EPA pushes for 15% Ethanol.

Hijinx

Dear Mr. Trump if you allow this you are screwing the pooch.
Helping a few corn growers while destroying millions of chain saws, weed whackers, and outboard motors will not gain you a thing.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
“This rule is a critical milestone for rural Americans who make renewable biofuels and for all American drivers, who may soon have a cleaner, more affordable, higher-octane fuel all year long,” said Growth Energy CEO Emily Skor in a statement.

I want some of what ol' Emily is smoking. Cleaner, unless you take into account "science shows burning ethanol in warmer temperature leads to heightened ground-level ozone pollution and smog". More affordable, unless you take into account ethanol related repairs or the price for premium fuel. Higher octane, this one must've come directly out of her ass. From my experience, the ethanol-free fuel available at the pump generally has an octane rating of 87. Most small engines in service now have a recommendation for a minimum 89 octane fuel rating.

TCROW

The larger issue is that the cost to produce it is more than the value of energy it provides. But you know, Trump has to make good with the farm states after forking the soybean farmers.

Most small engines in service now have a recommendation for a minimum 89 octane fuel rating.

The Mennonite guy up on Rt. 6 on the way from Charlotte Hall into LaPlata I used to have service my 2 stroke engines on my lawn and yard equipment for a while told me years ago to run 91 through them to stop the pitting that occurs from having ethanol in gasoline. He was right, I haven't had to service or replace the carb on any of my things for a while now. Sucks for him I guess, it was a nice income stream!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This one sat unused and full of fuel for at least a year. I see a lot of carburetors that need to be replaced, but this one completely blew my mind.

This one sat unused and full of fuel for at least a year. I see a lot of carburetors that need to be replaced, but this one completely blew my mind.

View attachment 135712
Never seen one quite that bad. All my small engines have fuel shutoff valves and I run the carbs dry.

There are so many arguments against using ethanol in fuel. Where are these people getting such bad information to try to move ahead with this?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Shut off valves and fuel stabilizer go a long way in preventing damage, but the average Joe are the ones the get bit by this the most. I try to educate my customers, but some just don't listen. Chinese carburetors have saved quite a few, but with trade being what it is, they will probably become more expensive as time goes on.

Hijinx

Never seen one quite that bad. All my small engines have fuel shutoff valves and I run the carbs dry.

There are so many arguments against using ethanol in fuel. Where are these people getting such bad information to try to move ahead with this?
From Corn Farmers?

BOP

Dear Mr. Trump if you allow this you are screwing the pooch.
Helping a few corn growers while destroying millions of chain saws, weed whackers, and outboard motors will not gain you a thing.
And Harley engines.

BOP

From the people selling ethanol.

limblips

PREMO Member
They still ignore the fuels used to produce ethanol. The farmer burns diesel to prep the land, plant, cultivate, spray, and harvest. He uses LP gas and electricity to dry it. He either delivers it with his own diesel rigs or contracts it to a trucker who takes it to the elevator where it is loaded on trucks or diesel electric trains to go to processors who use various forms of energy to process it. But you know the environment and all.....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Now would be a great time for a young person to learn small engine repair. I think they have quite a bit of work here beginning in the next few years.