Evening Wedding

lovinmaryland

I have an evening wedding tomorrow at the Holiday Inn Solomons. I am having a hard time deciding what to wear. I bought a black dress w/ some sparkely jewelry or a black slacks w/ a sparkley fancy blouse.

I am leaning more towards the slacks & blouse because I will be chasing after my 2 year old who is the flower girl for most of the evening.

Is that outfit to casual for an evening wedding? Should I wear the dress instead? :cds:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Dressy slacks (not cotton) with a gorgeous blouse is appropriate evening wear for weddings and dinners. I've seen it quite a bit lately.

Of course if you're running after your daughter your main concern will be shoes you can wear that look dressy but still let you move fast.

lovinmaryland

Both girls here at the office said slacks wouldnt be appropriate for an evening wedding. They said evening weddings are either black tie or white tie events and I should go w/ the dress. :ohwell:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I have several times wore Black slacks and a nice blouse to an evening wedding as I am not a dress person and have never been looked at funny nor has anybody ever said I wasn't dressed up enough..

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I have an evening wedding tomorrow at the Holiday Inn Solomons. I am having a hard time deciding what to wear. I bought a black dress w/ some sparkely jewelry or a black slacks w/ a sparkley fancy blouse.

I am leaning more towards the slacks & blouse because I will be chasing after my 2 year old who is the flower girl for most of the evening.

Is that outfit to casual for an evening wedding? Should I wear the dress instead? :cds:
5 kids and you are just now getting married? :duh: Is he bebe daddy to any of the rug rats? And you're wearing BLACK!?!?!? What kind of monster are you??? :cds:

I know Luvin is married, lets see who freaks.

luvmygdaughters

I think a nice pair of dress slacks and shimmery blouse with a pair of nice heels would be appropriate for an evening wedding. Especially since the temperature is dropping.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Both girls here at the office said slacks wouldnt be appropriate for an evening wedding. They said evening weddings are either black tie or white tie events and I should go w/ the dress. :ohwell:

I would have to agree, especially for an evening wedding, which calls for something cocktail-y or that little black dress you bought. But then, I am old school. I don't think I've worn pants to a wedding ever.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

nice slacks... no prob!

..... and if its for :whistle: I would rock the sweats!!! :killingme

lovinmaryland

5 kids and you are just now getting married? :duh: Is he bebe daddy to any of the rug rats? And you're wearing BLACK!?!?!? What kind of monster are you??? :cds:
I know Luvin is married, lets see who freaks.
you ass :lmao:

I think a nice pair of dress slacks and shimmery blouse with a pair of nice heels would be appropriate for an evening wedding. Especially since the temperature is dropping.
Ok another for slacks!
I would have to agree, especially for an evening wedding, which calls for something cocktail-y or that little black dress you bought. But then, I am old school. I don't think I've worn pants to a wedding ever.
Yea the other girls said I might be the only ones in slacks. hmmm what to do.
nice slacks... no prob!

..... and if its for :whistle: I would rock the sweats!!! :killingme

:lmao: I talked to A the other day and she was like OMG slacks this is a big ta da and Big B should wear a suit :blahblah:

I guess I will try them on and see which one big b likes best. :sigh:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I tend to agree - is the dress long enough for you to feel comfortable crouching down if necessary to pick up your little flower girl? Maybe you could ask someone involved with the ceremony if black tie is expected? I'm sure the slacks and top will look great, but you run the risk of feeling a little under-dressed.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
you ass :lmao:

Ok another for slacks!

Yea the other girls said I might be the only ones in slacks. hmmm what to do.

:lmao: I talked to A the other day and she was like OMG slacks this is a big ta da and Big B should wear a suit :blahblah:

I guess I will try them on and see which one big b likes best. :sigh:

TWO WORDS.. FOR HER

SUCK IT!!

I give it less than 2ys and she will be back to living at her mommies house...cuz he couldnt handle it! :coffee:

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE

I vote for slacks. Comfort is more important to me then worrying what some one else thinks.
Do you have a semi-dressy colorful blazer and a blouse in one of the colors of the blazer? That would look classier then just slacks and a blouse. Also the blazer probably has pockets for kleenex and such. JMHO