Ever eat soap?

pixiegirl said:
That's the biggest crock o' $hit I've ever heard. I'm the adult and they are the children, period.

In my house they're not "bad" words, they're "grown up" words and when my boys are grown ups they're allowed to say them.
:yeahthat: My son is 14 and though he hears such words from me, his father and other adults he does not utter those words at all.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
buddy999 said:
To do so tells the child that it's OK to use that language and you can't punish the child if the adult is using that language also.
And by that reasoning, if a parent smokes, drinks a beer, drives a car or votes in an election, the kid should be able to as well? :lol:

pixiegirl said:
That's the biggest crock o' $hit I've ever heard. I'm the adult and they are the children, period.

In my house they're not "bad" words, they're "grown up" words and when my boys are grown ups they're allowed to say them.

Exactly! And that's what I'm preaching. "J, those are grown up words. 4 year little boys don't use those words"

Azzy

LexiGirl75 said:
I consider the conference call, between you and my supervisor who was planning to give you a job, public.
I read this 3 times and still have no idea what you're talking about :lol:

Seannie cracks me up, no matter how wrong that is :lmao: Hes so cute, how can you get mad at him?

buddy999

It's Great to be American
vraiblonde said:
And by that reasoning, if a parent smokes, drinks a beer, drives a car or votes in an election, the kid should be able to as well? :lol:

Those are activities that are considered "Adult" activities. Personally, I have never smoked, I rarely drink and as far as driving a car or voting in an election, those things are rights given to responsible adults. These rights can also be taken away from the irresponsible adult.

Bad language, IMO is inappropiate anywhere. In the words of my parents, People who constantly use bad language do so because of their inablility to find other words to use. This only shows a lack of command of the English language.

Also, swearing in other languages to cover up the fact that you are swearing is still swearing and also shows the same lack of command for the language.

EmnJoe

nunya bidnis
buddy999 said:
Bad language, IMO is inappropiate anywhere. In the words of my parents, People who constantly use bad language do so because of their inablility to find other words to use. This only shows a lack of command of the English language.

:moon:Kiss my rear and a few other choice words that I won't say.

I can say it all without the 4 letter words and it means the same thing. But the emphasis is better with the bad words. :razz:

Just a single light smack on the child mouth will usually do just fine. Worked for my kid.:smack:

cege

CableChick said:
Okay ... I have a 4 year old that has decided to take up some of my bad language habits.

He said the "d" word a few times at school last week and I finally threatened him with washing his mouth out with soap. I told him that little boys don't use words like that. He agreed.

Today he tosses out the the phrase "oh sh**" ... now daddy has told him I'm waiting at the top of the stairs w/ the soap. What have you done w/ your kids?

Personally I would never wash my kids mouth out with soap. I would think if you didn't make a big deal when he says those bad words he may not enjoy saying them so much. Plus it is true that they repeat what we say even if they shouldn't. I use to say Jesus christ a lot and one day my son tripped and he goes Jesus christ. I told him not to say it but I also realized he picked it up from me.

BlackSheep

CableChick said:
Okay ... I have a 4 year old that has decided to take up some of my bad language habits.

He said the "d" word a few times at school last week and I finally threatened him with washing his mouth out with soap. I told him that little boys don't use words like that. He agreed. Today he tosses out the the phrase "oh sh**" ... now daddy has told him I'm waiting at the top of the stairs w/ the soap. What have you done w/ your kids?

A 6-year-old and a 4-year-old are upstairs in their bedroom.

You know what?" says the 6-year-old. "I think it's about time we started cussing."

The 4-year-old nods his head in approval. The 6-year-old continues, "When we go downstairs for breakfast, I'm gonna say something with hell and you say something with ass." The 4-year-old agrees with enthusiasm.

When the mother walks into the kitchen and asks the 6-year-oldwhat he wants for breakfast, he replies, "Aww, hell, Mom, I guess I'll have some Cheerios."

WHACK! He flies out of his chair, tumbles across the kitchen floor, gets up, and runs upstairs crying his eyes out, with his mother in hot pursuit, slapping his rear with every step. His Mom locks him in his room and shouts, "You can stay there until I let you out!"

She then comes back downstairs, looks at the 4-year-old and asks with a stern voice, "And what do YOU want for breakfast, young man?"

"I don't know," he blubbers, "but you can bet your fat ass it won't be Cheerios." :killingme

N

nitwhit3286

BlackSheep said:
A 6-year-old and a 4-year-old are upstairs in their bedroom.

You know what?" says the 6-year-old. "I think it's about time we started cussing."

The 4-year-old nods his head in approval. The 6-year-old continues, "When we go downstairs for breakfast, I'm gonna say something with hell and you say something with ass." The 4-year-old agrees with enthusiasm.

When the mother walks into the kitchen and asks the 6-year-oldwhat he wants for breakfast, he replies, "Aww, hell, Mom, I guess I'll have some Cheerios."

WHACK! He flies out of his chair, tumbles across the kitchen floor, gets up, and runs upstairs crying his eyes out, with his mother in hot pursuit, slapping his rear with every step. His Mom locks him in his room and shouts, "You can stay there until I let you out!"

She then comes back downstairs, looks at the 4-year-old and asks with a stern voice, "And what do YOU want for breakfast, young man?"

"I don't know," he blubbers, "but you can bet your fat ass it won't be Cheerios." :killingme

hahah good one :high5:

When I used foul language, my mom beat my arse. I learned my lesson.

My cousin sprinkled pepper on her daughter's tongue. I could NEVER do that. I feel that's borderline child abuse.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Speedy70 said:
When I used foul language, my mom beat my arse. I learned my lesson.

My cousin sprinkled pepper on her daughter's tongue. I could NEVER do that. I feel that's borderline child abuse.

My mom used to make me kneel on uncooked rice. Little pepper is far from abuse!! :lmao:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Speedy70 said:
She was only about 2 or 3 years old. :shrug:

Yeah thats a bit young for pepper mouth. School em young I guess. I wouldn't do it. My sweety is 2 and she already knows that it sucks to sit and not move from the steps.