Escape from Point Lookout POW camp

NOTSMC

Seriously hope this isn't paywalled. Apologies if it is.
That's a remarkable story. Thank you for posting.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Southern MD was very solidly with the Confederate states, which is why Lincoln arrested all of the southern sympathizing elected Md politicians and jailed them without charges, and established a large military presence at Point Lookout. It was only made a prisoner of war camp to "give that large number of troops something usefull to do".

black dog

Free America
Southern MD was very solidly with the Confederate states, which is why Lincoln arrested all of the southern sympathizing elected Md politicians and jailed them without charges, and established a large military presence at Point Lookout. It was only made a prisoner of war camp to "give that large number of troops something usefull to do".
They also saved,
The Oliver "Hard Bargin" Plantation.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm always sadly amazed at the number of people who claim to be "history buffs" that don't understand what a complete rogue warrior Lincoln was when it came to his deep desire to destroy any resemblances of a Constitutional republic,.a Federalist government. If you've read his history as I have, you would know that his lifetime goal was always to destroy state's rights and autonomy...and that he did. He NEVER had the constitutional authority to wage war on the seceding states. Not even 30 years prior, it was openly acknowledged, when several New England states were threatening to secede, that "resorting to arms" to prevent them doing that was never an option. All the states voluntarily joined that union..some quite reluctantly..and ALL were quite free to leave it.

Last edited:

Kinnakeet

I'm always sadly amazed at the number of people who claim to be "history buffs" that don't understand what a complete rogue warrior Lincoln was when it came to his deep desire to destroy any resemblances of a Constitutional republic,.a Federalist government. If you've read his history as I have, you would know that his lifetime goal was always to destroy state's rights and autonomy...and that he did. He NEVER had the constitutional authority to wage war on the seceding states. Not even 30 years prior, it was openly acknowledged, when several New England states were threatening to secede, that "resorting to arms" to prevent them doing that was never an option. All the states voluntarily joined that union..some quite reluctantly..and ALL were quite free to leave it.
Is biden related to Lincoln...lol... He sounds like a democrat

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
lincoln.jpg