Evan's Seafood

Riddler

Anybody know when the "new" Evan's will open?

Drove down there over the weekend and it looks like it is almost completed. Peeked in the window and they already have all the furniture in place.

nomoney

leaving the island this morning the "island sign" said "congrats to chuck and judy(i think those were the names) on your place, Evans - now open!" So maybe today is the day :shrug: Noticed an suv with the tailgate open and it looked like there were boxes of produce inside waiting to be unloaded :getdown:

Riddler

I drove past on Friday night and the parking lot was packed. I couldn't stop because I had to get home to the kids so I haven't eaten there yet.

Anyone eat there yet? I'm curious what the menu is.

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
leaving the island this morning the "island sign" said "congrats to chuck and judy(i think those were the names) on your place, Evans - now open!" So maybe today is the day :shrug: Noticed an suv with the tailgate open and it looked like there were boxes of produce inside waiting to be unloaded :getdown:

It's Chuck and Julie. They are open but I haven't eaten there yet. I heard it's pretty expensive though.

nomoney

located where the old evans used to be, stopped by there sunday for a late lunch. Wasn't impressed. I hope the menu improves soon. And yes it was expensive. One appetizer choice, one dessert choice, one kid menu choice. No crabs, crab legs, steamed shrimp. Not what I was expecting, but I'll give it a few more months and go back and try one more time.
On a plus side, the bar half looked good and had a nice sized bar, might have to take a break from fishing one day and dock up there for a drink or two.

K

Kain99

located where the old evans used to be, stopped by there sunday for a late lunch. Wasn't impressed. I hope the menu improves soon. And yes it was expensive. One appetizer choice, one dessert choice, one kid menu choice. No crabs, crab legs, steamed shrimp. Not what I was expecting, but I'll give it a few more months and go back and try one more time.
On a plus side, the bar half looked good and had a nice sized bar, might have to take a break from fishing one day and dock up there for a drink or two.

That is so disappointing.

Aprstarr

My husband and I went there this weekend and we LOVED it!! They do not have their full menu yet. I think its more of a "soft" opening. If you are worried about selection i would call before you go to see if they have their full menu available. I had the crab cake dinner, and my husband had the fried oyster basket. I am very critical of seafood, it drives my husband crazy, I was raised on the water and know what taste good and what doesn't...and like i said, we loved it we will definitley make it a regular place of ours. I would say the prices are very comparable to Stoneys & Clarkes Landing restuarants... I also wanted to note that the staff was very friendly, and we received great service:)

My husband and I went there this weekend and we LOVED it!! They do not have their full menu yet. I think its more of a "soft" opening. If you are worried about selection i would call before you go to see if they have their full menu available. I had the crab cake dinner, and my husband had the fried oyster basket. I am very critical of seafood, it drives my husband crazy, I was raised on the water and know what taste good and what doesn't...and like i said, we loved it we will definitley make it a regular place of ours. I would say the prices are very comparable to Stoneys & Clarkes Landing restuarants... I also wanted to note that the staff was very friendly, and we received great service:)

Please give critque of the crab cake. How would you compare it to those you've had at other local seafood joints?