALIVE, bite by juicy bite....mwahahahahaha!

Of course her audience wasn't bright enough to think of this and ask her whether we should forbid animals from eating these living, feeling, screaming creatures.
:roflmao:

Mikeinsmd

vraiblonde said:
This got me to thinking about all the animals that eat the leaves and bark off trees and, well, it seemed like a good premise for a horror movie. The screams of the trees as some deer eats it ALIVE, bite by juicy bite....mwahahahahaha! Of course her audience wasn't bright enough to think of this and ask her whether we should forbid animals from eating these living, feeling, screaming creatures.
My 2nd God wouldn't have allowed this..... :lol:

Triggerfish

BuddyLee said:
Those in the rain forrests seem to ignorant to know this.

It's not really ignorance. The soil composition of the rain forest is very different. The soil is so active that there is very little nutrient in the soil. In temperate areas the nutrients actually build up, in the tropics almost all the nutrients are used up. So you have maybe 5 years of farming unless you use very intensive fertilizing which most people can not afford down there.

Last edited:

Triggerfish

BuddyLee said:
Some of the erosion is from 'evolution' of the Earth but more of it IMO is from humans. What happens when you take out all the trees in a forrest? See you later good soil or farmers will farm the land for a few years until the soil is utterly useless.

Or in the case of what happened in the Great Smokys was they chopped down the trees on the slopes and the soil washed into the rivers and killed the organisms (ie fish) in the rivers. Even now much of the bedrocks are exposed and it is so difficult to get vegetation to grow there since everytime they put dirt there and try to grow things it just washes away.