Equine Rescues in So. MD?

Sparks

Are there any legitimate Equine Rescues in Southern MD?

Just asking because I don't know. A friend got rid of her horses and was going to give me a bunch of blankets. I suggested a better idea was to donate them to some place like Days End Farm, but they're kind of far from us.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?

Just asking because I don't know. A friend got rid of her horses and was going to give me a bunch of blankets. I suggested a better idea was to donate them to some place like Days End Farm, but they're kind of far from us.

Maybe the snowflake society?

CountryLady

luvmyponies

MD Horse Industry Board Has the only listing of leagle operating equine facilities throughout Maryland.

There listings are by countys in Maryland.
If they are approved for rescue there will be and indication as such.

There is one in St.Mary's, none in Charles, none in Calvert, one in Anne Arundel and a few in Prince Georges county.

http://www.marylandhorseindustry.org/Stables09.htm

:coffee:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
If you have an equine business in the state of maryland, you must be licensed through them.

In Maryland it is illegal, subject to fines and/or imprisonment to operate equine boarding, equine rental, equine sales, and equine riding/driving/training stables without a license (Agricultural Articles 2-701 through 2-719). A listing of general requirements may be found at Maryland Horse Industry Board.

Although this statement doesn't spell it out, this includes rescue stables because they recive compensation for rescue and usually it involves sales of the rehabilitated equine.
Call them and ask. Their number is on the web site.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
If you have an equine business in the state of maryland, you must be licensed through them.

In Maryland it is illegal, subject to fines and/or imprisonment to operate equine boarding, equine rental, equine sales, and equine riding/driving/training stables without a license (Agricultural Articles 2-701 through 2-719). A listing of general requirements may be found at Maryland Horse Industry Board.

Although this statement doesn't spell it out, this includes rescue stables because they recive compensation for rescue and usually it involves sales of the rehabilitated equine.
Call them and ask. Their number is on the web site.

I'm not sure if that would include a non-profit rescue, interesting...

CountryLady

luvmyponies
It ultimately has to do with the horse care (quality).

It includes non profit, because they take money for donations and for sales of the rehabed animal.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
THEY DO, Sort of.....

It's called nutrient management! :whistle:

If I have anything that could go to a rescue, my choice is Elle at Horsenet. They are always in need and use what they get for the right purpose! Days End is great but they have a lot of sponsors, but of course there is never enough!!

Wait4It..boom

Do I read this right? For people that board less than 5 horses, they aren't considered Board Class and thus aren't subjected to obtaining a license.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Do I read this right? For people that board less than 5 horses, they aren't considered Board Class and thus aren't subjected to obtaining a license.

Technically yes, but there is a gray area....

If your horses are stabled with boarded horses the care and requirements are the same and are usually counted with the five.

It kinda depends on who is interpreting the law at the time.

I was advised that even if you board one it is a good Idea to get licensed,
due to leagle issues. It is only $75.00 per year for the license and MHIB inspects the property annually. They are very good people to work with.